Leasing a 2014 or 2015 Leaf in the San Francisco Bay Area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone still following this thread, I think I did ok at Boardwalk in Redwood City over the weekend. 3-year S w/QC for 2500 down and payments of "just over" 200. State rebate covers the down and I hope to use the "No charge to charge" program enough to make the effective monthly less than $200 (total). They also covered the remaining payment(s) on my 2012 lease. I do/did not qualify for VPP.

The deal and specials I received might have been better because of any combination of the following:

1. I got "Loyalty" credits for re-leasing
  2. I negotiated by email for weeks in advance
  3. They are the # 1 or 2 LEAF dealer in the nation
  4. It was the last day of the month and Labor Day weekend.

I'm curious to know how this compares with anyone else's experience, even if I discover that someone did much better :eek: . PM me if you want finer or more detail, etc.

Heres the new deals for this month. pm for appointment or call/text leo 925-826-8688

2015 s chargers

Vpp
2500 down
36 payments
175+tax

Non Vpp
2500 down
36 payments
205+tax

Be forewarned: At Boardwalk Nissan, XXXX down does not necessarily mean XXXX drive-off!! There is usually be a very large difference between the two.

not through me its spelled out exactly 2500 down plus your first payment total and which ever payment you choose.

ether100 said:
Be forewarned: At Boardwalk Nissan, XXXX down does not necessarily mean XXXX drive-off!! There is usually be a very large difference between the two.

ether100 said:

This has not been my experience (leased from Leo a month ago). Of course, it is absolutely important to ask before driving over to sign off.

akat said:
ether100 said:

This has not been my experience (leased from Leo a month ago). Of course, it is absolutely important to ask before driving over to sign off.

I go in tomorrow to meet with Leo, I fully understand that he means $2500 down + 1st payment at driveoff, if I see anything else, then yes, that'd be a problem, looking forward to hopefully a smooth process tomorrow. :cool:

mgs333 said:
akat said:
ether100 said:

I go in tomorrow to meet with Leo, I fully understand that he means $2500 down + 1st payment at driveoff, if I see anything else, then yes, that'd be a problem, looking forward to hopefully a smooth process tomorrow. :cool:

Just drove home in my new Leaf! I got goosebumps when I realized that I'm driving an EV and not using any gasoline.

Leo was great, absolutely no surprises and the finance gentleman (forgot his name) was very nice and fast too. Thanks Leo for a great deal and a great buying experience!

Newbie concerns: Sorry if they sound stupid.

I am planning on leasing the new nissan leaf S with QC but my concerns are about the charging:
They say quick charger (Chademo) will allow to charge under 30 minutes but how many of these are there in southbay really?
I live in a rental apartment. My home garage has a regular plug. How does the 110V charger look like? Do I need some special installation or is it just a regular plug that I can insert in our home sockets? In worst case I can keep my car in the garage overnight and let it charge, just in case I wasnt able to charge it in office or any other place.
What about road side assistance? How does that work here? Is towing the only option?
I just have anxiety about battery dying out before I could find a public charger. Did people have such experience?

My another concern is whether I will find a spot to charge at all or do I have to keep checking the parking of when the spot is available.?

shambir said:
They say quick charger (Chademo) will allow to charge under 30 minutes but how many of these are there in southbay really?
Look at this map to find out: https://na.chargepoint.com/charge_point" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How does the 110V charger look like? Do I need some special installation or is it just a regular plug that I can insert in our home sockets?
3 prong, regular.

How many miles a day will you drive? Overnight charging in your apartment garage should be fine , if it doesn't trip the breaker. If outlet breaker shared with others then there might not be a lot of amps available.

Leo, How much is the drive out cost for the nissan leaf: 2500 + 1 month payment?
What about DMV, bank acquisition, and other such cost?

vpp 2691 non vpp 2724 everything else is included

shambir said:
Leo, How much is the drive out cost for the nissan leaf: 2500 + 1 month payment?
What about DMV, bank acquisition, and other such cost?

A newbe question, how do you qualify for VPP? what is the best deal i can get for a 2015 S+QC. I do not think i qualify for VPP. thanks

I got mine for the following deal over the weekend:

Brilliant Silver 2015 Nissan w/QC
2500 Drive off (includes first month payment)
193$ per month including taxes
36 month lease
with 2 yr EZ card

I got it from Premier Nissan
Salesman: Robert

I am looking at the Leaf, but I've been getting what seems to be high lease rates.

Is an SV w/ QC for $279 too much? It seems like a lot especially since I am VPP eligible

wonder if there are others who want to buy the car together? not sure if this will sweeten the deal but looks like few people have done that before. PM me thank you.

Asghar said:
A newbe question, how do you qualify for VPP? what is the best deal i can get for a 2015 S+QC. I do not think i qualify for VPP. thanks
http://www.insidenissan.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.insidenissan.com/vpp_faqs_associates.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://insidenissan.programhq.com/ba_search.psp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi SFjoe,

Can you please unicast the details on where you got this deal from along with the sales contact..etc.. I am also loolking for 2015 leaf and looks like you got real good deal.

thanks in advance.

DMD

Back