iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

Any luck resolving this? I'm in the same boat. Before I purchase for Android and try that I figured I'd check to see if anyone got the TPMS issue resolved.

Thanks,

Chad
I bought an xtool ip819tp tpms scan tool and it turns out my Leaf doesn't have any TPMS sensors installed in the tires.

So that would be the reason why LeafSpy "didn't work". :)

User error. ID10T error.

Bought some sensors to install soon.

LeafSpy rocks. No issues. Love it. I'll share more once I get TPMS working.

Modern tire pressure systems are not direct. They need to spin the wheels for a bit to get anything. If you’re testing at a standstill you’re going to get nothing. Not leafspy’s fault. The new ones are better because you don’t need special wheel rims with non-removable batteries in them

LeafSpy Pro is now available from the Apple App Store.

Use this link to go directly to the App Store listing for Leaf Spy Pro:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/leafspy-pro/id967376861?mt=8

Use this thread to report problems and ask questions about the iOS version of LeafSpy Pro.

Runs only on iOS version 7.1 or greater. Requires a WiFi OBDII Adapter to connect to your Leaf.
Does LeafSpy pro work on a 2011 leaf? I just upgraded the battery to 40 K from 24 and I’m looking for a way to monitor the health of the new battery.

LeafSpy Pro is now available from the Apple App Store.

Use this link to go directly to the App Store listing for Leaf Spy Pro:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/leafspy-pro/id967376861?mt=8

Use this thread to report problems and ask questions about the iOS version of LeafSpy Pro.

Runs only on iOS version 7.1 or greater. Requires a WiFi OBDII Adapter to connect to your Leaf.
Does LeafSpy pro work on a 2011 Nissan leaf? Or is LeafSpy still available? I just upgraded my battery from 24 to 40, and I’m looking for a way to monitor the new battery

Hi all.
Can someone please point me to something that explains how to read the data on LeafSpy Pro?
I've got it connected and I can see all the info, but I really don't know what most of it means and what I should be looking for.
Cheers

Someone should reply with a link, but in the meantime, here are the highlights:

"SOH" stands for "State of Health" and refers to remaining battery capacity. A SOH of 88, for example, means about 88% of the original capacity is left.

"Cell differential" refers to the difference, in millivolts, between the highest battery cell voltage and the lowest. While the number changes at different states of charge (SOC), you want this number to be as low as possible, especially when the SOC isn't extremely low. So 45mv at 50% charge is good, while 150mv is NOT. It indicates possible weak or bad cells.

"Histogram" is a chart that shows the voltages of all the cell pairs in the battery. when all of the vertical graph lines end close to each other, you generally have a good battery. When one or more of them end MUCH lower in the graph - accompanied by correspondingly low cell differentials - you quite possibly have a problem. What ISN'T a problem, though, is lots of red graph lines, as that just shows which cells are currently charging.

Gotta go now.

Does LeafSpy pro work on a 2011 Nissan leaf? Or is LeafSpy still available? I just upgraded my battery from 24 to 40, and I’m looking for a way to monitor the new battery
LeafSpy does work for the 2011
Selecting the correct OBD2 adapter is important.
When asking the LeafSpy help page for guidance he replied :
I recommend the Vgate vLinker Plus series for iOS (BM+, FD+ or MC+). The “+” series works with iOS.
MC+ is the latest edition and works for the widest variety of cars and apps.

Hi all.
Can someone please point me to something that explains how to read the data on LeafSpy Pro?
I've got it connected and I can see all the info, but I really don't know what most of it means and what I should be looking for.
Cheers
Be sure to use the "help" function built into LeafSpy Pro. It is impressively detailed and thorough. A lot of your questions (not all) will be answered there.
Swipe from the left edge to the right and a yellow menu box appears. Click on "?About and Help". Then click on "Application". Enjoy.

Last edited:
Back