[PHASED-OUT]: Tracking the $5k California CVRP Fund

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pkeys said:
Great to see this thread, I've been thinking that the fund may be exhausted by the time I get my order in. Now, at least I have a bit of hope.

At the Street Smart event, Mike Ferry of CCSE talked about that:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1229&start=10

walterbays said:
I went to two of the CCSE workshops and found them very useful. I believe the presentation slides will be posted later to the CCSE web site, http://energycenter.org . The CCSE presentation did the best job I've seen of explaining transportation energy issues, including tailpipe emissions versus smokestack emissions. CCSE also administers the California rebate program, and there was reassuring news on that front. There is still most of the $4M from 2009-10 left, and $5M is in the draft budget for 2010-11. So people really stand a very good chance of getting their rebates. Of course with the budget still not passed, and the politicians looking for any pot of money to raid, next year's amount could still be zeroed out. But - best news of all - even if that happens, early adopters will not lose out. In the old scheme, if money ran out, you bought, and later the program was funded again, you got nothing. All the new money went to new applicants. Now, whenever the program is funded you keep your place in line to receive the next check.

Figured I just BUMP this thread, as today the "% Used" hit 9.51%, which rounds to and is now displayed as 10% on the CVRP website. I'll continue to track 1x/wk (probably Fridays) and bump every 10%.

In some 56 days, you lost 21 Leafs. So by the end of Jan next the year you would lose some 67. That is still over 600 Leafs - without the increase in Funds. So, I think anyone who gets the Leaf before Feb, will get the money with existing funds.

evnow said:
In some 56 days, you lost 21 Leafs. So by the end of Jan next the year you would lose some 67. That is still over 600 Leafs - without the increase in Funds. So, I think anyone who gets the Leaf before Feb, will get the money with existing funds.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are there not other vehicles that have access to these funds, not just the Leaf to estimate depletion against?

smkettner said:
Reserved funds seems to have spiked. Any revised estimates to running out?
I do that usually at the end of a work week or if it's a very significant spike or if a % milestone is hit or if something else MAJOR happens ( looking for that extra $5m soon :shock: ). But you are correct, I missed yesterday's move from 10% to 13%; THANKS for pointing that out. Will update later this morning.

EVDRIVER said:
evnow said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are there not other vehicles that have access to these funds, not just the Leaf to estimate depletion against?
Yes. E.g. Tesla = $5k also. Looks like there've been a few in the past several months. Less significant are NEVs and ZEMs due to lower rebate amounts and volume.

What is the definition of "Reserved Funds"? Are these for vehicles that have applications submitted but the rebate is not authenticated/paid yet? Is "Reserving Funds" something that LEAF people CAN and SHOULD be doing right now? 13%!!! This must be whats its like to be tied up, starved... and then watching other people feast :cry: .

TRONZ said:
What is the definition of "Reserved Funds"? Are these for vehicles that have applications submitted but the rebate is not authenticated/paid yet? Is "Reserving Funds" something that LEAF people CAN and SHOULD be doing right now? 13%!!! This must be whats its like to be tied up, starved... and then watching other people feast :cry: .

You reserve when you buy the car. It's all on the instructions on their site.

TRONZ said:
Reservation - 04.20.10 @2:32pm. Order - 08.31.10 @12:24pm, Silver SL L3. Test drove - 10.01.10. Delivery Date - Pending.
I think you are in good shape. I ordered 09.29.2010 and feel like it is touch and go even with the additional 5m to be added.
It has been posted by the cvrp people that any reservation before the purchase is final will be rejected.
You do need the VIN and the site does not even allow Leaf reservation yet.

TRONZ said:

Your funds are 'reserved' when you hit the enter button to submit your application. After submitting your application, you have 14 days to submit the required paperwork.

YOU NEED YOUR VIN# TO COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION. They also compare submit date to the date on your registration/sales contract and will reject your paperwork if the dates don't match, so you cannot submit before the actual purchase/lease.

Aaaaaahhhaaaaa! This is all very good info. Last I checked on this thread it was sounding like people were going to submit for rebates (14ish days) in advance of getting their cars. I like this much better and seems very fair. So if someone is racing for the very last few CVRP Rebates, they would;

1- Ask to inspect their actual car (and its VIN# ;) ) right away before the contract signing.
2- Get your smartphone online with CVRP and fill out the application with the VIN# and Submit to "reserve" your funds.
2- Sign all purchase contracts (ensure all dates are correct).
3- Drive off.

Tronz, if the fund is down to the last 100k or less I plan to make every effort as you say.
Most likely the fund will be either gone or seem to be plenty that I can just drive it home and apply.

EVDRIVER said:

True. The assumption is when Leaf gets released funding for Leafs will dwarf others ...

opencar said:
i heard CA gov't passed a budget today - does anyone know if the $5M CVRP funds survived the cuts?

each article I've read bout the budget doesn't mention any environmental $$ cut but does state a paring of general funds in the hundreds of $M. guess we have to wait for the csse guys to confirm

See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1494

Also, on a separate note, I have now heard that (contrary to 8/13/2010 note in the OriginalPost) the $20k for E-Trucks *DOES* come out of this fund -- which is partly what caused the jump from 10% to 13% used in the first week of Oct2010.

TRONZ said:
Aaaaaahhhaaaaa! This is all very good info. Last I checked on this thread it was sounding like people were going to submit for rebates (14ish days) in advance of getting their cars. I like this much better and seems very fair. So if someone is racing for the very last few CVRP Rebates, they would;

1- Ask to inspect their actual car (and its VIN# ;) ) right away before the contract signing.
2- Get your smartphone online with CVRP and fill out the application with the VIN# and Submit to "reserve" your funds.
3- Drive off.

Tronz, as the administrator of the program I would like to advice you against applying 14 days in adavance. That application would be denied because the application date would be before the purchase date of the vehicle.

Center4Energy said:
TRONZ said:

3- Drive off.

Tronz, as the administrator of the program I would like to advice you against applying 14 days in adavance. That application would be denied because the application date would be before the purchase date of the vehicle.

Ya, Thanks! I like the way the CVRP funds will be "reserved" now MUCH better! Seems a lot more fair and straight forward being based on your delivery date+VIN. As CVRP funds deplete and people get testy this Date/VIN approach will be a big help.

I agree.

I was going to press Nissan to get my VIN 12 days before delivery, filing my rebate according to the "rules" that I thought were on the website and the form. Now, I can relax and do it the morning that I buy the car.

I do not remember a "not before purchase date" restriction. Now, I find the issue mentioned in the FAQ, but that is not an "obvious" place that everybody would see.

If the "filing early" restriction is not obvious in the on-line filing instructions AND on the form, they should be changed to make it clear.

garygid said:
If the "filing early" restriction is not obvious in the on-line filing instructions AND on the form, they should be changed to make it clear.

I agree with garygid on this. If some of the better informed folks on this forum thought that they could or should reserve funds 12 or 14 days before purchase date, many EV purchasers who are not reading this forum may also try to reserve funds early. It could become a real mess for CCSE and for us buyers.

CCSE should make it very clear in the reservation instructions that funds reserved before the purchase date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back