San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bodengraden, Etec budgets $1,200. for installation excluding the charger. If it would be more than that they would have notified you of any surcharge before you dashboard was changed to approved. Etec electricians, from all reports I have seen, have not been nickle or diming or taking advantage of people

bodengroden said:
Here is my question. My gas stove died and I'm thinking of replacing it with an induction (electric) model as I plan on transitioning to a solar based power system (eventually).
Stick with a gas stove. Any extra solar will be sold to the utility.

Go somewhere with an induction cook-top installed, and cook them a dinner.

Then, if you wish, one of the next days you could cook the same dinner here on my electric cooktop, for comparison (yum)!

Hi everyone, I live in La Jolla. I want to congratulate those who have ordered, and say thank you for joining me in making a difference in our culture. I reserved my LEAF SL in Brilliant Silver on May 16th, 2010, and I have yet to be able to order it. I have chosen Mossy Nissan as my dealership.

Since I rent my condo, I am working with ECOtality to have my charger installed at my work. If that doesn't happen, I am planning on using the 110v trickle charger as my primary charging method. My daily commute is only a 20 mile round-trip, so trickle charging will not be much of a problem.

I would really like to see some pictures of the optional accessories like the kick panel, mudflaps, and ECO package that come with the LEAF, and be able to make a decision about them based on the pictures.

Welcome to the forum.
Check out the next San Diego "Gathering", #2
on Saturday the 4th of Dec (tentative).

You probably have a January "Order Month" (one 15 May got Jan 2011) so by then a lot moee info will be available.

No "actual LEAF" accessory pictures yet, but short descriptions and some pictures of similar accessories (other Nissan models) in the "Accessories" thread are quite helpful.

llaumann said:
I would really like to see some pictures of the optional accessories like the kick panel, mudflaps, and ECO package that come with the LEAF, and be able to make a decision about them based on the pictures.

Wouldn't we all! Nissan has totally failed to post any pictures of the decorative accessories, so we're all ordering blindly.

Welcome to the forum!

I figured I'd post the following tip here, specifically and sneakily for my San Diego compatriots to get first dibs:

There's a guy on eBay, based out of Hong Kong, selling toy cars. I recently bought a 1/43-scale Cayenne Red Nissan Leaf model from him (hasn't arrived yet), and I sent him a message that he needs to put MORE of them on sale for the sake of the soon-to-be owners.

He has now done so - All five colors are available as of today:

http://goo.gl/cmNdE

Don't hesitate - The guy operates under several aliases on eBay, but is the ONLY source for these toys that I've seen!

Go San Diego!

GroundLoop said:
llaumann said:

Wouldn't we all! Nissan has totally failed to post any pictures of the decorative accessories, so we're all ordering blindly.

Welcome to the forum!

Pictures of the accessories are available on your nissan-leaf login page. If you log into your page, then just below the login button there is a document called digital brochure. It shows all the accessory pictures on page 34-35. There are lots of links this document, so it is very large to load or download, but lots of good information.

papatonyinsd said:
I figured I'd post the following tip here, specifically and sneakily for my San Diego compatriots to get first dibs:

There's a guy on eBay, based out of Hong Kong, selling toy cars. I recently bought a 1/43-scale Cayenne Red Nissan Leaf model from him (hasn't arrived yet), and I sent him a message that he needs to put MORE of them on sale for the sake of the soon-to-be owners.

He has now done so - All five colors are available as of today:

http://goo.gl/cmNdE

Don't hesitate - The guy operates under several aliases on eBay, but is the ONLY source for these toys that I've seen!

Go San Diego!

Mighty generous of you to take time out of your busy day to join the forum just to post this! Hopefully nobody will think you are simply "The guy" shilling for yourself, that would be unfortunate.

As to the awesome matchbox cars...thanks for the tip, but for $50 I think I'll take a continuing education class in whittling and then carve my own out of a bar of Dial blue soap, then shellac it.

No, I'm not "the guy", who speaks english very optimistically, based on his page on eBay. No, I'm the tall guy who has a full two inches of headroom in the Leaf, despite being five foot seventeen!

I also posted this a while ago, to share my excitement about our upcoming Cayenne Red NON-ECO SL:

http://lindseytribe.info/Tony/Tonys_Family_Photos/Electric_Car.html

Hello All,

I just wanted to post that my Ecotality sponsored charger required that I upgrade my 100 amp electrical box (I had a older style circuit braker that is outlawed now.) I actually had the required 50 amps of space but they just wont work on the style box that I had. They didn't actually tell me this until they sent the paperwork just before they were going to install the ESVE.

Anyway I now have a 200amp box with plenty of space and it only cost me ~$1000 for all the work (I only have 6 circuits. It was $350 for the parts) I have an electrician that works by the hour and I helped a bit to keep things moving along. So if anyone finds themselves in the same situation let me know and I can put you in touch with the guy that did the work.

bodengroden said:
Anyway I now have a 200amp box with plenty of space and it only cost me ~$1000 for all the work (I only have 6 circuits. It was $350 for the parts) I have an electrician that works by the hour and I helped a bit to keep things moving along. So if anyone finds themselves in the same situation let me know and I can put you in touch with the guy that did the work.
I suspect you had an above ground feed? Got any pics of your before/after install? Where in SD are you?

Have any of you San Diego Leafers hand carried your CA rebate documents to the Center for Sustainable Energy rather than mailing them? I'm wondering if delivering the application in person would be better because it is so close in the Kearny Mesa area.

Frank said:
Have any of you San Diego Leafers hand carried your CA rebate documents to the Center for Sustainable Energy rather than mailing them? I'm wondering if delivering the application in person would be better because it is so close in the Kearny Mesa area.

I did not know we could do that. Great idea. I drive by that exit everyday, plus its only few blocks from Mossy dealership.

Both Malcolm and I dropped off our paperwork at CCSE. I gave it to Kyle directly and Malcolm gave it to someone else the next day. It's easy to do, and they're very nice about it...I would definitely recommend it...

RedRandy

Randy said:
Both Malcolm and I dropped off our paperwork at CCSE. I gave it to Kyle directly and Malcolm gave it to someone else the next day. It's easy to do, and they're very nice about it...I would definitely recommend it...

RedRandy
Thanks Randy. Did you guys submit the application first and then later submit the supporting sales documents, or did you submit everything after picking up you Leaf?

You do the initial application online at their website on the day you purchase or lease your LEAF, and then Kyle sends out an email the next day that spells out all the additional materials you need to send in (or bring in).

You need to provide a copy of the sales contract (mine seemed 36" long(!), a copy of the DMV registration (Dealer provided a copy after the fact via email since I didn't want to unpeel the sticker / paper from the windshield), and a copy of your utility bill to prove residence.

Kyl said it all looked good, and it shouldn't be too long to receive the payment...

Back