2013 LEAF Pricing and Features-S:28,800 SV:31,820 SL:34,840

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For exactly the reason you stated: The Japanese cycle is completely inconsistent with driving conditions in the U.S. Thus, the percentage gain here will be less than what that cycle test produced for Japanese driving conditions... It's Apples and Guavas.

edatoakrun said:
Why would you not expect significantly improved "real world" efficiency in the 2013 AML?
Of course, any percentage of efficiency improvement will be greater at lower speeds, which is reflected in the 2013 LEAFs increase to the 130/102 city/hwy MPGe* rating.

If Nissan is to be believed - and that is a big if - there will be quite a number in the months ahead...

mnsweeps said:
That brings up a question on how many QC stations are in the LA area anyway? Just having a QC port doesn't mean anything.. Thanks

I just wish that Nissan would outline where they are looking to place the chargers. I plan on leasing a 2013, but without knowing if there will ever be a DCQC near me (or on the roads I take) there is little reason to order the option. I just don't trust that Nissan cares about the east coast and the need for DCQCs.

="TomT"...The Japanese cycle is completely inconsistent with driving conditions in the U.S. Thus, the percentage gain here will be less than what that cycle test produced for Japanese driving conditions...

Well, last time I checked, I lived in the US, and in the longest (and slowest average speed) drive I do regularly happens to be pretty close to "Japanese", as I have been able to drive up to ~113 miles to VLBW, not too far short of the 124 to "dead" the 2011 LEAF got on the Japanese test cycle.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=9064&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So the actual 2013 LEAF average range increase for drivers like me, who do much of their driving at lower speeds, look pretty significant, and (even taking into consideration the charge efficiency gain that show up in MPGe but NOT range estimates) will probably (IMO) be close to the ~11% increase in the "highway" MPGe rating.

2012 LEAF 106/city, 92/highway, for 99 MPG combined

2013 LEAF 130/city, 102/highway, for an estimated 117 MPGe combined

http://insideevs.com/2013-nissan-leaf-mpge-rating-jumps-to-130-city-and-102-highway/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The fact is, the more high speed driving you do, the less benefit BEV efficiency gains will give you, as any improvement in efficiency will not increase your driving range very much, as it will mostly just be used to push the air out of your way.

Wow, I don't think I've yet met a Leaf driver who routinely drove at 14 MPH... You are definitely a very distant outlier on the U.S. curve at 113 miles...

edatoakrun said:
Well, last time I checked, I lived in the US, and in the longest (and slowest average speed) drive I do regularly happens to be pretty close to "Japanese", as I have been able to drive up to ~113 miles to VLBW, not too far short of the 124 to "dead" the 2011 LEAF got on the Japanese test cycle.

TomT said:
Wow, I don't think I've yet met a Leaf driver who routinely drove at 14 MPH... You are definitely a very distant outlier on the U.S. curve at 113 miles...
If you lived & drove mostly in a city, with lots of traffic lights, that is what the avg will look like.

But lots of stop and go driving is not, as we have seen, conducive to great efficiency or range...

evnow said:
TomT said:
If you lived & drove mostly in a city, with lots of traffic lights, that is what the avg will look like.

That actually depends. This is where i tend to do very well but then again iam a "neutral" driver.

This is also where u can do poorly from bad luck, bad light timing , etc.

TomT said:
But lots of stop and go driving is not, as we have seen, conducive to great efficiency or range...

evnow said:
TomT said:

mnsweeps said:
That brings up a question on how many QC stations are in the LA area anyway? Just having a QC port doesn't mean anything.. Thanks

Per PlugShare, so far there's only three in all of LA County: downtown LA, Diamond Bar, and the one for the Tesla Model S in Hawthorne.

TomT said:
Are you referring to the Mitsubishi QC, perhaps?

RonDawg said:
and the one for the Tesla Model S in Hawthorne.

I thought the Mitsubishi one was at their US HQ in Cypress?

The one in Hawthorne is labelled by PlugShare as "Tesla SuperCharger - Hawthorne (Los Angeles)."

In addition to the Nissan dealerships, the LA Dept. of Water & Power has funding and definite plans to install 16 DC FC stations within their service area.

The first few will be at their downtown facility at 1st & Hope Street (about a dozen L2 stations are installed there already), at the Convention Center, and another will be at or near LAX. There will be no charge for their use, at least in the foreseeable future, according to LADWP.

RonDawg said:
TomT said:

RonDawg said:

I thought the Mitsubishi one was at their US HQ in Cypress?

The one in Hawthorne is labelled by PlugShare as "Tesla SuperCharger - Hawthorne (Los Angeles)."

Both of these locations are exactly what is in Plugshare:

1 - Cypress, Mitsubishi headquarters, CHAdeMO DC charger (Eaton brand)

2 - Hawthorne, Tesla Engineering, Tesla DC charger "Supercharger" (Tesla Brand)

Back on-topic, I don't think the website's new capacity warranty statement has been mentioned.

Lithium-ion Battery Gradual Capacity Loss:

In addition to the Lithium-ion Battery Coverage for defects in materials or workmanship (96 months/100,000 miles), the Nissan LEAF® Lithium-ion battery is also warranted against capacity loss below nine bars of capacity as shown on the vehicle’s battery capacity level gauge for a period of 60 months or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. See your Owner's Manual for tips on maximizing battery life and capacity.

http://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/charging-range/battery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No mention of "~70" percent or any other details, there.

The 24kWh lithium-ion battery...
is also mentioned, but no indication of how much of that 24 kWh the driver will be able to access, nor whether the bars (or the "~70%") are based on total 24 kWh capacity, or the lower amount (apparently ~21 kWh when "new" in the 2011-2012s) available between "dead" and "100% charge".

mnsweeps said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
mnsweeps said:
Folks my company participates in the VPP program so wondering if this is a good price on the 2013 SV model.

$29,810 invoice - $1000 VPP program = $28,810 - $7500 Fed tax rebate - $2500 CA rebate = $18,810 + plus all the BS tax and fees on original purchase price.

on an "SV?" that is a GREAT price! take my advice, if it doesnt have it, pay the extra money for the quick charge

Yes on the SV model. and it has the quick charger.
Hi!
I'm new to the Leaf world :) , and we are trying to lease a 2013 SV with QC/LED. I just realized that my husband's company is part of the VPP program :D , so I am trying to do the 36 month lease calculations before talking to the dealers. Does anyone know the invoice price with quick charger on the SV? Thank you!

Shannon

chemteacher said:
Hi!
I'm new to the Leaf world :) , and we are trying to lease a 2013 SV with QC/LED. I just realized that my husband's company is part of the VPP program :D , so I am trying to do the 36 month lease calculations before talking to the dealers. Does anyone know the invoice price with quick charger on the SV? Thank you!
Shannon
Not sure about invoice price, but there is a lot of good information on the 2013 lease here.

2013 Lease Information
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11245" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry, I somehow missed the Tesla reference in the first post... Yes, there is a Tesla Supercharger station there.

RonDawg said:
TomT said:
RonDawg said:
I thought the Mitsubishi one was at their US HQ in Cypress?The one in Hawthorne is labelled by PlugShare as "Tesla SuperCharger - Hawthorne (Los Angeles)."

chemteacher said:
Hi!

Shannon
You can see the lease prices for VPP in the post Tom linked.

The invoice price for all trims & options is in the "Leaf : Trims, Features, Accessories, MSRP, Invoice Prices" announcement at the top of all forums.

chemteacher said:
Does anyone know the invoice price with quick charger on the SV? Thank you!Shannon

I found on-line that the invoice for the SV is $29,810. I couldn't find invoice for the LED and Quick Charge option package though. That happens to be exactly the same spec I am considering to lease.

Back