Nissan,how could you Screw Up so BADLY

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thankyouOB said:
What is all this cackling about suits and liability? Get real. Will you pay a lawyer's bills to follow up on these claims against Nissan? Can you find a trial attorney who sees some class action here?
NO. NOT YET.
There, I fixed it for you.
biggrinbounce2.gif

thankyouOB said:
I, too, am past the due date on my car.
Hah! You know nothing as a May 25 reservation, Feb 1 order and a car that's due to arrive any day now (week of April 15). But you sure are quick to bash those who aren't in your shoes!

How about some empathy? Like for those who reserved April 20, Ordered in September and have a MONTH OF JULY [1][2] (EG - no friggin idea when it will get there) ETA? THOSE are the guys who need some love!

Naw - let's kick them while they're down and tell them "suck it - life's unfair and quit 'yer whinin!"

So since the rebate money doesn't matter and you aren't entitled to it any more than any others - would you at least happily split the difference with someone who wasn't as lucky as you to receive the (full or decreased) rebate?

[1] http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=81713#p81713
[2] http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=81785#p81785

drees said:
thankyouOB said:
Hah! You know nothing as a May 25 reservation, Feb 1 order and a car that's due to arrive any day now (week of April 15). But you sure are quick to bash those who aren't in your shoes!

How about some empathy? Like for those who reserved April 20, Ordered in September and have a MONTH OF JULY [1][2] (EG - no friggin idea when it will get there) ETA? THOSE are the guys who need some love!

Naw - let's kick them while they're down and tell them "suck it - life's unfair and quit 'yer whinin!"

So since the rebate money doesn't matter and you aren't entitled to it any more than any others - would you at least happily split the difference with someone who wasn't as lucky as you to receive the (full or decreased) rebate?

+1

Stoaty said:
Edit: I am not going to respond to any more posts that mention legal action. I suggest others take the same vow of abstinence :lol:

Don't worry, Stoaty....after you get your car, you won't be allowed to post in this thread anyway.
:lol:

drees said:
thankyouOB said:

----------
I dont have a car, either. just a promise for maybe this week, or the latest next week.
so PM me some day, big boy, and we can talk.
The only reason I wasnt a 4/20 order was that I was out of work for 2.5 years, and if I didnt have a job, so I didnt have a commute.
I got a job, I placed my order.
walk a mile in my shoes, buddy, your arrogance is showing.
ditto for you PKSD1.

I have a hard time understanding why the out of order process can't be resolved. It's not like they are dealing with hundreds of thousands of orders - there are only a couple of thousand at this point. You should be able to straighten that out by hand in an afternoon if you really wanted to. How hard is it to sort a couple thousand items?

thankyouOB said:
What is all this cackling about suits and liability? Get real. Will you pay a lawyer's bills to follow up on these claims against Nissan? Can you find a trial attorney who sees some class action here?
NO.

Let's face it: You don't have to buy the car.
To incur the supposed loss you must buy the car and not realize the 5k rebate. Is that even an actionable loss against Nissan?
Assume it is (against all logic). Then, if you realize the 3k rebate and the loss is 2k, is that less than the legal bills?
Can you find a lawyer to take on the "class action" of the (lets way over estimate this) 100 people who got leap-frogged and lost out on 2k = $200k?
You take the legal fees out of that, or get lucky and the court awards the legal fees, if you can find a lawyer to do this on spec.

Can we elevate this board beyond this issue. Nissan screwed up. Cancel the order. Take the order.
Complain about the order, but stop this nonsense about legal liability and winning in court.

They have an army of lawyers and you have just anger.
We all get that you are upset.
I, too, am past the due date on my car. but all this cat-calling and pissing and entitlement is just not going anywhere.
kick the dog, if that helps. But stop talking about having a legal action.

Nissan owes no one anything, not even an apology but they are not doing things in a manner that makes customers happy or gives them a good name but that is not grounds for a suit of any kind. This is like Aptera all over again, people think they are entitled to detailed explanations and exact reasons for delays and software bugs. Nissan only needs to meet their contractual obligations like the warranty and such. I'm pissed at them over many things but I'm not delusional. If it's too much to deal with vote with your wallet and cancel, I did with the idiot twins at Aptera as well as hundreds of other smart people. I feel everyones pain but I can't feel for those that think they deserve some compensation, it's a non-contractual agreement on a product. When I made my reservation I assumed it would take 2X longer to deliver then promised and I assumed the rebate would not be there because delays always happen, more so with EVs.

I can't wait to see all the angry fools that attempt to sue Nissan when their pack ages prematurely or looses capacity. This will happen in time and they will feel they deserve compensation even though they were fully aware of the facts of the warranty.

aqn said:
thankyouOB said:
NO. NOT YET.
There, I fixed it for you.
biggrinbounce2.gif

Morons that file these type of pointless suits are one reason products are so expensive. I bet most people did not even read the fine print in the order process. Now five people are going to threaten to sue me because I called them a moron even though I did not and now your liability insurance just went up. :lol: When ATT pissed me off, I cancelled, same for Comcast. Now, Nissan will never get my business again, it's that easy. Free market. Look what happened to AV....

"Sir, I've got a sleeper agent in Critical Mass.. I'll see to it they scramble the Dashboard database nightly."
GroundLoop. You are funny, however... your wild sensationalist theory makes almost perfect sense. The random delivery date generator is a close second.

Funniness that is funny makes me feel better about losing the first Leaf assigned to me, which was 7 days away from the dealer March 17th and now one of two vehicles seemingly lost in transit.

I give Nissan a lot of credit for rolling out the first affordable and practical electric car (to the very lucky few so far). And for all the randomness with the order dates, I do hope it gets worked out soon and that they learn something from it.
Hopefully an ordering system revamp is in the works, from my conversations with one of the sharp CS guys at Nissan, "they are working out the bugs before the mass US rollout". This experience has definitely been an ordeal for us customers but insignificant compared to the Earthquake, Tsunami and nuclear meltdown our friends in Japan are going through. I hope the nuclear plant stabilizes soon. I would rather have their nuclear plant fixed than a fixed Leaf ordering system. Here's to hoping we get both.

EVDrive (bay area)
- Ordered the blue one from the dealer Sept 7th
- Order placed with the factory mid January
- Delivery date - changes every week (March 24 came and went)
- Nissan Fan - yep, delays can't keep a good fan down

EVDrive said:
Hopefully an ordering system revamp is in the works, from my conversations with one of the sharp CS guys at Nissan, "they are working out the bugs before the mass US rollout". This experience has definitely been an ordeal for us customers

Most likely they will remove most of the visibility of the ordering system, and most likely they will go back to letting the dealers handle ordering/selling/gouging the car. The dealer orders, when they have stock they sell, delays happen they take the blame.. next time you buy a Nissan you find a new dealer.. GM went through a similar thing with the Volt, they regretted the visibility they gave during the development period. Manufacturers need this kind of isolation, lots of emotions in a new car.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions or something like that.

thankyouOB said:
drees said:
thankyouOB said:

----------
I dont have a car, either. just a promise for maybe this week, or the latest next week.
so PM me some day, big boy, and we can talk.
The only reason I wasnt a 4/20 order was that I was out of work for 2.5 years, and if I didnt have a job, so I didnt have a commute.
I got a job, I placed my order.
walk a mile in my shoes, buddy, your arrogance is showing.
ditto for you PKSD1.

AWWW!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

This thought just came to mind about order screw up. What if Nissan (at this point) is hoping for people to cancel their orders so that the cars become orphans that can be sold for more than MSRP. Dealers splits the difference with Nissan. Just a thought. :?:

Herm said:
EVDrive said:
Hopefully an ordering system revamp is in the works, from my conversations with one of the sharp CS guys at Nissan, "they are working out the bugs before the mass US rollout". This experience has definitely been an ordeal for us customers

Most likely they will remove most of the visibility of the ordering system, and most likely they will go back to letting the dealers handle ordering/selling/gouging the car. The dealer orders, when they have stock they sell, delays happen they take the blame.. next time you buy a Nissan you find a new dealer.. GM went through a similar thing with the Volt, they regretted the visibility they gave during the development period. Manufacturers need this kind of isolation, lots of emotions in a new car.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions or something like that.

Interesting thoughts but that would be a shame. Nissan made bold moves to put it mildly when they decided to build the Leaf in mass market numbers and market and deliver it directly to the consumer. I applaud their innovation, even if their execution has been weak. They can fix the execution relatively easily.....no need to kill the innovation.

downeykp said:
This thought just came to mind about order screw up. What if Nissan (at this point) is hoping for people to cancel their orders so that the cars become orphans that can be sold for more than MSRP. Dealers splits the difference with Nissan. Just a thought. :?:

Not a chance, that's not how the relationship works.

I'm not sure how many orders are messed up that were in Japan after the earthquake but there is some evidence that LEAFs were damaged and Nissan is not revealing this. This may have impacted some orders.

LEAFfan said:
CS surprised me today...he told me that my LEAF was finished Apr. 15th with all the service (port accesories, software updates, a/c fix, etc.) and it is shipped to the dealer two to three days later.

Woohoo - there's goodness in every thread! Even this one ;)

EVDRIVER said:
I'm not sure how many orders are messed up that were in Japan after the earthquake but there is some evidence that LEAFs were damaged and Nissan is not revealing this. This may have impacted some orders.

Can you cite the evidence? I am not familiar with it.

I tried to call the CS line, and as soon as I chose an option from the menu, it hung up on me. So I contacted Live Chat instead, and had the following exchange:

Chat Transcript
Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
You have been connected to Nathan.
Nathan: Thank you for contacting Nissan LEAF Customer Support, my name is Nathan. How may I help you today Daniel?
Me: Hi Nathan. I'm wondering if you can give me information regarding the status of my Leaf. VIN ending in 1201. My dealer says the car is in Portland, but my "dashboard" changed from estimated delivery Week of April 22 to Month of July. That seems an awfully long time to apply the fix for the starting problem.
Nathan: I will check this for you, sir.
Me: Thanks.
Nathan: Mr. [...], I can not give you an exact date on the delivery, but I am showing you have a vin#, last 4 are different than the one you typed, your car is more likely End of April beginning of May delivery.
Me: That's odd, since my "owner's portal" has the vin I mentioned. Can you tell me if the car is indeed in Portland as my dealer said?
Nathan: I can not tell exactly where it is.
Me: Okay. That's all, then. Thanks, Nathan, and goodbye.
Nathan: Have a great day sir, and thank you for contacting Nissan LEAF customer support.

After this I opened my owner's portal again and my vin is still listed as 1201. End of April / Early May would mean that it would be waiting for me when I return from my upcoming trip (middle May) but I now have so many discrepancies that I am not especially encouraged. And if the above information from CS is correct, it would be the first time I've ever gotten correct information from them.

Back