Nissan "Thank you for joining ...." Mailer (9/24/10)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone notice that the order process on the mailer was different?

It was..

1. Reserve
2. ORDER
3. Home Assesment

I guess we were the guinea pigs on that one... I always thought the ordering order was strange... but I guess it's good to make sure people have chargers in their house if they're going to use the car.

If the conversion rate of Reservations to Orders is only 50%, then the "contractors" are wasting half their time on "fruitless" assessments. Hopefully Nissan has actually changed the Assessment/Order to Order/Assessment, but it might just be an accidental sequencing in the mail-out.

Apparetly Nissan did not expect the "low" conversion rate.

They might also be surprised how many Orders are cancelled, or orphaned.

Maybe folks will end up getting their LEAFs earlier than anticipated.

evnow said:
Looks like Nissan sent this in real snail mail. It will take a couple of months to get here :x

snailmail.jpg

It would seem that mine is in this pouch. :cry:

Wow, that was a surprise! Get back from Beijing, China but didn't have a chance to stop by the post office until today and in that huge stack of missives, what a shock! No idea when it first arrived, but must have been while I was in China and my current car was stuck at the dealer where the insurance hadn't even authorized them to start work. I wonder if there's an all-electric Insurance Company I can switch too. Then I could get a sticker about how my old insurance is getting the old heave-hoe as I go zero-lethargisms!

mwalsh said:
Ooh....cling film and not stickers! You guys never told me that!
D'oh. See OP edit. ;b
Careful when removing cling near certain inside corners so as not to tear/rip. Material is relatively thin. :roll:

Has anyone tried to put one of these on your car yet? I want to put one on my front bumper -- the front view, my favorite and as I park in reverse it'd be the most shown but my bumper is too narrow. Can't use windscreen, the commonwealth has pretty strict rules about that. But the trunk for the tailpipe one will work, as well as maybe the gas one next to the fuel port. Just wonder if it will stay on at highway speeds and in rain or snow. I'd not want to loose my electrostaticies.

I have not received mine either. I was gone for 12 days had a pretty good stack of mail to go through. I'm all went through it twice Found nothing Was about to call the inlaws and accuse them of mail theft.

But maybe I will hold off a few days

Yesterday I put the "For Sale" sticker on my 2001 Dodge RAM van-conversion, ... and today it is gone. :(

Apparently somebody needed it more than I did. :roll:

I should have tried to put the "sticker" on the inside of the window.

Did you get a Nissan LEAF in the mail

http://iggyz.com/?p=12497

Photos article in regards to the package I received.

garygid said:
Yesterday I put the "For Sale" sticker on my 2001 Dodge RAM van-conversion, ... and today it is gone.

Are you sure it didn't just blow off? Seems to me I'd have trouble getting those electrostickies to stay on the vehicle never mind at speed. But I'd rather that than impossible to remove stickers.

Got my mailer yesterday, though it may have been buried in Monday's mail stack as well. As it is as close as i will get to owning a Leaf until over 12 months from now...I am displaying it as a totem in my TV room. Sort of like putting a corn stalk bundle out praying for the Return of the Corn God and a good harvest.... :)

smkettner said:
garygid said:
If the conversion rate of Reservations to Orders is only 50%, then the "contractors" are wasting half their time on "fruitless" assessments.
Fruitless? I could use that $100 to get something worth while.

I think he meant that since not all reservations are converting to orders (very normal), all parties involved are wasting time and money by not focusing on people that actually order. After AVs "cut" of the $99 assessment fee and the hours the contractor must spend drawing up the Assesment Submittal for Nissan's review... these contractors are loosing money. Nissan and AV/Eco seem to have figured this out pretty quick and are streamlining the process. This is very smart because Leafs could be landing in as little as 65 day!!!

Back