Leafs Over Texas!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smart Meters?

Does anyone else have one of the Oncor "Smart Texas" meters? I just realized that I can log into www.SmartMeterTexas.com and see my electric usage in 15 minute intervals. I had no idea -- it's pretty cool. So once the leaf is here, I will be able to download a CSV and track my charging. (I wasn't going to pop for a TED).

They also refer to Home Area Network devices basically smart appliances that can communicate back to the power plant.

I have a so-called Smart Meter courtesy of Centerpoint Energy, and thanks to your post I've now logged in to that website. Yes, pretty cool! It's also cool that it will read excess electricity that I generate from my solar panels. That excess does not show up on the web site though, it reads as zero instead. As my panels are a rather new installation, I haven't had a bill yet that includes the excess power I generate (so I can confirm that the metering is working as intended -- and get my $$ credit). Using Green Mountain's Renewable Rewards plan.
jhm614 said:
Does anyone else have one of the Oncor "Smart Texas" meters? I just realized that I can log into http://www.SmartMeterTexas.com and see my electric usage in 15 minute intervals. I had no idea -- it's pretty cool. So once the leaf is here, I will be able to download a CSV and track my charging. (I wasn't going to pop for a TED).

They also refer to Home Area Network devices basically smart appliances that can communicate back to the power plant.

My Leaf dealer here in Houston is Baker Nissan South, and I was wondering if anyone else here got this email from them.
Basically, they will have 1 reserved Leaf ready in March, 2 in April, and 10 in May. My name was not on the list of those lucky 13 :cry: so I guess I'm a June or later.

But here are a couple more interesting statements from the email, quoted verbatim:
The ratio of the number of actual buyers to those who placed reservations was twice the number anticipated by Nissan.
We will be receiving one Leaf in May at the dealership to demo for customers.

Phil

philaphonic said:
My Leaf dealer here in Houston is Baker Nissan South, and I was wondering if anyone else here got this email from them.
Basically, they will have 1 reserved Leaf ready in March, 2 in April, and 10 in May. My name was not on the list of those lucky 13 :cry: so I guess I'm a June or later.

But here are a couple more interesting statements from the email, quoted verbatim:
The ratio of the number of actual buyers to those who placed reservations was twice the number anticipated by Nissan.
We will be receiving one Leaf in May at the dealership to demo for customers.

Phil

Each dealer is only getting allocated a certain amount per month. For some reason I got allocated 8 and only have one customer?

AndyH said:
Electric Day at the Capitol
Austin - State Capitol - West Gate
Thursday, March 10th

Breakfast: 8:30-10AM
Exhibits and test drives: 8:30AM - 1PM

Volt, Focus, Transit Connect, Tesla Roadster, Prius PHEV

http://www.plugintexas.org/news.php

Wow! That's worth the trip down if they will let me drive the Focus and the Tesla... (Ironic that I would have use the ICE but still....)

And if I go, I will wear my fully charged shirt, the LEAF will be represented in Spirit...

dash said:
jhm614 said:
This "Dot Gov" page http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/laws/law/TX/8625 says that the EV project participation is available to DFW and Houston residents who purchase qualified BEVs and PHEVs. Unfortunately, according to Dave Aasheim, The Ecotality Texas Area Manager, the Leaf is not qualified for the EV project in DFW -- currently only for the Volt is qualified. I have checked with Dave a couple of times with no changes.

Not sure about the rest of Texas.

J.

Thanks for that. I actually spoke with an Ecotality rep on the phone back in Nov. I believe (may have been Dave). He said he was trying to get the Leaf involved in DFW. Kind of frustrating that their website would actually say DFW is a partner and list all the vehicles coming out (including the Leaf) and not be eligible, not to mention the afdc website. Do you know anything about the supposed 2k tax credit for EVSE installs? My quote from Nissan is running high ($3500 because they need to install a subpanel as my breakers are currently full) and if I could offset that cost, I'd be more inclined to approve the quote (thinking of just DIY as my cousin is a ME and could help).

Anyone hear anything new on the Ecotality/DFW situation - like if/when Leafs would be eligible for the program in DFW?

Jorel said:
dash said:
jhm614 said:
This "Dot Gov" page http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/laws/law/TX/8625 says that the EV project participation is available to DFW and Houston residents who purchase qualified BEVs and PHEVs. Unfortunately, according to Dave Aasheim, The Ecotality Texas Area Manager, the Leaf is not qualified for the EV project in DFW -- currently only for the Volt is qualified. I have checked with Dave a couple of times with no changes.

Not sure about the rest of Texas.

J.

Thanks for that. I actually spoke with an Ecotality rep on the phone back in Nov. I believe (may have been Dave). He said he was trying to get the Leaf involved in DFW. Kind of frustrating that their website would actually say DFW is a partner and list all the vehicles coming out (including the Leaf) and not be eligible, not to mention the afdc website. Do you know anything about the supposed 2k tax credit for EVSE installs? My quote from Nissan is running high ($3500 because they need to install a subpanel as my breakers are currently full) and if I could offset that cost, I'd be more inclined to approve the quote (thinking of just DIY as my cousin is a ME and could help).

Anyone hear anything new on the Ecotality/DFW situation - like if/when Leafs would be eligible for the program in DFW?

I spoke with Dave yesterday and they have a deal worked out with CPS here in San Antonio. Is CPS available in Dallas?

sbgarcia said:
I spoke with Dave yesterday and they have a deal worked out with CPS here in San Antonio. Is CPS available in Dallas?
No Steve - CPS is San Antonio's city-owned electric company.

AndyH said:
sbgarcia said:
No Steve - CPS is San Antonio's city-owned electric company.

Have you heard what they are doing for CPS customers?

sbgarcia said:
garygid said:
Steven,
Looks like good progress. Now, get the word out better?
You might want to start your own "$800 off for members at San Antonio World Car Nissan" thread.
I hope you will attract some significant business.

Way earlier in this thread I believe AndyH described his experiences in contacting local San Antonio dealers. You might want to read his posts in this thread, because he ended up ... sufficiently frustrated locally, I believe, to look elsewhere.

Yeah I read that, thank you for your help.

Totally agree! I've been sitting on my RAQ for almost two months now here in El Paso and I can't get any local Nissan dealer (Viva and Casa Nissan) who knows how to even DO an RAQ?! I got one email asking how to do the RAQ and that they would be getting 1 leaf in March (for test driving only) and they wont be able to sell one until 60 days after they receive the test drive model?!? I've never worked so hard to get a new car in my life!...OK rant over, feeling better...now back to waiting..... :roll:

CPS energy is giving the first 50 customers 50% off energy bill, equipment, plus install up to $1000. There is also a federal tax credit for the same thing but 30% off up to $1000.

Last I spoke with Dave was Feb. 8. I asked him if there was any subsidy for EVSE installation in DFW:

The only subsidy in place for LEAF owners in North Texas is the Federal Tax Credit of 30% of cost of Equipment + Installation up to $1000.

We are offering introductory pricing on the Blink L2 Residential charger at $1195 if ordered by March 15, 2011.

So doesn't sound like there's been any movement. I had him generate a proposal for me, but that's it.

sbgarcia said:
CPS energy is giving the first 50 customers 50% off energy bill, equipment, plus install up to $1000. There is also a federal tax credit for the same thing but 30% off up to $1000.
As reported back in January, CPS is giving a max of $1000 for an EVSE and installation to 50 customers. The rebate is in the form of a credit on their electric bill.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=49086#p49086
http://www.cpsenergy.com/Residential/Rebates/EV_Charging_Stations/index.asp

dash said:
Last I spoke with Dave was Feb. 8. I asked him if there was any subsidy for EVSE installation in DFW:

The only subsidy in place for LEAF owners in North Texas is the Federal Tax Credit of 30% of cost of Equipment + Installation up to $1000.

We are offering introductory pricing on the Blink L2 Residential charger at $1195 if ordered by March 15, 2011.

So doesn't sound like there's been any movement. I had him generate a proposal for me, but that's it.

Was the $1195 pricing on the Blink L2 Residential charger a cash and carry price or was that installed?

Back