Accessory pictures.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "makes the back flat" apparently means that the cargo area
(the area behind the rear seats, and behind "the hump")
is (still) flat, but the rear seat backs are still substantially
above the "flat" (new, higher-up) cargo area "floor".

So, it appears to be a misleading description.

garygid said:
The "makes the back flat" apparently means that the cargo area
(the area behind the rear seats, and behind "the hump")
is (still) flat, but the rear seat backs are still substantially
above the "flat" (new, higher-up) cargo area "floor".

So, it appears to be a misleading description.

Looks flat to me.... Skip to 0:58

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfjzXId4hRc[/youtube]

The cargo area shown is about 12 inches (or so) below the
level of the folded seat backs.

Adding the Cargo Accessory (not shown in the video) apparently
raises the new "floor" of the cargo area perhaps 8 to 10 inches, but
not up to the point that it is at the same level as the seat backs.

So, there is still a two-level "expanded cargo area" (when the
seats backs are folded forward), not just one-level (to nicely
slide larger objects in from the rear).

garygid said:
The cargo area shown is about 12 inches (or so) below the
level of the folded seat backs.

Adding the Cargo Accessory (not shown in the video) apparently
raises the new "floor" of the cargo area perhaps 8 to 10 inches, but
not up to the point that it is at the same level as the seat backs.

So, there is still a two-level "expanded cargo area" (when the
seats backs are folded forward), not just one-level (to nicely
slide larger objects in from the rear).

It looks like it is the same height as the "hump" to me.

la2.jpg

palmermd said:
It looks like it is the same height as the "hump" to me.
I'm with palmermd - with the cargo storage accessory the rear will be flat with the storage lids on. Similar the Prius, which also has a hidden storage area in the hatch (stock).

garygid said:
Yes, but the seat backs when folded are above the hump by almost 2 inches?

I guess we just have to agree to disagree. In that video it looks like the seats are flush with the hump to me, and the photo shows the storage containers are also flush with the hump.

At 0:57-0:58 in the video embedded a few posts above it's pretty obvious the seats fold flat with the "cross-member" - just look at the shadows. The cargo bin not only appears to fill the entire cavity in the picture given, but it even says right in the description "you have a flat cargo floor when the seats are folded down."

=Smidge=

palmermd said:
garygid said:
Yes, but the seat backs when folded are above the hump by almost 2 inches?

I guess we just have to agree to disagree. In that video it looks like the seats are flush with the hump to me, and the photo shows the storage containers are also flush with the hump.

If I pause the video at 0:57 and then compare it to the picture of the cargo organizer.. it looks like the cargo organizer may actually cover the hump. It's really hard to tell but look at the distance between the floor and the accessory light on the right side... looks like a shorter distance in the the organizer pic vs. the video which would go with this theory...

Edit: What's worse, I ordered a 'cargo net' and now really want the 'cargo organizer'. Don't seem to have that edit button </growl> Is the cargo cover included? or only an accessory? I've really enjoyed having that on my prius for when I want to hide things from view...

Looks like everyone is wrong.. lol.

Seats seem *lower* than the hump..not higher or level..

From the "Day in the LEAF" video
leafseat.png

I checked this out at the drive event but didn't get a great photo. I recall the seats are level with hump when folded. You can see in the car that is behind this one (i folded down the seats to check this out). Wish I had taken a close up of the seat folded down to put to the memory bank though.

1089463556_AjKiA-M-2.jpg

It's possible that the LEAF in the advertisement video is more pre-production with lower-folding seats. We will know on Saturday ... Gudy's in Petaluma.

(Edit: I meant "higher-folding", i.e. more flat, for the production version, just in case of any confusion.)

One point of confusion I have dealt with is the fact that the 'Cargo Cover" is standard on the Sl. Many people do not know this.

Yeah I just realized that the other day. I'm very happy it does as I was wanting it when I saw it here.

It's pretty apparent that the video has a leaf that is not the same as production versions. Of course the cars at the drive could also be the pre-production versions...Guess we'll wait for Gudy..

Looks like we still don't have the eco package pictures.

Cargo organizer is something I might buy later if available ...

Back