Nissan "Thank you for joining ...." Mailer (9/24/10)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the same address, since Nissan said only one Reservation per address, and "that person" wanted to play by the rules (and test them).

So, the "summer home" address (in the SD EVProject area) was used as part of an experiment. It was offered particpation, but since "that person" did not intend to do much driving in the SD area, it did not seem fair to participate. Becides, the SDG&E "experimental" rate structure is a real gamble.

It was also a "General-Public Reservation" (made 15 May), and "that person" wanted to see how it, being in an EVProject area, would be scheduled. It got January.

Now, it might be cancelled, or become a useful order, or a much-desired "orphan" for some kind dealer.

Just got my second mailer from Nissan ... identical to the first :cool:

Anyone else got two? ;)

Edit: NVM ... I see some others did too, so I guess I'm not as special as I thought:

garygid said:
JPVLeaf said:
OP updated that mailer appears to have been sent to anyone that reserved (w/ $99), whether or not they've ordered. At least one member said he received two in the mail.
That person had two Reservations, one Ordered, and one not.
So, each of these two Reservations got one mailer.

Even in lowly Boston "Fall/winter 2011" order time, I received the package on Friday.

BTW, thanks to Fontana Nissan, who sent out an email a while ago offering "Leaf Mousepads", they sent me 2 :)

I want a "Leaf Mousepads". I've got a fairly interesting collection of them. This would be a nice one to have.

Iggy said:
I want a "Leaf Mousepads". I've got a fairly interesting collection of them. This would be a nice one to have.

Set "Fontana Nissan" to be your dealer, and email them, they will send you a mousepad, if they still have some. They sent me one, and I can't even buy a car from them (being 3,000 miles away)

I just received a second one a few days ago too. I suppose they decided we needed an extra set after having actually ordered my car. All well, they'll probably be a collectors item to sell on eBay one day.

has anyone been able to use these ?
Mine won't stick to anything, and in particular they won't stick to my wife's car. I've tried on the bumper, trunk, the back window ... they just don't attach to anything.
I'm sure that it must be something completely stupid that I'm doing wrong ... but at the same time, it feels as if the base would stick better than the stickers themselves ;)

gudy said:
Mine won't stick to anything, and in particular they won't stick to my wife's car. I've tried on the bumper, trunk, the back window ... they just don't attach to anything.
I'm sure that it must be something completely stupid that I'm doing wrong ... but at the same time, it feels as if the base would stick better than the stickers themselves ;)

They work like clings rather than stickers. Wet them, apply to inside of car window, smooth out with fingers. I put the "for sale" one up like this in my existing car. Still is up after couple of weeks. :D

gudy said:

Here ya go:

richard said:
Hearing people talking about "sticking" these on..and losing them.. These aren't stickers (at least mine weren't). They're "electrostatic clings". I used a similar technique to mount these as I've used for mounting window tinting.

Clean the location on the car where you want to apply the decal (car wash + Simple Green or some other degreaser for paint, or an ammonia-free auto glass cleaner if you want to mount to a window)

Spray the back of the sticker and the location on the car liberally with a dilute solution of hand dishwashing soap and water.

Squeegee the decal from the inside out until all the water is gone from behind

That's it.

I made the mistake of putting my window cling on the outside of my window. First time I did that.. it fell off within 500 feet of my house. The second time I tried to really clean the window good, and also wet the cling to help it stick better. I got rid of the air bubbles and it felt like it was really clinging. I think it lasted 1 or 2 days.. and fell off somewhere on my way to work. :(

I guess I will put it on the inside of the window. Only problem is that I have tinted windows, so it will be hard to see it. They are pretty cool.. I just wish they would adhere better to the window.

Just wanted to let people know that they probably won't stay on the outside of your window for very long. :(

-Peter

FYI, received another exact same mailer today as three months ago with fold-out insert and four window clings.
Maybe they are clearing out their stock?

Hmmm. Maybe we will be getting more mailer/t-shirt/trinket thingies each week until we get our LEAFs?! :p

JPVLeaf said:
FYI, received another exact same mailer today as three months ago with fold-out insert and four window clings.

They probably meant to send you a replacement T-Shirt, and the crack web-aces at Critical Mass made a little oops.

Yep, I got the same new set of 4 today too; brought it to my EAA meeting and we may be mounting this on some of the demo EVs at the Washington [D.C.] Auto Show in January. I will try to volunteer some time at the booth and will let folks know my hours if anyone want's to say hi!

Also shows that it's not limited to Orders, or initial Roll-Outs folks: I'm in the Eye-Poked 8! :)

Also, I won one of the Twitter Contests (Redwood City, of course!) and they sent me some swag just before Christmas; but just generic dealership stuff, nothing LEAF-specific, darn it! :cry:

GroundLoop said:
JPVLeaf said:
They probably meant to send you a replacement T-Shirt, and the crack web-aces at Critical Mass made a little oops.
Yup. If the replacement t-shirt arrives next week, my Weekly-Nissan-mailer-shirt-and-or-other-thingy Theory may have some legs after all! :cool:

Back