San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We picked up our red Leaf on Thursday, another one for Tierrasanta! With three Nissans, I guess I need to do something with my Z since I probably won't drive it very much.

We have been having a blast. We made it all the way up to 94mph and watched the range plummet, but it was great and the acceleration was better than expected. We drive it similar to the Z and take the range hit, which is worth it. It was funny to be in PB this morning and with 20 miles left seeing if we really could make it back home and drive a bit.

With an ICE you start looking for fuel when the reserve hits 50, with the Leaf that is almost a full charge! Even though there are limited 'fueling' options with the Leaf, we didn't mind being low on electrons this morning!

My only gripe so far is the inferior interior materials, not up to the quality of our other Nissans. My 1971 Pinto had better carpet quality.

Rich, since you say you were in PB this morning, was that your red leaf pulling into Pacific Nissan about 10 this morning? Did you buy it there? (I saw a red one waiting for it's owner when I picked mine up on 5/19.)

Like you, havin' a blast!

We purchased ours from Mossey in Kearny Mesa. We dropped by Pacific to check out the availability of a charger if we needed one. We waited until we got home. It is nice to know that they have a charger, if we need it. They also offered to help us anytime!

I'm putting a long extension cord in the trunk!

As you, I'm surprised it is so much fun. Now if they can just produce an Electric Z, I'd be set.

Heh - after commenting that I hadn't seen any other Leafs besides ours, I quickly saw two different silver Leafs in the UC area in the past few days - all from Mossy. One owner said there's another black Leaf near him. I guess they are really coming out now - how appropriate for Spring!

richpickett said:
We purchased ours from Mossey in Kearny Mesa. We dropped by Pacific to check out the availability of a charger if we needed one. We waited until we got home. It is nice to know that they have a charger, if we need it. They also offered to help us anytime! ...
Maybe Pacific Nissan has finally figured out that pissing off every LEAF driver on the internet is a bad, bad idea.

I was at Shogun in Kearny Mesa and there was a silver one in the parking lot. They probably did not notice mine, it was tucked away in the corner.

Anyone live around Mira Mesa? I may have to charge up Sunday somewhere since all of the dealerships are closed and im sending out my charger for the Rev2 upgrade.

astralfish said:
Anyone live around Mira Mesa? I may have to charge up Sunday somewhere since all of the dealerships are closed and im sending out my charger for the Rev2 upgrade.
Why would the dealerships be closed this Sunday?

davewill said:
astralfish said:
Aren't they all Christians? haha I don't know what I was thinking.

I think I meant to say they aren't open as late. I won't be off work until 6 and they close at 7. I wish there were 24/7 chargers open!

astralfish said:
davewill said:
astralfish said:

I think I meant to say they aren't open as late. I won't be off work until 6 and they close at 7. I wish there were 24/7 chargers open!
Check with Mossy Kearny Mesa. I recall Leon posting that the EVSEs were available until midnight.

Don't know about these LEAFs. I leave mine outside the supermarket for a little while and it starts carrying on with strangers... :)
IMAG0195.jpg

So far in my immediate area, I've counted a black one, and white one, a silver one, and now two blue ones (or the same one twice). Plus a Volt.

BTW, whoever owns that car, those Wet Okole seat covers looked better than I thought they would. Now I wish I'd jumped on the group buy.

wsbca said:
rhover said:
Wow - 3 in your neighborhood, and all blue! which neighborhood is that?

'Pacific Ridge' (Sorrento Valley, up the hill from the industrial area/west of Camino Santa Fe.) All 3 Leaf homes are also solar homes.

Make that 4 in your neighborhood, no longer all blue, and unfortunately not all have solar panels on their homes (yet).

astralfish said:
davewill said:
astralfish said:

My chargers are available even after we close till midnight. Enjoy!

Leon~

Randy said:
How many do we have in San Diego on the board?

Please post and let us know, along with your approximate location...

I'm in Tierrasanta, and waiting for my Leaf to arrive!!!!

And, if you didn't know, the Center for Sustainable Energy is managing what's left of the $5K rebates for California, and they are located on Balboa Avenue in Kearny Mesa...I'll probably be dropping off my application in person as soon as I can....

Randy
Red SL

We are in 4S Ranch, just approved for our home charging station subsidy and awaiting our LEAF. Still haven't a delivery date, but estimates given were August/September. We're hopeful that the California rebate will not run out before our delivery, and have been told it may be renewed...although the 2012 proposal is to only offer $2,500, not $5,000.

rhover said:
wsbca said:
I know reports of sightings are probably passé now, but having received one of the first cars, it felt somehow significant when I had my first true in the wild sighting today on my (bike) commute. (We have 3 blue Leafs in our immediate neighborhood, and I know the other owners, so when I see a blue one near home it doesn't really seem to count, and a few other potential distant sightings I had in Jan/Feb I later concluded were probably Mazda 3's.) Anyway, today I definitely saw a white Leaf (green Mossy dealer graphic in the plate frame) near the Sorrento Valley Coaster station. Didn't get close enough to give them a thumbs up, but it gave me a feeling that finally things are really underway. I see probably 10-15 Priuses a day on my ride, and I've really been itching to start spotting Leafs.

Wow - 3 in your neighborhood, and all blue! which neighborhood is that? We have a lot of hybrids in our University City neighborhood (4 in our cul-de-sac!), but no other Leafs that I know of. We recently got a red Leaf, and my wife saw another red one near Children's Hospital (while she was driving ours). I have yet to see another one myself though - it would still be exciting for me to see another. Even a Volt would be interesting though I don't know if I would recognize it immediately.

My wife saw that red one at Children's Hospital again, then we saw a blue one with a Pacific Beach Nissan license (incongruously parked at the Mobil gas station at Genesee and Governor Dr), and then a third one - a white Leaf, license ending in 520 at the Renaissance Plaza on near UTC Mall. Wow - 3 so far today!

Anyone here belong to these?

Had a quick hello this morning about a mile from my house with a guy in a silver LEAF. He asked me if I was on Plugshare*, so I'm hoping he's a forum member. There wasn't time for more conversation. If you said, "Hi" to a guy in a blue LEAF on Carmel Mtn Rd. this morning, that was me!

*I'm not. I don't have any "i" devices. Besides, I haven't figured out how to explain to my wife that strangers might call and ask to use my Blink.

davewill said:
Had a quick hello this morning about a mile from my house with a guy in a silver LEAF. He asked me if I was on Plugshare*, so I'm hoping he's a forum member. There wasn't time for more conversation. If you said, "Hi" to a guy in a blue LEAF on Carmel Mtn Rd. this morning, that was me!

*I'm not. I don't have any "i" devices. Besides, I haven't figured out how to explain to my wife that strangers might call and ask to use my Blink.
I don't have any Apple devices either ... so how does one like me use PlugShare ?

rhover said:
rhover said:
wsbca said:
I know reports of sightings are probably passé now, but having received one of the first cars, it felt somehow significant when I had my first true in the wild sighting today on my (bike) commute. (We have 3 blue Leafs in our immediate neighborhood, and I know the other owners, so when I see a blue one near home it doesn't really seem to count, and a few other potential distant sightings I had in Jan/Feb I later concluded were probably Mazda 3's.) Anyway, today I definitely saw a white Leaf (green Mossy dealer graphic in the plate frame) near the Sorrento Valley Coaster station. Didn't get close enough to give them a thumbs up, but it gave me a feeling that finally things are really underway. I see probably 10-15 Priuses a day on my ride, and I've really been itching to start spotting Leafs.

Wow - 3 in your neighborhood, and all blue! which neighborhood is that? We have a lot of hybrids in our University City neighborhood (4 in our cul-de-sac!), but no other Leafs that I know of. We recently got a red Leaf, and my wife saw another red one near Children's Hospital (while she was driving ours). I have yet to see another one myself though - it would still be exciting for me to see another. Even a Volt would be interesting though I don't know if I would recognize it immediately.

My wife saw that red one at Children's Hospital again, then we saw a blue one with a Pacific Beach Nissan license (incongruously parked at the Mobil gas station at Genesee and Governor Dr), and then a third one - a white Leaf, license ending in 520 at the Renaissance Plaza on near UTC Mall. Wow - 3 so far today!

Red leaf near Children's could be me. I take my child to school near there every morning, but I haven't had the car at the hospital yet (hope I don't need to). We live in Oak Park. Have had our LEAF 3 weeks now but I haven't seen another in the wild yet. I've seen a Volt, but no LEAF's.

kevin672 said:
rhover said:

Red leaf near Children's could be me. I take my child to school near there every morning, but I haven't had the car at the hospital yet (hope I don't need to). We live in Oak Park. Have had our LEAF 3 weeks now but I haven't seen another in the wild yet. I've seen a Volt, but no LEAF's.

Sorry - my wife corrected me this evening, not at Children's Hospital. She said Scripps Hospital on Genesee by Route 5. Presumably one of the employees at the hospital.

My kids are seeing Leafs as well - my daughter saw a white one and a red one today. I'm still looking for a Volt!

Back