LEAF Priced In Canada $31,698 has 6.6 kW standard-US next?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay

We just received some info (and ran a story about Canada LEAF pricing), but also noted that the entry level S model comes with 6.6 kW (6.0 output) charging standard. ($1,300 option in the US)

Like for the 2011 model year cars into Canada, the 2013 cars are at the end of the run...so maybe we are seeing some early info on the 2014s, namely the 6.6 kW being standard across the line. In 2011, Canadian cars had the 'no cost' cold weather spec, that became standard shortly thereafter.

•S Trim - $31,698 ($28,800 US pricing)
•SV Trim - $34,998 ($31,820 US pricing)
•SL Trim - $38,398 ($34,840 US pricing)

2012 LEAF SV started at $38,395, SL at $39,995 as a comparison.

http://insideevs.com/2013-nissan-leaf-priced-in-canada-from-31698-will-arrive-in-early-summer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is also some other stuff about a slight delay until early summer on the release, and Nissan gave out estimates to dealers on how well they expect each trim level to sell.

For many users, the 6.6kw charger doesn't make sense. Don't see why Nissan would do this, unless there's almost no cost difference between the two.

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to share the more efficient heating system, esp. for units shipping in CA?

What are the big differentiators now between S and SV?

As far as 5% S sales expected, that could be because of limited production.

I hope it is not standard unless the cost is trivial. We really need to keep that lower-cost base model as the advertised price.

Back