San Diego Leaf/EV Meet & Greet Sat, 3/8/14, Fashion Valley

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, after realizing the time it would take me to get all the way down there, I'm afraid it's just too early for me. I'd have to wake up at 4:30 am. After a week of work related travel (just got home tonight). :(

I would have done Buena Park Nissan, EV OASIS in SJC, and Carlsbad outlets. Leaving at 5:00 am I think I could have been there at 8 or likely much sooner if all were available and not ICED or otherwise down. The frustrating thing is all the great off the 5 freeway QC's are at dealers. The key ones: Tustin Nissan and Oceanside Nissan both require key fobs and would most likely not be open during the time I would need them in the morning.

JeremyW said:
Actually, after realizing the time it would take me to get all the way down there, I'm afraid it's just too early for me. I'd have to wake up at 4:30 am. After a week of work related travel (just got home tonight). :(

I would have done Buena Park Nissan, EV OASIS in SJC, and Carlsbad outlets. Leaving at 5:00 am I think I could have been there at 8 or likely much sooner if all were available and not ICED or otherwise down. The frustrating thing is all the great off the 5 freeway QC's are at dealers. The key ones: Tustin Nissan and Oceanside Nissan both require key fobs and would most likely not be open during the time I would need them in the morning.

Jeremy!!! I was so looking forward to seeing you down here....So what if you came but arrived a little bit later? Maybe 9 or so? Go for it!!! Life is short!!! LEAF it for all you can!!!

Wennfred said:
It was a nice turn out, nice meeting everyone, 8 Leafs, 3 Model S Tesla's and 2 Rav 4s

Was fun, hope to meet up again.
I thought there was at least 3 RAV4-EVs at one point?

Great catching up with a number of familiar faces and a lot of new faces, too.

Thank you Graffi for putting this together and thanks eVgo for providing free charging and snacks for the group!

JeremyW said:
Oceanside Nissan is a bit out of the way as you have to go inland 4 miles adding 8 miles to your trip. Not ideal unless you need to go up HWY 78 anyway.

If you stop at SJC, it's 36 miles to eVgo Carlsbad and another 10 miles to eVgo Del Mar and then another 17 miles to eVgo Fashion Valley. If making the trip in the future, I would suggest getting enough juice to get to Carlsbad from SJC and then on to Fashion Valley.

Here are a few pics (I apologize for the quality) taken near the end after some people had to leave, but I'm sure that many people stuck around long after 10am:

Thanks for the Photos drees. We were on our way (after 11:30am) when we realized that we had not taken any pics. I am glad you did.

A very BIG thank you to all that came. It was so nice seeing and meeting all of you.

Thank you EVgo for also attending, the free charging, and the food and juice. There were three representatives from EVgo with the last one, Heidi, staying until about 11:30. We loved having you all there.

On that note, EVgo will be having events in the near future for the grand opening of some of their new stations, so I suggest that we have gatherings at those events, and hope to have even more in attendance. As for me, as long as there is free food I will be there, lol. Seriously, I do hope to be able to attend these future events.

Until next time ....
Frank & Glorianne

Back