20k miles and lost 5 bars already! for sale...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
adric22 said:
91040 said:
OK, conspiracy theory people, go to work!
Could the photo have been snapped during the bootup process, that would explain why nothing is showing on the GOM?

Ah ha! Probably explains it! Well that makes me feel a little better that it's not a severe loss in a not so severe climate.

Thanks for checking it out 91040!

dm33 said:
As a prospective leaf owner, why do folks think its lost 5 bars and not just half charged up?

In the screen shot provided by carmax shows no charge bars. In the pic only 7 smaller bars on the right side are lit. The smaller bars inicate capacity. You start off with 12 when new. As the car racks up miles, you gradually lose batt capacity. The loss is more severe in hotter climates.

dm33 said:
As a prospective leaf owner, why do folks think its lost 5 bars and not just half charged up?

Here's a picture of a fully charged Leaf with 3 bars of capacity loss. The long horizontal bars are the state of charge, and because it's fully charged, they go all the way to the top. However, to the right side of those long bars are the small capacity bars. Three of them are no longer lit up at the top, demonstrating a pretty significant capacity loss.

Scott_3_bars_s.jpg

Back