Nissan's Lack of Communication on Delivery Delay

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jteeny said:
I got a call yesterday from a Nissan Leaf rep who tells me that my car along with about 200 others is being delayed because of a "Pollen problem" and that the cars needed to be handwashed and they are doing that before rail shipping them...Really? Or is it that they found radioactive matter on it? They have now for this reason changed the delivery date from the week of May 6th until Week of June 3rd... VIN# 1857

Anyone have the real story on the "Pollen" problem?
Perhaps this "Pollen" is code for something rather less innocuous. It it glows in the dark, it ain't pollen !

GroundLoop said:
Stand by: Five members will be here shortly to tell you to shut up, stop complaining, and wait patiently. Of course, all five are driving their delivered cars, so.. :lol:

Then one member will be here to tell you they stood in the rain at some EV1 holding lot, so you don't know the true meaning of frustration. Of course, they sell cars..

Then two members will come ask what all the whining is about and remind you that Nissan is good people, and they're making rainbows in their factory so let them be. Consider sending a donation while you wait.

Last, I will say "You can't change your color?!?!" What are you complaining about.. at least they're building yours! Think of those of us back here in EV-Project-Delay-Land where Pending is all you get in the way of communication.

That, and today's 4-7 month rolling estimate.

PRO TIP:

Remember that when you call Nissan, you will get one of two levels of service.
The first level is for nice people who just want information. They get a quote about 4-7 months from order. Talk to your dealer, etc etc.

If you display sufficient levels of ANGST(tm), then you may get transferred to a supervisor, who can give you more information than Nissan gives to angst-free people. I highly recommend this!

Drink about four cups of coffee, read the news, check your 401(k), and give Nissan a call. Hold the phone really close to your mouth. Set aside your grown-up language for a moment. Spit a lot while you talk. Eventually you will reach one of Carolin's Information Delta Force who can tell you what ship your car is on, or when it will be built.

If you don't get this information on the first try, hit the RedBull, fuel up your SUV, and call again.

Hey Groundloop: I couldn't have said it any better. :(

Groundloop and DerKraut,

Way to go....I agree completely, but then I started this thread months ago.

I believe Groundloop is on to something....the Leaf is not "shipped from Japan; it comes directly from Area 51, and as such is subject to all the challenges of interstellar travel."

So be patient and your magic energy machine will arrive....sometime before the apocalypse.....probably.

And yes, I have mine, but I still am totally disgusted with Nissan's lack of communication. Personally I am pretty pleased with our Leaf (other than the complete failure of the range algorithm to predict even close, even AFTER the software update !!!!). I would personally opt for the Mitsubishi "i" in basic trim IF it was available and RECOMMEND to any of you waiting in "sometime land" for your Leaf cars to carefully consider a deposit on the Mitsubishi "i."

Heck, I am still holding a deposit on an Aptera !!!!

GeorgeParrott said:
I would personally opt for the Mitsubishi "i" in basic trim IF it was available and RECOMMEND to any of you waiting in "sometime land" for your Leaf cars to carefully consider a deposit on the Mitsubishi "i."
I considered the iMiev, but not for long. It has a 16 kWh battery as opposed to the LEAF's 24 kWh; 80 miles LA4 as opposed to 100 miles LA4. While I will get by with the LEAF's range, I might be willing to pay extra for 32 kWh / 130 miles if it was offered as an option on the 2012 LEAF. Although either car would fulfill my normal daily requirements, the iMiev might be a problem for days where I need a bit more than usual until the public charging insfrastructure is built out.

Today I drove to the office, then to our datacenter downtown, and back home. The LEAF would have done it fine, but the iMiev would have been pushing its range. Were I able to charge at the office or at the data center the iMiev would have made it with no problem.

Back