EVSE 200V 15A - Nissan Leaf 2017

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really strange, can't see the label. Checked it thoroughly...see attached pictures :-(
Hi @macgeeknz, the picture you sent is for a 6.6 kW. Mine is a 3.3 kW. May be the location of the label is different. Will it be possible to check that for a 3.3 kW JDM please?
Thank you!

@coulomb, @Steve52, @SageBrush, @cornbinder89:
Do you know someone who has a 3.3 kW JDM and who can send me a picture of where is label is situated? The label contains information like the input voltage, input power....
Thank you in advance guys!

Attachments

• OBC-rating.jpeg
    OBC-rating.jpeg
    573.2 KB · Views: 0
The label is behind the loom that is held in by the cadmium plated bracket & bolt in your 2nd photo .....
Hi Toby,

Thanks a lot. However, what do you mean by loom? Have you got a picture where you have the label?
Have you ever seen it on a 3.3kW Nissan Leaf?

Hi Shameem

The term loom means "wiring harness", see here [1]

The location for the 3.3KVA PDM & OBC label is the same. Below are three photos illustrating it from a MY17 JDM AEZ0.

I've also posted a video for you at [2].

View attachment 3007

View attachment 3008

View attachment 3009

[1] https://www.interconnect-wiring.com/blog/why-are-wiring-harnesses-sometimes-called-looms

[2] http://mac.geek.nz/mynissanleaf/OBC-rating-sticker.mp4

Hope this helps :)
Hi Macgeek,

Yeah that's very clear. Will try to just move the loom a bit to see if I can find it.

Thanks again for this video.
Cheers

Hi Macgeek,

Yeah that's very clear. Will try to just move the loom a bit to see if I can find it.

Thanks again for this video.
Cheers
To note that mine is the second generation Leaf, so it is a bit different...will still check

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 14.50.50.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 14.50.50.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Note your picture looks to be a 1st gen Leaf('11 and '12) while the photos from Shameem looks to be a '13 and later Leaf.

Note your picture looks to be a 1st gen Leaf('11 and '12) while the photos from Shameem looks to be a '13 and later Leaf.
I'm not sure exactly who this was directed at, but the photos I supplied were from model year 2017 and 2018 (AZE0 and ZE1 respectively). Both from Japan.

The 1st generation Leaf motor stack looks quite different and I haven't seen any photos of it in this thread. An example photo of gen 1 is available at this link for comparison:

Leaf Generationa

@Shameem - for what it's worth, I think all of the onboard chargers in all Leafs are rated 100-240V for worldwide use. I believe you will be able to plug your Leaf into a 240V EVSE and charge your car's battery with no problems.

@Shameem - for what it's worth, I think all of the onboard chargers in all Leafs are rated 100-240V for worldwide use. I believe you will be able to plug your Leaf into a 240V EVSE and charge your car's battery with no problems.
Thanks @macgeeknz. Got your point. Your are not the only one saying that. But no one and even me, up to now, has not been able to show me or found where is the OBC specifications written. I would like to charge it directly from the main supply (therefore assuming the OBC allows 240V) without going through the step-down transformer.
Just think, 1s, if the OBC allows only 200V. What will happen in that case?

Cheers.

Thanks @macgeeknz. Got your point. Your are not the only one saying that. But no one and even me, up to now, has not been able to show me or found where is the OBC specifications written. I would like to charge it directly from the main supply (therefore assuming the OBC allows 240V) without going through the step-down transformer.
Just think, 1s, if the OBC allows only 200V. What will happen in that case?

Cheers.
My expectation is that it would refuse to charge and give an over-voltage error, however I don't think this will occur I think it will be fine.

Have you seen this video where Dala replaces the OBC in an older model Leaf - the one where the OBC is in the boot instead of the engine bay. Is there a chance yours is the older model like this and therefore the sticker would be on the module in the boot.

My expectation is that it would refuse to charge and give an over-voltage error, however I don't think this will occur I think it will be fine.

Have you seen this video where Dala replaces the OBC in an older model Leaf - the one where the OBC is in the boot instead of the engine bay. Is there a chance yours is the older model like this and therefore the sticker would be on the module in the boot.

My Leaf is the "new" oct. 2017 JDM. Therefore, I don't think it will be found in the boot.

May be...seems strange though...all other labels/stickers are there!

As for the socket, it may support 240V, but the OBC may not...

Last edited:
This has gone on for 5 pages, you've heard from all that say it will work, you've heard from many people with JDM cars that say it will work. A label may fall off, be missing because someone had the thing apart, and cleaned the case aggressively.
I think it is time for you to either take the advice given or walk away from the car, and look for a car that does have the label so you can feel better.
Nothing else can be done for you and no amount of fretting over it is going to change anything. Either plug the damn thing into the power you have or sell the car!
The J1772 socket is not just a shape but an engineering standard. Just as power sockets around the world must be configured in a manor that matches the power provided, the J1772 standard means it must meet the standard.
Enough already!

Back