Rural Life with the Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thankyouOB said:
i am waiting for Herm to post here. He lives in Mali.

Timbuktu is not rural, we have 50k people in the city, but electricity can be a problem.. it helps that there is nowhere to go outside the city walls :)

Welcome OldMike, if we can just get people to give 'em a try, we can convert drivers.

I'm a big fan of the extended test drive. That's what sealed the deal for me too!

Philip

It so great to see people like OldMike converting to Leaf. It really make a lot of financial sense to convert from truck that cost 22c/mile in fuel alone. Hopefully that will open a lot of market for Leaf. It is completely different in OK where a lot of people convert trucks to cng. With the prices as low as 80c/gge running Civic NG cost about 2c/mile that is equivalent to Leaf.

OldMike said:
So are there any other rural Leaf owners out there? It seems we are definitely in the minority as the Leaf seems to be marketed towards those who live in urban areas. I'm happy to report that even those of us who live 'out there' can easily live with a Leaf as a primary vehicle. Now if only they would install some charging stations up here...
Glacier Leaf spends most of her time in the city, but on weekends she has been known to hang out at the family cabin about 6 miles from Oakley Utah. The nights are cool and the star gazing is pretty amazing this far from the city. Some day we hope to make it a full time gig.
IMG_0083.jpg

Back