Leafs Over Texas!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm debating. It's quite a bit more expensive than AV but I kind of liked the fact they had a plug-in one as it would be easier to move with. With the tax credit, it might not factor to that big of a difference and the Blink seems to have more "features."

dash said:
I'm debating. It's quite a bit more expensive than AV but I kind of liked the fact they had a plug-in one as it would be easier to move with. With the tax credit, it might not factor to that big of a difference and the Blink seems to have more "features."

Hi, I'm in San Antonio.

@Dash
What do you mean by plug in? Can you plug the Blink unit into a 240 outlet?

@sbgarcia
What do you mean a deal between Blink and CPS? Also, what was the verdict on the $800 off? I currently have a quote from Gunn, but they don't seem to be too sure about the process. I was being quoted 630+ for the lease on the SL.

I think I spotted bluemoose's Leaf in the wild today (Friday 3/4/11), at a downtown Houston parking garage.
Leaf_in_the_wild_sm.jpg

Definitely not where it was parked and none to my knowledge. But it had temporary tags from Clear Lake Nissan.

jhm614 said:
philaphonic said:
I think I spotted bluemoose's Leaf in the wild today (Friday 3/4/11), at a downtown Houston parking garage.

Did the garage having charging spots?

philaphonic said:
Definitely not where it was parked and none to my knowledge. But it had temporary tags from Clear Lake Nissan.

jhm614 said:
philaphonic said:

Did the garage having charging spots?

hahaha! You got me! Good job spotting it in the deck. I'm guessing you work downtown? Let me know if you want to go to lunch sometime and talk EVs.

There are no plans to have EVSEs in that garage yet and I have asked for use of a 120V but have had a hard time getting responses from the management company. However, my company also has contracts with the Pavilions garage and there are currently 9 spots reserved for EVs and I've been told the EVSE installs are coming soon. Also coming very soon is the first public DC charging station from eVgo. I'll post the details as soon as the location is confirmed.

Just went over 2300 miles and the LEAF just keeps getting better. I came in 2nd in the world for Distance Traveled in Feb (out of about 160). I guess I'm proud but at this rate I'm going to blow my lease limit! I hope all you guys can continue to hang in there because it is so worth the wait. Especially as I read all the reports about competitors (Chevy, Toyota, Smart, BMW, etc), it's becoming apparent how significantly Nissan has out flanked them all. It will be interesting to see how the Focus stacks up when it gets here this summer.

I hopefully will have some fun news to share later this week about an "extended" trip in the LEAF if I can get all the logistics worked out. Stay tuned...

bluemoose said:
hahaha! You got me! Good job spotting it in the deck. I'm guessing you work downtown? Let me know if you want to go to lunch sometime and talk EVs.

There are no plans to have EVSEs in that garage yet and I have asked for use of a 120V but have had a hard time getting responses from the management company. However, my company also has contracts with the Pavilions garage and there are currently 9 spots reserved for EVs and I've been told the EVSE installs are coming soon. Also coming very soon is the first public DC charging station from eVgo. I'll post the details as soon as the location is confirmed.

Yes, I work downtown, and my company has several reserved spaces in that garage. If you see a blue '02 Prius on the ground floor, it's probably mine. My Leaf is scheduled to arrive in May. Lunch sounds good, but I must warn you I'm vegan...

Of course, you need a 240v socket that matches the plug on the Blink's very short "pigtail", and a way to support or mount the EVSE's "box". Short adapter 240v cords might also be useful.

EdmondLeaf said:
Looks like delivery in CA really gained speed now. Still just one Leaf in TX? Any very close delivery dates here?

I show two on our dealer dashboard scheduled for the end of March, DFW area. Our Nissan regional electric vehicle operations manager said yesterday that they WILL be here.

EdmondLeaf said:
Looks like delivery in CA really gained speed now. Still just one Leaf in TX? Any very close delivery dates here?

See the spreadsheet

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1949

You'll see a few scheduled in the next two-three weeks.

jwhitehouse said:
EdmondLeaf said:

I show two on our dealer dashboard scheduled for the end of March, DFW area. Our Nissan regional electric vehicle operations manager said yesterday that they WILL be here.

:D That's good to hear!

Total 11 TX registered and none delivered yet as of today on Nissan delivery spreadsheet so apparently not all people registered, therefore my question. If I am correct bluemoose said that they contacted 5 or more people before first TX delivery and only 2 on Nissan delivery spreadsheet from Houston. Looks like spreadsheet only account for 1/3.

EdmondLeaf said:
Total 11 TX registered and none delivered yet as of today on Nissan delivery spreadsheet so apparently not all people registered, therefore my question. If I am correct bluemoose said that they contacted 5 or more people before first TX delivery and only 2 on Nissan delivery spreadsheet from Houston. Looks like spreadsheet only account for 1/3.

I think that short list of 5 people was probably Texas-wide not just Houston, but I could be wrong. Either way your point is accurate. At the end of January I read an article from a Japanese newspaper that said factory production was ramping up to 2000 units/month, so that tells me there's a whole bucket full of LEAFs (LEAVES?) getting ready to be dumped on the U.S. The number of owners on CARWINGS have more than doubled in the last few weeks (mostly Japanese). To quote the Bud Light commercials, "Here we go!"

If anyone is interested and in the area, tonight I will be taking the LEAF to the March meeting of the Houston Electric Auto Association (HEAA - http://heaa.org/mtgagenda.html). Sounds like some interesting topics will be discussed.

Just checking in from Amarillo.....

My delivery date ... for now... is week of April 4.

We don't have any EVSE incentives to work off up here, and the AV quote was a joke. My install is next to my circuit breaker box and they asked for $2200. So I bought a Blink directly from ECOtality. The charging station arrived today, and the install by a local electrician will be next week.

I didn't expect Amarillo to be included in the initial deliveries, so I was thrilled that I was only 2 weeks behind Houston & Arlington on the arrival date.

It looks like launch here will have zero public charging options, except for the Nissan dealer whose new location will be about 1/2 mile from my house....(i.e. does me no good.)

We'll send you all some photos of a Leaf at Cadillac Ranch, Palo Duro Canyon, and maybe the Route 66 Midpoint Cafe in Adrian if I chance the 88 mile round trip....

William

Back