Leafs Over Texas!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AndyH said:
sbgarcia said:
OK, I just got done reading the last 26 pages and I have a question. What do you all think is a fair price for the Nissan Leaf?
That's a relative question. Your answer as a dealer/sales rep may be different than an answer from a potential customer. ;)

What do YOU think is a fair price for a Leaf?

(Dealer stand point) I think that $1,300 over cost is a fair price when you take everything into consideration.
(As a customer)When I buy vehicles(new) I usually am willing to pay $500 over invoice, and for used it really depends on the vehicle.
Exactly. ;)

We know the prices here, including the holdback:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1022

When no San Antonio dealership would drop below MSRP, I searched until I found one that would - and that's why I ordered from Grapevine.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=39203#p39203

Is Worldcar willing to sell under MSRP yet?
[/quote]

I am working on that, if I had more than one person willing to buy from us I'm sure I could get a better deal. The reason that everyone is kind of stuck at MSRP is because we are only getting a couple of people asking for them and we have to cover the price of these chargers that we are installing some how. If you have any input I am here to help. I would like to see us come to some sort of agreement, 10 people at $800 off makes more sense to me than one person at MSRP.(example)

sbgarcia said:
I am working on that, if I had more than one person willing to buy from us I'm sure I could get a better deal. The reason that everyone is kind of stuck at MSRP is because we are only getting a couple of people asking for them and we have to cover the price of these chargers that we are installing some how. If you have any input I am here to help. I would like to see us come to some sort of agreement, 10 people at $800 off makes more sense to me than one person at MSRP.(example)
Sorry, Steve - from a business perspective, a significant portion of those chargers will be covered by the government in tax credits. Another portion are covered by business depreciation - and if allowed for accelerated depreciation you can probably write off the entire cost this year. If there's anything left to pay for, it'll come from the total dealership's sales, not just from Leaf sales. Sorry Amigo - that dog don't hunt. ;)

Additionally, since these early orders are not traditional 'dealer inventory' with all the usual dealer expenses, any money you make - including the holdback from Nissan, is pure profit.

I'd think a dealer should be falling over themselves to attract Leaf pre-orders rather than trying to push them away. ;)

AndyH said:
sbgarcia said:
Sorry, Steve - from a business perspective, a significant portion of those chargers will be covered by the government in tax credits. Another portion are covered by business depreciation - and if allowed for accelerated depreciation you can probably write off the entire cost this year. If there's anything left to pay for, it'll come from the total dealership's sales, not just from Leaf sales. Sorry Amigo - that dog don't hunt. ;)

Additionally, since these early orders are not traditional 'dealer inventory' with all the usual dealer expenses, any money you make - including the holdback from Nissan, is pure profit.

I'd think a dealer should be falling over themselves to attract Leaf pre-orders rather than trying to push them away. ;)

So what do you think we should be selling them for?

I agree that we should be giving some sort of discount, I just need some sort of commitment/idea that I can go to my owner and say "Look I know you wanted to sell them at MSRP but if we offer them at this price I have this many customers lined up"

I don't get paid off sales but it would look good down the road that I was responsible for making us the number one LEAF dealer in San Antonio :D

So it really doesn't matter to me what they sale for, just as long as they are sold. :mrgreen:

Well, see if it works for you.

Out West, we see/saw these discounts: (approximate information)
MSRP (no discount) many places (few sales)
$500 for a while (discontinued, I think)
$1000 in a fair number of major places (selling many)
$1100 to $1300 a very few places
$1550 (at or near invoice) a couple places
$1700 (%5 discount) two places, I think

Other occasional perks:
open, informed, helpful, honest sales
invoice on accessories
free delivery from dealer to residence
Offer to pick up the customer for his delivery
EVSE charging available (some 24/7)
Offer truely competent, honest service
Free lifetime oil/fluid changes

How would this sound?

$800 off MSRP
free delivery from dealer to residence (within 75 miles)
open, informed, helpful, honest sales ;)
EVSE charging available (Our dealership is gated :cry: )

One can generally drive the LEAF home within 75 miles, try 200.

Locked up EVSEs? Well how about placing at least a few of them so they can be accessed from OUTSIDE your fence?

Honest, etc, is good, but that is something that you must demonstrate, not just "say".

If $800 does enough, then good. If it is not "enough" to bring in the volume (market share) you want ... then, you figure it out.

How are you going to get the word out to potential LEAF buyers within 200 (to 500 or so) miles.

What is your dealership doing to attract RAQs?

garygid said:
One can generally drive the LEAF home within 75 miles, try 200.

Locked up EVSEs? Well how about placing at least a few of them so they can be accessed from OUTSIDE your fence?

Honest, etc, is good, but that is something that you must demonstrate, not just "say".

If $800 does enough, then good. If it is not "enough" to bring in the volume (market share) you want ... then, you figure it out.

How are you going to get the word out to potential LEAF buyers within 200 (to 500 or so) miles.

What is your dealership doing to attract RAQs?

The problem with over 75 miles is we don't have anyone to transport the cars to anyone over 75 miles. Outside our fence would be on the street, the owner never planned on anyone having to come onto the lot after hours. However, our lot is normally open from 6am to 9pm.

Here are some of the things that we do for our current Nissan owners.
Anyone that buys a Nissan from us gets a Lifetime power train warranty at no cost. This includes roadside assistance and towing(Good anywhere in the United States). If you don't know a lot about Nissan they don't have roadside assistance and towing.

We have a goodwill policy at our store for customers who buy from us. If a customer needs a part that is under $20 it is free(covers a lot of the interior trim parts that normally break/wear).

Each month we give all of our customers that buy a car from us a free service. Here are the ones that we have done so far:
Oil change(most popular)
A/C service
Transmission service
Coolant service
Replaced brake pads for free w/ brake service
Replaced rear struts or shocks for free with the service of the front ones( can't remember if it was the struts or shocks)
Free Summer Service
Free Winter Service
If your car has a problem we check it for free
We have free loaner cars (34)
We have a shuttle service here at the dealership if a loaner car isn't available

I know a lot of this doesn't apply to LEAF customers but we are currently trying to come up with additional services to add for our LEAF customers. If your in San Antonio or the surrounding areas i'm here to listen.

Right, a good list of advantages, but it does maki it LOOK LIKE you have not yet thought much about LEAFs.

Are your EVSEs installed and working?

Do you know how to "tow" a LEAF?

Do you have flatbed trucks to provide "Roadside" Service?

If you can deliver at 75 miles, why not at 78, or 80 miles?

Are your Service people LEAF-Trained yet?

How much do you charge for a LEAF Battery Pack "Health Report"?

Have you ever seen a LEAF?

But, it does look like you do want some LEAF sales.
Keep at it.

Are there any "customers" listed on your Dealer Dashboard?

When you reply to an RAQ, will you include the $820 "destination charge"?

Will Nissan let you contact any people with "Reservations"?

Do you speak for the dealership?

Are you the LEAF-trained sales person?

Why is there no name, contact info, dealer, etc. in your signature?

Who are you?

Good efforts, keep going.

garygid said:
Right, a good list of advantages, but it does maki it LOOK LIKE you have not yet thought much about LEAFs.

Are your EVSEs installed and working?
We have 1 installed and we will be installing a couple more

Do you know how to "tow" a LEAF?
Yes I do :D

Do you have flatbed trucks to provide "Roadside" Service?
Our company has teamed up with a warranty company to be able to provide roadside assistance anywhere in the United States

If you can deliver at 75 miles, why not at 78, or 80 miles?
If we will deliver 75 miles we will deliver 80 miles

Are your Service people LEAF-Trained yet?
Yes

How much do you charge for a LEAF Battery Pack "Health Report"?
We will not be charging for LEAF Battery Pack "Health Reports"

Have you ever seen a LEAF?
I have seen and driven one :D

But, it does look like you do want some LEAF sales.
Keep at it.

Are there any "customers" listed on your Dealer Dashboard?
I have 2 that have not responded to emails or phone calls??

When you reply to an RAQ, will you include the $820 "destination charge"?
Yes

Will Nissan let you contact any people with "Reservations"?
If they are in our dealer dashboards, or if a customer requests to be contacted

Do you speak for the dealership?
Yes

Are you the LEAF-trained sales person?
For right now I am

Why is there no name, contact info, dealer, etc. in your signature?
Fixed it :D

Who are you?
See signature

Good efforts, keep going.

Steven,
Looks like good progress. Now, get the word out better?
You might want to start your own "$800 off for members at San Antonio World Car Nissan" thread.
I hope you will attract some significant business.

Way earlier in this thread I believe AndyH described his experiences in contacting local San Antonio dealers. You might want to read his posts in this thread, because he ended up ... sufficiently frustrated locally, I believe, to look elsewhere.

Steven,
The Quick Quote on your web site's 2011 LEAF web-page complains about phone number formatting.

ANYTHING that you expect customers to use, YOU should try out to see if it works.

There is really nothing there other than "give us your email and phone" ... apparently so we can pester you.

The Locked-In Quote does not appear to work properly, at least when using "LEAF" and "SL" as entries.

So, for LEAF customers, there seems to be very little to attract "RAQs" to choose you as their PD.

garygid said:
Steven,
Looks like good progress. Now, get the word out better?
You might want to start your own "$800 off for members at San Antonio World Car Nissan" thread.
I hope you will attract some significant business.

Way earlier in this thread I believe AndyH described his experiences in contacting local San Antonio dealers. You might want to read his posts in this thread, because he ended up ... sufficiently frustrated locally, I believe, to look elsewhere.

Yeah I read that, thank you for your help.

garygid said:
Steven,
The Quick Quote on your web site's 2011 LEAF web-page complains about phone number formatting.

ANYTHING that you expect customers to use, YOU should try out to see if it works.

There is really nothing there other than "give us your email and phone" ... apparently so we can pester you.

The Locked-In Quote does not appear to work properly, at least when using "LEAF" and "SL" as entries.

So, for LEAF customers, there seems to be very little to attract "RAQs" to choose you as their PD.

I tried looking for what you are talking about and I couldn't find it. Can you give me the url that you went to?

Steven,
See, if even you have trouble using (finding things on) your own web site, how easy is it for potential customers.

With this browser, I do not have cut-and-paste, so sorry, no URL.

New Vehicles shows thumbnails of cars, with LEAF at the bottom.

garygid said:
Steven,
See, if even you have trouble using (finding things on) your own web site, how easy is it for potential customers.

With this browser, I do not have cut-and-paste, so sorry, no URL.

New Vehicles shows thumbnails of cars, with LEAF at the bottom.

I know what you mean. We are in the process of switching providers, so hopefully this fixes that problem.

Back