Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarkStar said:
Just had my first (not mine) LEAF sighting! I was going south on Stucki waiting at the light at Cornell (headed to Walker Road) and across the street headed north another silver LEAF pulled up to the light. I tapped my horn, waved, and the driver looked over, but kinda had a confused look on their face. I guess the car is a little too non-descript! :D

Still waiting to make my first Leaf sighting on the road. I think they're all on the west side of town. I live way over on the east side (by Clackamas Town Center).
:|

DarkStar said:
Just had my first (not mine) LEAF sighting! I was going south on Stucki waiting at the light at Cornell (headed to Walker Road) and across the street headed north another silver LEAF pulled up to the light. I tapped my horn, waved, and the driver looked over, but kinda had a confused look on their face. I guess the car is a little too non-descript! :D
Another Leaf driver didn't recognize a Leaf in the wild?? How will the Leaf species ever reproduce? The Leaf does look like many other hot little hatches but even I can recognize one and I don't even have mine yet.

greenwayleaf said:
healy100 said:
My delivery date was changed from week of May 6th to week of April 29th. Maybe our cars are coming on the same truck.

And it would not surprise me one bit if yours gets here before mine. I fear that If the cars are not currently at the port of Long Beach, or on the way to the dealer, it could be quite a bit longer wait.
If you got a VIN it is pretty safe to say your car is in the states. Probably still in Long Beach waiting for its AC fix or stuck in the middle of the Leaf dock parking lot down there. Cars have been trickling out of there as each one is repaired but it's a slow process.

healy100 said:
Another Leaf driver didn't recognize a Leaf in the wild?? How will the Leaf species ever reproduce? The Leaf does look like many other hot little hatches but even I can recognize one and I don't even have mine yet.
Hmm... I thought I was strange for thinking LEAFs were all girls, but last night I picked up my wife from craft night her girlfriends and one of them even said "that's a fine looking chick, just look at those curves!" :D

DarkStar said:
Hmm... I thought I was strange for thinking LEAFs were all girls, but last night I picked up my wife from craft night her girlfriends and one of them even said "that's a fine looking chick, just look at those curves!" :D
I thought cars were like ships and boats and considered female because they are fickle and hard to please. ;)

DarkStar said:
healy100 said:
I believe sex is determined by color. Black and red leafs are male, white and blue leafs female. Silver leaf's make up that 10% of the Leaf population.

Another sighting was yesterday evening around 7:15 PM at the Cedar Hills Crossing shopping center. Saw this gorgeous Silver leaf turning right, towards the New Seasons area. My Prius got jealous! ;)

greenwayleaf said:
Another sighting was yesterday evening around 7:15 PM at the Cedar Hills Crossing shopping center. Saw this gorgeous Silver leaf turning right, towards the New Seasons area. My Prius got jealous! ;)
That was me! Stopped by Powell's and Best Buy after grabbing some grub from Qdoba over by the city hall.

My estimated delivery date has gone from pending to month of May to week of April 29 back to week of May 6th then forward to week of April 29 again. Now today it's gone to week of May 2nd LOL

healy100 said:
My estimated delivery date has gone from pending to month of May to week of April 29 back to week of May 6th then forward to week of April 29 again. Now today it's gone to week of May 2nd LOL

It just keeps getting better, it now shows May 5 for me. Must have been my punishment for calling Leaf Hotline and asking to know what the hold-up was. Was told some accessories, such as floor mats, might be the reason. When inquired why not ship the mats to the dealer after the car's delivery, and then have the dealer install it, the guy brought up the Toyota floor mat-sitcking pedal issue. I knew it was time to cut the conversation short, and let him be at peace !

Yep, in the last month or so I've gone from April 7th to 14th, to 29th, and then this morning, to May 5th.

On the other hand, my dealer emailed me and said he thought, but no promises, that I'd see it early next week. We shall see, I guess. More time to prepare I guess? I am trying so hard to be patient, but argh.

Lynza said:
Yep, in the last month or so I've gone from April 7th to 14th, to 29th, and then this morning, to May 5th.

On the other hand, my dealer emailed me and said he thought, but no promises, that I'd see it early next week. We shall see, I guess. More time to prepare I guess? I am trying so hard to be patient, but argh.
Are you using Royal Moore Nissan in Hillsboro? Happy with their service?

Well it wasn't me. However we also had our first wild leaf sighting. It was a red Leaf at Sweet Tomatoes on Sunday evening.

DarkStar said:

Does anybody know who to contact to see if a particular Shorepower facility is working? My wife tried to use the one at the PGE Contact Center in Tualatin. It was nonfunctional. She made it home before turtle mode, but we only had 7 miles left.

perpetualstudent said:
Does anybody know who to contact to see if a particular Shorepower facility is working? My wife tried to use the one at the PGE Contact Center in Tualatin. It was nonfunctional. She made it home before turtle mode, but we only had 7 miles left.
Tualatin has been down for two days now. Shorepower's phone number is on the back of every machine, but here's their info:

Shorepower Technologies
http://shorepower.com/
1-888-841-3137

After business hours (about 9am to 5pm) be sure to let the answering service know you're calling regarding a "car charging station." Otherwise they'll think you're calling about the truck stop electrification that they've done.

Regarding Tualatin, I reported it Thursday morning (I'm there pretty much every day from 7:30am-8am) and got a call back about 5 minutes later from Travis Travelstead at Shorepower letting me know they would check it out. This morning I stopped by again and it was still down, but I figured they were still working on it.

One thing to keep in mind is that PGE owns and operates that station, Shorepower is just fielding the customer support calls for the most part right now, but they want to be called whenever there is an issue so they can research the problems and get them resolved. They're really friendly too! :D

DarkStar said:
Chris, That was my wife headed to work. She said she saw you, and that you were driving a LEAF just like ours, but couldn't understand what you were honking and waving for. Later, Curt

sasakawa said:
DarkStar said:
Chris, That was my wife headed to work. She said she saw you, and that you were driving a LEAF just like ours, but couldn't understand what you were honking and waving for. Later, Curt
I guess I'm just too friendly by default! :lol:

Thanks for joining the forum and I'm sure we'll see a lot more LEAFs going forward in Portland! :D

DarkStar said:
sasakawa said:
DarkStar said:
I guess I'm just too friendly by default! :lol:

Thanks for joining the forum and I'm sure we'll see a lot more LEAFs going forward in Portland! :D
Feel free to honk and wave if you ever see me in my Leaf around town. I promise I wont get confused and I'll even wave and honk back. lol

Lynza said:

Received my 'expect your Leaf in 7 days' email on April 12 (with dashboard showing week of April 8). Two days later, I receive an update indicating week of May 6. Hopefully, mine will be with yours on the truck next week.

However, my dart board today indicates April 28. It's just about as consistent as Nissan's scheduling.

Back