Interesting focus group pre-screen.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got phone call and mail requests to participate in this survey. I found the prospect of being able to buy a 200-mile battery at that price very intriguing.
I have done a half dozen surveys and the $125 they would pay for three hours plus two hours travel is not acceptable. I told the phone caller that, with that low rate, the company was disrespecting the very people whose demographic they value.
I have been paid $500 to $200 to do surveys and will not spend all morning or all afternoon for ($125) such a small payment.

I suggest everyone who can to tell Research Design to raise their rate and to back it up by refusing the survey.

Unlike some of you, I still don't mind getting $125 for a few hours of time. I'm set up for the 23rd and yes there's an NDA.

mwalsh said:
I was asked how I felt about a vehicle A, a "100 mile" car that was in the mid-30s* after incentives. "Well, very interested", I said. Then he asked how I would feel about a vehicle B, a "200 mile" car that was just "a few thousand dollars more"*

Then he started asking me how I would feel about about the cost to add capacity to a 100 mile vehicle, in 25 mile increments up to 200 miles. I responded based on my understanding of current battery pricing per kWh that it would probably be ~$2500 per 25 miles. So $2500; $5000; $7500; and $10,000. "So, how", he said, "would you feel about $650 to add 25 miles; $1300 to add 50 miles; $1950 to add 75 miles; and $2600 to add 100 miles. Would you be interested in that?"
So, that would be 100 miles base version for $42.5 and 200 mile version for $45.1 ?

Makes little sense to me - unless it is a premium brand (infiniti ?).

BTW, on another forum (forget where) someone reported a question which said "sonic like car" - so was thought to be GM. Did you get that question as well - may be an entirely different survey.

Unlike some of you, I still don't mind getting $125 for a few hours of time. I'm set up for the 23rd and yes there's an NDA.
I'd do it for free !

evnow said:
pkulak said:
evnow said:
How about doing this somewhere other than SoCal ? :evil:

That's the driving capital of the world.
Do you know of any political surveys conducted only in Washington, DC and claimed to be representative of the country ?

That's not the form of the word "capitol" I was using. Did you think I meant that LA is where all the driving representatives for the world meet and create driving legislation?

However, I did misspell it, so really, all bets are off at that point. haha

pkulak said:
That's not the form of the word "capitol" ... However, I did misspell it, so really, all bets are off at that point. haha
'Capital' simply means the 'head' thing (from latin caput=head). So a capital city is a head city.

'Capitol' is generally only used by Americans and does not directly relate to the same meaning as capital, instead Capitol comes from the Capitoline hill of Rome and the Capitoline temple, and relates more to the location of the physical buildings of legislature.

So SoCal might well be the head location for driving. I'm not saying it is though - do they know much about living and driving for months in thick snow? Anyhow, it is definitely not a 'capitol' but might be argued to be a capital. You can have more than one capital anyhow.

$125 for 5 hrs as a financial assistance towards volunteering for 5 hrs to help develop a product you have a vested interest in? Seems quite reasonable to me.

evnow said:
pkulak said:
However, I did misspell it, so really, all bets are off at that point. haha
I got the gist of what you said-did you get the gist of what I said?
Waaaaaaa. [sniff] Compare your access to surveys, vehicles, and incentives to the rest of the country, evnow. Seriously - get a grip! Not only do we not get calls from focus groups, but Nissan didn't even refund my $100 "deposit".

AndyH said:
... but Nissan didn't even refund my $100 "deposit".
I don't know if they refunded the deposit or not.
Email said they were doing it and I never checked to confirm.
I trusted Nissan :lol:

They may build them in TN, but they don't survey in TN.
Most here would do for free.

Don't know if they still need anyone but there is a focus group going on in L.A. later this month at the Convention Center...

$200 Paid for your opinion about your PHEV, HEV or BEV Automobile
$200 paid for giving us your opinion.
ASK Survey Center is currently scheduling appointments for an upcoming Morpace focus group study. We are looking for PHEV, HEV and BEV Owners to tell us about what they want in their next new vehicle. Your opinions are vital in helping to develop future vehicle technology that continues to meet your needs.
We are conducting this research in Los Angeles, CA. Various appointments are available October 23 – October 27. Your participation would take 2 hours. You will be answering questions about your current vehicle/s and your future vehicle needs. You would receive $200 at the conclusion of the experience.
SPACE IS LIMITED SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, CONTACT US NOW!
Please contact Carla or Shirley at the ASK Survey Center appointment center at (800) 644-4275 x202 to learn more information and schedule your appointment. We will ask you a series of questions to ensure you qualify for this research before scheduling your appointment.
Morpace, Inc. is an independent consumer research firm. There will be absolutely NO sales involved with your participation in this research event and your information will be kept strictly confidential. Your contact information will not be used or released for any type of direct sales or marketing campaign. Morpace, Inc., and its market research partners, adhere to the mandated CASRO (Council of American Survey Research Organizations) Code of Standards and Ethics for Survey Research.
To learn more about Morpace, Inc. and our privacy policy, please visit morpace.com.

Back