2015 Leaf SV transition to 2021 Bolt EV Premier

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belugadriver

So I LOVE my Leaf. She’s been loyal and comfortable for many years now, never has she left me stranded. My only concerns are the telematics no longer work and the range limitations. We recently moved to suburbia and went from driving 30 miles round-trip a day to 60 miles round-trip a day which unfortunately gives me range anxiety because of diminished battery capacity Chevrolet bolt EV‘s are coming off lease now and incentives are there to be able to get one for $13,000 US with a 250 mile range, rapid charging, and working telematics. NEW THEY WERE ALMOST 40k! What’s thoughts on trading versus selling and what’s the opinion of anyone transitioning from Leaf to Bolt? Anyone interested in buying a really clean 2015 SV with 92k in the Charlotte NC area?

$13k for a couple year old Bolt in good condition is an astounding buy. I paid $26k about 18 months ago for a new LT1. The car is an econobox, and due to the slow DC charging I and I think most people view it as a suburban or city car. No complaints at all in that context.

One word of caution: My bolt had its battery replaced as part of the pack fire recall. These days GM has stopped replacing all packs. I personally would not buy a Bolt that does not have a full pack replacement.

I was also a somewhat early EV adopter. My '13 and '16 LEAFs gave me good service. Last summer I decided it was time to upgrade to a substantially bigger battery pack. I visited Platt Auto in Milwaukie, Oregon to look at late model used EVs. I quickly narrowed the search to Bolt and LEAF Plus models. Resale prices are reasonable and used EV rebates have arrived, so I decided this was the time. I went with a very low mileage LEAF SL Plus. My LEAFs have treated me well so more of the same seemed reasonable. Nearly a year in, I am pleased with my choice. A couple of my friends have the Bolt and that seems to work for them. There are opportunities out there.

what year Leaf and range and price did you decided on?
thanks
I was also a somewhat early EV adopter. My '13 and '16 LEAFs gave me good service. Last summer I decided it was time to upgrade to a substantially bigger battery pack. I visited Platt Auto in Milwaukie, Oregon to look at late model used EVs. I quickly narrowed the search to Bolt and LEAF Plus models. Resale prices are reasonable and used EV rebates have arrived, so I decided this was the time. I went with a very low mileage LEAF SL Plus. My LEAFs have treated me well so more of the same seemed reasonable. Nearly a year in, I am pleased with my choice. A couple of my friends have the Bolt and that seems to work for them. There are opportunities out there.

what year Leaf and range and price did you decided on?
thanks
I ended up with a '19 SL Plus that had less than 600 miles on the odometer and literally was in like new condition. The range with the 62kwh pack is about 230 miles. After rebate, I paid about $20K for the vehicle minus just under $10K trade-in on my '16 LEAF.

Back