Climate control heats if outside temp lower than requested temp regardless of inside temp

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMDleaf

I have driven three leafs (2022-2023) and all have this annoying behaviour with the Climate control on AUTO: If the outside temp drops below the requested temp, the heater comes on, even if the actual cabin temp is much higher than the requested temp.

One day it was 30C outside and 24C inside (Requesting 19C). Then it rained and outside temp fell to 18C. The heater came on and heated the cabin to 29C! Nissan dealer tested it and said there was nothing wrong!!!

It makes winter driving on a sunny day awful. It's cold so you have winter jumper on. Request 18C with outside at 10C. Sun cooks the cabin to 25C but the heater is still on! You have to override CC and put the AC on.

Any one else had this problem?

Welcome. I think you'll find that most Leaf drivers use the Auto mode only to quickly bring the cabin to a desired temperature - not to maintain that temp over time. I suggest that you try to get used to doing it that way.

Back