Nissan's Lack of Communication on Delivery Delay

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GeorgeParrott said:
I really don't want slick mailers with color chip samples, particularly when it is too late to change my order color.
I don't need another T-shirt, and I still have not actually received mine either, so the T-shirt delay is almost as long as the car delivery delay?
I had to :lol: when I saw this. I was thinking the same thing: Send me the paint chips MONTHS after both the drive event and my order date? Really? Where the hell are pictures of the accessories I was supposed to order at the same time I had to (nearly blindly) select a car color?

Delays in manufacturing I can understand as this is a new program (though more information WOULD be nice)... but some of this other stuff (like a faulty we site that wouldn't even let me order at first, and lack of information about colors and accessories) is just crazy. :-/

lemketron said:
GeorgeParrott said:
I really don't want slick mailers with color chip samples, particularly when it is too late to change my order color.
I don't need another T-shirt, and I still have not actually received mine either, so the T-shirt delay is almost as long as the car delivery delay?
I had to :lol: when I saw this. I was thinking the same thing: Send me the paint chips MONTHS after both the drive event and my order date? Really? Where the hell are pictures of the accessories I was supposed to order at the same time I had to (nearly blindly) select a car color?

Delays in manufacturing I can understand as this is a new program (though more information WOULD be nice)... but some of this other stuff (like a faulty we site that wouldn't even let me order at first, and lack of information about colors and accessories) is just crazy. :-/

True, and how green is all that paper? NO pictures of the ECO package, well the people that finally received theirs should be able to sue Nissan for mental duress once they saw the blue spa treatment on the center consul. If it was a Nissan marketing person then they can donate it to the glitter guitar section in a Nashville Hard Rock Cafe.

"blue spa treatment on the center consul" LOL! Mine is for sale if anyone is interested? :lol: I asked my LEAF dealer if they could take it out and he said "No" because my LEAF has already been assembled and is in route....

evnow, you're right, there's a lot at stake, and there are a lot of people ready to pounce on ANYTHING regardless of how reasonable - That's all the more reason Nissan should have BOTHERED to get the launch communication and customer treatment RIGHT.

I agree WITH ALL YOU PEOPLE ! ! !

crybaby.jpg

just jokin' . . . but hey . . . welcome to reality, the advertised american way of life, where all problems get solved within a 30 minute TV show sometimes just doesn't happen. Supposedly we learned something from the Challenger disaster, caused by rushy rushy, no time to wait for new 'O' rings on the solid rocket boosters. Historians say that the only thing we learn from history, is that we learn NOTHING from history.
;)
Yes, it'd be nice, in a perfect world, if someone would stroke us ... and say, "we're sorry it's taking a while" ... "we're sorry there are a numerous glitches in our system" "were sorry (add your own hypothetical)". As Frank Sinatra used to sing, "that's life" . . . . seldome goes the way you'd hope. ok, I better hold my own whining in now, I suppose. Besides, with me, there's always the fear of "restaurant retribution" ... where sending your meal back with complaints yields untold 'extras' after it returns. Who knows where your car may end up!
:lol:

Have anyone else heard following news:

1) Nissan has suspended LEAF delveries. The 83 (?) unit
arrived near Christmas were whisked off to a storage.

2) Nissan has also stopped manufacture

3) The apparent main (not only) reason of above because recent test have shown that at freezing temperatures, the range for a mixed highway / in-city performance, as it is the case for peple leaving in the suburbs falls below 40mi and that further it does not start at such temperatures.

At cold temperatures, even if no frezing, as long as cabin heating is required, the situation is not much better.

If the latter is true, it seems to me it cannot be cured.

And to the title of this blog: Given the typical lack of openess of the Japanese manufacturers, where sometimes even their own top management is not informed of grave problems (a la Toyota!), it is understandable that that Nissan USA is stalling (and not , as some bloggers insinuate, because the American Nissan is "bad". discrediting the "perfect" Japanese" manufacturers), but because they are ordered o do so (or not informed themselves)

TOM

TomWittmann said:

1) Nissan has suspended LEAF delveries. The 83 (?) unit
arrived near Christmas were whisked off to a storage.

2) Nissan has also stopped manufacture

3) The apparent main (not only) reason of above because recent test have shown that at freezing temperatures, the range for a mixed highway / in-city performance, as it is the case for peple leaving in the suburbs falls below 40mi and that further it does not start at such temperatures.

At cold temperatures, even if no frezing, as long as cabin heating is required, the situation is not much better.

If the latter is true, it seems to me it cannot be cured.

And to the title of this blog: Given the typical lack of openess of the Japanese manufacturers, where sometimes even their own top management is not informed of grave problems (a la Toyota!), it is understandable that that Nissan USA is stalling (and not , as some bloggers insinuate, because the American Nissan is "bad". discrediting the "perfect" Japanese" manufacturers), but because they are ordered o do so (or not informed themselves)

TOM

This is complete trolling and should be deleted by the moderator.

BlueSL said:
This is complete trolling and should be deleted by the moderator.
Seriously. Sounds very similar to competitors posting negative reviews on Yelp, TripAdvisor, etc. Guy comes out of the blue and whispers to the person beside him "Hey, did you hear the rumor?"

If this is his opinion let him post it. He is not being abusive to anyone. We don't need to delete everything that we don't agree with and call it trolling after a few posts. If this continues then it can be looked at further and if he is attempting to spread rumor, etc and is ignored he will go away. At this point it's not a big deal and I've seen far worse from frequent posters insisting on things they have no knowledge about.

Tom's not posting it as opinion.

He is suggesting he is stating facts: "Have [sic] anyone else heard the following news?"

How about it, Tom? Where do your facts come from?

TomWittmann said:
No. Where did you hear it? Did you see the segment of "The Nissan Leaf Story" video showing the cold weather tests Nissan did at the Hokkaido test facility?

BlueSL said:
Tom's not posting it as opinion.

He is suggesting he is stating facts: "Have [sic] anyone else heard the following news?"

How about it, Tom? Where do your facts come from?

That's his right. Plenty of people state things here as facts and I know they are flat wrong. As always, if you don't agree then ask and if you don't like what they say ignore. Forums are more objective when we don't act like dictators deleting things we don't agree with or like. Unless he is insulting people he is free to past any thing he believes to be a fact. Most of the time someone like this posts members start attacking and antagonizing them and engaging in the vary behavior they have accused the poster. On the Aptera forum moderators began editing posts and spying on members or deleting anything they did not like. That's not going to happen here. Only spam and abusive behavior should be deleted.

stanley said:
I agree, but asking for his source is not being hostle

No it's not at all. LIke I said, ask away. My guess is this person went away, we shall see.

I have clearly stated that the only part of my firts post which is factual is that NISSAN has stopped the deliveries and most probably the manufacture of the LEAF . which themselves had announced were already in process.

As to ask me where a rumor comes from, if I had a reliable source it would not be a rumor!!. But as I write in my second post (filed today 1/24) it seems that the figures,
reliable or not, seem logoical and credible

I thank the moderator for his position, he understands that being the "advocat of the devil" is certainly useful to attain a objective appraisal, not hidden under a cover of excessive enthusiasm.

Again: please comment my today's post and excuse my bad English!!
TOM

Basic rule - if no credible source is given, "facts" are actually opinions/speculation/paraniod delusions. That's the rule throughout the Internet. If you haven't figured that out by now, then you probably won't ever get it. So Tom is welcome to his opinions, and can post them to his hearts content. If he continues in that vein, that's what the scroll wheel on the mouse is for. I'm more interested facts. Generally, this form has lots of them, so I won't be at a loss to look elsewhere.

Edit: Oh, and his assertions are so clearly total BS, that I didn't feel a need to comment on them.

TomWittmann said:
Again: please comment my today's post and excuse my bad English!!
TOM
Nothing of what you posted has any factual basis. Can you first post something about yourself so that we know where you are coming from ?

Remember, anyone who makes hostile posts in any internet forum is treated as a troll.

In anycase, first read the news about Nissan taking journalists on a tour today. You couldn't have posted your FUD at a worse time. Do a news search it is being reported by multiple news outlets. So evidently your "news" is absolutely wrong.

Also, You seem to be posting from US - so what is this about bad English ?

Back