Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
healy100 said:
mpr said:
It seems like wait times continue to be all over the place. I reserved 4/28/10 and could only order 12/10 and got moved from April to May to July 2011 for "order status". Yet I have a shiny new Blink charger as of today sitting in my garage! Wish I had something to charge with it . . . .;(
. I understood that Ecotality only installed the blink after being notified by Nissan that a customers LEAF was ready to be delivered.

Actually, they do the install if you call them and let them know about the imminent delivery. That's what I did mid-March when I thought my delivery was within a week or two. The charger has been installed for more than a month, deactivated (by Blink) and waiting to be activated when ( more like if) I get the Leaf!

greenwayleaf said:
...The charger has been installed for more than a month, deactivated (by Blink) and waiting to be activated when ( more like if) I get the Leaf!
How can you tell if your Blink has been deactivated? Mine displays the following in its log:

Apr 23 02:07:30 evse2 user.err updatesession: [EVSE] 11 Not authorized.

It didn't display this message in the first few weeks but instead a series of firmware update requests.

HIOJim said:
greenwayleaf said:
...The charger has been installed for more than a month, deactivated (by Blink) and waiting to be activated when ( more like if) I get the Leaf!
How can you tell if your Blink has been deactivated? Mine displays the following in its log:

Apr 23 02:07:30 evse2 user.err updatesession: [EVSE] 11 Not authorized.

It didn't display this message in the first few weeks but instead a series of firmware update requests.
I asked them about that, it will always state "Not authorized." Blink receives the delivery date from Nissan and will schedule the install based on that information.

You should try logging into BlinkNetwork.com and go to the dashboard and see if a Blink unit has been assigned to you. There are some fields on the left of the screen indicating delivery status too.

DarkStar said:
You should try logging into BlinkNetwork.com and go to the dashboard and see if a Blink unit has been assigned to you. There are some fields on the left of the screen indicating delivery status too.
After calling Blink CS to get a working password, I finally got on the BlinkNetwork site. Alas, there was no usable info on my DB, just:

Your charger is = Normal
LastCurrent Charge kwh = 0.0

Hopefully the EVSE will work once I get a car. I might try a 'hard reboot' just for laughs. :D

HIOJim said:
DarkStar said:
After calling Blink CS to get a working password, I finally got on the BlinkNetwork site. Alas, there was no usable info on my DB, just:

Your charger is = Normal
LastCurrent Charge kwh = 0.0

Hopefully the EVSE will work once I get a car. I might try a 'hard reboot' just for laughs. :D
Try clicking on "My Chargers" and see if there is one that has an option for "Manage." If you're lucky and can get into this screen, on the left side there is a "Delivery Date." This isn't for the Blink, it's for something much larger. ;)

DarkStar said:
Try clicking on "My Chargers" and see if there is one that has an option for "Manage." If you're lucky and can get into this screen, on the left side there is a "Delivery Date." This isn't for the Blink, it's for something much larger. ;)
What have you done! Do you realize you've found yet another independent date for us to argue about? Worse, mine says 4/24 which matches the "5 days" CS told me, and doesn't match my dashboard. Of course, I don't really expect it to show up on Easter, but...

DarkStar said:
Great info, DarkStar! When I did as you suggested I saw:

Normal

Update Version: L2R.1.5A
Manufacture Date: Feb 07, 2011
Build Date: Feb 10, 2011
Deploy Date: ---
Delivery Date: May 05, 2011
Install Date: ---

The Delivery Date is within one day of my 'Week of' info on the Nissan DB. Dare I hope? :?

Any idea what the difference is between the manufacture date and build date?

[New to this group. Thanks for the tip.]

HIOJim said:
DarkStar said:
Great info, DarkStar! When I did as you suggested I saw:

Normal

Update Version: L2R.1.5A
Manufacture Date: Feb 07, 2011

The Delivery Date is within one day of my 'Week of' info on the Nissan DB. Dare I hope? :?
There's always hope.
My 'Manage' screen says April 7, 2011 which is prior to the 7-day email of April 12 which is prior to any delivery of the Leaf which is ...

I also just checked. I think these dates are for the charger not the car.
I think Deploy means when it gets mailed to the installer, delivery is
when the installer confirms they got it, followed by installation.
These dates seem to have been entered long ago and not updated.
My charger was installed over a month ago.

Update Version: L2R.1.4A
Manufacture Date: Feb 05, 2011

Ack! I was "natural gassed" last night in Hillsboro!

My wife and I decided to go to the OMSI Science Pub at the Venetian Theatre and found this at the charging stations in the Hillsboro Civic Center parking area:

5658594210_2d7881b183.jpg
5658591746_6314b6df0d.jpg

Not just one charging station blocked by a natural gas vehicle, but both of them! You can tell in the second image that I was able to stretch the charging cable over to Mikiko, but that wouldn't have been a good idea if I thought they may move the car while I was away.

I wrote the city a little email letting them know of this issue and hopefully it can get corrected going forward!

jfsquires said:
Wilsonville Nissan will sell a set of 4 Leaf all-weather floor mats for $89. Ask for Jason.

The part number is 999E4-8X000.

Are they implying the proper floor mat installation at the port is not one of the reasons for the delivery hold ups, as suggested by Nissan CS? I am shocked! ;)

greenwayleaf said:
jfsquires said:
Wilsonville Nissan will sell a set of 4 Leaf all-weather floor mats for $89. Ask for Jason.

Are they implying the proper floor mat installation at the port is not one of the reasons for the delivery hold ups, as suggested by Nissan CS? I am shocked! ;)
Floor mats are installed at the dealership.

jfsquires said:

I would be happy if they just sold a LEAF to me. May 2nd is my delivery date and still no word from wilsonville Nissan or Nissan. lol I do need some Nissan LEAF floor mats though. Is that a good price?

healy100 said:
jfsquires said:

I would be happy if they just sold a LEAF to me. May 2nd is my delivery date and still no word from wilsonville Nissan or Nissan. lol I do need some Nissan LEAF floor mats though. Is that a good price?
I saw an online site with a price $10 cheaper, but no mention of what shipping costs were. So I think it's not a bad price.

HIOJim said:
healy100 said:
jfsquires said:

I saw an online site with a price $10 cheaper, but no mention of what shipping costs were. So I think it's not a bad price.
Thanks Jim. Sounds like a fair price. I may go buy them if still there.

Back