Climate Control Solution - Gain Control of your Heater!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TomT said:
My understanding that it doesn't actually measure the power but, rather, uses a lookup table of values like it does for lights and other things...
My recollection is that Ingineer said that the power display for climate control was real and only the accessories display was fake (look-up table). It certainly appears that way to me.

Maybe so... It has been so long I no longer remember but it makes sense that the larger power draws would actually be measured rather than mapped... One thing I do know is the fan climate control power usage on the CC screen does not accurately track what my Lincomatic actually shows is the power draw from the battery... The compressor and the heater, yes, but not the fan... So, I assume the fan is mapped.

dgpcolorado said:
TomT said:
My understanding that it doesn't actually measure the power but, rather, uses a lookup table of values like it does for lights and other things...
My recollection is that Ingineer said that the power display for climate control was real and only the accessories display was fake (look-up table). It certainly appears that way to me.

Cross posting this here as I'm curious to know if Ingineer's solution addresses the AC heat issue as well.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11412&start=80#p432051

dhanson865 said:
I see a lot of talk about allowing fan only without heat but what about AC only without heat?

I've noticed with Leafspy that the AC in the summer time uses the heater blended in if the set point is between ambient and the temperature the AC can put out at minimum power.

for example one day I was driving and the ambient was 79F and my set point was 72F, heater came on a few minutes into my trip so I played with the setpoint and found these power levels (I think in hundreds of watts).

setpoint at 70F would have AC draw of 6 and Heat draw of 2
setpoint at 68F would have AC draw of 6 and Heat draw of 1
setpoint at 65F would have AC draw of 7 and Heat draw of 0
setpoint at 60F was same as at 65F.

I'd like a method that is easy to do that disables heat during the 7 to 9 months of the year I don't need it and can then be re-enabled for the 3-5 months I might use it.

Presumably when that is the case the AC would still cycle on and off at a usage of 6 or 0 but the variance in temp of the air from the vent would be higher.

I suppose method 1 or 2 would work but method 3 is out because it allows the heat to be on when AC is on.

I'd rather not have to dig around under the hood twice a year for method 1 so I guess method 2 is the best fit.

Of course the other method for this situation would be to choose a super low set point of 62F or 60F and then manually turn on and off the AC using the dash button as I drive but that is cumbersome as well. I'd rather not have to focus Leafspy's power draw meter for the heat or be constantly reaching for the AC on/off button on the dash while driving.

Back