Accessory pictures.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh said:
I had a chance to get up close and personal with a couple of the accessories today - the color matched splash guards and the rear bumper protector.

I ordered the protection package...does that include the plastic bumper protector in your photo and the wheel well strips along with the clear door protectors?

LEAFfan said:
mwalsh said:
I had a chance to get up close and personal with a couple of the accessories today - the color matched splash guards and the rear bumper protector.

I ordered the protection package...does that include the plastic bumper protector in your photo and the wheel well strips along with the clear door protectors?
Nissan_LEAF_Order_05.png

mwalsh said:
Gonewild said:
I live in AZ and will be wanting a dash mat ASAP. Mike does the splash guard come in matching white as well and are they front and back?

Yes....front and back. AFAIK, all colors are available from the factory but the blue.

Glad I ordered the flaps on my blue LEAF from Nissan then. I am guessing that other Blue LEAF's will be able to get them later. I do need that black protector that goes on top of the bumper for the hatch area. I could see mine getting scratched easily.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
mwalsh said:
Gonewild said:
I live in AZ and will be wanting a dash mat ASAP. Mike does the splash guard come in matching white as well and are they front and back?

Yes....front and back. AFAIK, all colors are available from the factory but the blue.

Glad I ordered the flaps on my blue LEAF from Nissan then. I am guessing that other Blue LEAF's will be able to get them later. I do need that black protector that goes on top of the bumper for the hatch area. I could see mine getting scratched easily.

So the flaps you ordered with your Leaf are black, right? I have not yet seen a photo of a blue Leaf with the flaps installed but I have heard that they are black. Just want to confirm.

Gonewild said:
I am ordering the bumper protector and maybe mud flaps if he has them from ebay
I'm certain it's just personal preference, but I don't get why owners slap alternate colors on their cars, when it comes to mud guards and the like. Eventually, the after market folks start pumping 'em out for 1/5 the cost AND in matching colors. We have a white Gen II Prius, and OUR bumper cover is CLEAR, so as to be (imo) as innocuous as we can make it.
sjfotos said:
Just curious, wouldn't some type of UV screen material on the windshield be better? I am not experienced with the intense heat you get, but wondered...
Modernly, ALL windshield glass is UV coated ... as are the side and rear glass. That's why people who wear "photo-grey" spectacles find that they hardly darken in newer cars when the windows are rolled up.

I gave Fontana a heads-up on the splash guards last month. They ordered a bunch of them in each color for the parts dept and now have them in stock as well. As stated already, they are color matched to the car (Brilliant Silver on ours) and can be quickly installed before delivery. Cargo organizer is very nice but the trunk mat now sits on top of it and is too long on the ends (especially the right side). This mat was clearly made for the shape of the full floor area below the organizer and not the narrower new floor created by the top of the organizer. I would prefer it to be rubber as well in case something ever leaks.... anyone in the aftermarket parts industry listening????

Once again the Leaf CS people showed how out of touch and ignorant they are: Just out of curiosity, I called them last week to see if I could add the Splash Guards to my order so they could be port installed. The CS insisted that the Guards ONLY came in grey and that everyone else was wrong. Nothing I could do would change her mind. I finally just said thank you and hung up.

Frank said:

It took a while, but I finally got splash guards added to my Pending order.

I would have ordered them in the first place if it wasn't for the color-mismatch misinformation.

Considering the margins on these port-installed accessories, it's really surprising that Nissan seems to care not at all about selling them.

That's strange because I just told Danny I wanted splash guards about a month ago and Fontana ordered a bunch in all the colors. They just installed them during the dealer prep and we paid cash for them. It was very easy to just go through Fontana for this accessory.

Here's a pic of what the splash guards will hopefully be blocking (click to make bigger)

I want these, but don't want to alter my order in the slightest, lest I introduce a delay :roll:

Back