2013 LEAF Pricing and Features-S:28,800 SV:31,820 SL:34,840

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can price out every option (MSRP & Invoice) with each model at:

http://autos.aol.com/cars-Nissan-LEAF-2013-SV__4dr_Hatchback/overview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Option cost: LED & Quick Charge Package $1,630 MSRP | $1,414 Invoice

SV+LED/QC:

MSRP:
$33,450
INVOICE:
$31,224

Hope this helps.

Good news! I just test drove a 2013 SV and you no longer need to push 'OK'. It does it automatically as soon as the car is on. :D Also ECO stays on ECO after turning the car back on.
B mode definitely has much more regen than just ECO. In ECO, removing foot from pedal at 35mph got me 2 regen bubbles, but B mode got me 5 at that speed.

LEAFfan said:
Good news! I just test drove a 2013 SV and you no longer need to push 'OK'. It does it automatically as soon as the car is on. :D Also ECO stays on ECO after turning the car back on.
B mode definitely has much more regen than just ECO. In ECO, removing foot from pedal at 35mph got me 2 regen bubbles, but B mode got me 5 at that speed.

wow great news on several fronts!

Are you sure? The one I drove still required it. Perhaps Carwings was not yet enabled on the one you drove? I believe that it will not ask if it has not yet been authorized...

Also, while regen was higher in B with the foot off the pedals compared to the foot off the pedals in a 11/12, I noticed that the total Regen available with the foot lightly on the brake (before friction) in both was much more similar between the two...

LEAFfan said:
Good news! I just test drove a 2013 SV and you no longer need to push 'OK'. It does it automatically as soon as the car is on.

TomT said:
Are you sure? The one I drove still required it. Perhaps Carwings was not yet enabled on the one you drove? I believe that it will not ask if it has not yet been authorized...

Also, while regen was higher in B with the foot off the pedals compared to the foot off the pedals in a 11/12, I noticed that the total Regen available with the foot lightly on the brake (before friction) in both was much more similar between the two...

LEAFfan said:
Good news! I just test drove a 2013 SV and you no longer need to push 'OK'. It does it automatically as soon as the car is on.

Absolutely sure and it's so nice. However, if you wish to decline data it tells how to do it. Also, the Bluetooth phone connection message no longer appears.

LEAFfan said:

verified by Seattleite who test drove it yesterday that the nag screen will reoccur once a month which means an unlikely fix in store for the 2011. but better than doing it on every start up.

Ahh, maybe that is why I saw it then. It may have been luck of the draw that the reoccurance authorization period was due on the one I drove... I didn't turn it off and back on afterwards so don't know if it came back again subsequently...

DaveinOlyWA said:
verified by Seattleite who test drove it yesterday that the nag screen will reoccur once a month which means an unlikely fix in store for the 2011. but better than doing it on every start up.

Very impressed how cheap these are. Of course, Cruise is as essential an option as power windows, and the fact that Nissan would have bluetooth, USB, heated seats, etc. in a 2013 year (the S), but NOT cruise shows that Nissan doesn't want to sell any S's. How utterly ridiculous, absurd, laughable, comical, and ghastly. Also horrendous and shocking. Saddening, and depressing.

Anyway, I love my 2012. It was leased, thank GOD, and I can definitely see getting a 2014 once the lease is up in 17 months.

Particularly considering that CC costs essentially nothing these days as it is all software and a couple of buttons.

EatsShootsandLeafs said:
Very impressed how cheap these are. Of course, Cruise is as essential an option as power windows, and the fact that Nissan would have bluetooth, USB, heated seats, etc. in a 2013 year (the S), but NOT cruise shows that Nissan doesn't want to sell any S's. How utterly ridiculous, absurd, laughable, comical, and ghastly. Also horrendous and shocking. Saddening, and depressing.

LEAFfan said:

Ohh sounds like you are thinking of upgrading ....You actually use regen?.. I thought you were a hypermiler.. :)

Regarding power windows and cruise control.. you have AC and the car has only 80 miles of range (same applies to NAV)

EatsShootsandLeafs said:
Very impressed how cheap these are. Of course, Cruise is as essential an option as power windows, and the fact that Nissan would have bluetooth, USB, heated seats, etc. in a 2013 year (the S), but NOT cruise shows that Nissan doesn't want to sell any S's.
Well, then, it also shows that they have once again misunderstood their customers, because based on what I have read here quite few people are getting them. I am considering replacing my SL with an S myself.

Let's face it, neither cruise control nor power windows are essential; I could live without either of them. They are, admittedly, both convenient. I couldn't care less about Bluetooth or USB, having never used either on any car I ever owned, including my current LEAF, and I agree that those were odd things to keep. They could have thrown out the CD player, too, and cut the four speakers back to two while they were at it. I don't expect to miss any of the nav or Carwings stuff, because I so rarely use it.

On the other hand, I am looking forward to heated seats because I expect they will increase my winter range. (Naturally the heat pump would have been nice, but I guess you can't have everything.)

Ray

Herm said:
LEAFfan said:

Ohh sounds like you are thinking of upgrading ....You actually use regen?.. I thought you were a hypermiler.. :)

Regarding power windows and cruise control.. you have AC and the car has only 80 miles of range (same applies to NAV)

The 'OK' is good for 30 days, then you touch it again for another 30 days. It's a very nice compromise.
I only use 'B ECO' regen to brake after I've coasted in 'N' a quarter mile or so and still have to brake.

LEAFfan said:
The 'OK' is good for 30 days, then you touch it again for another 30 days. It's a very nice compromise.
I only use 'B ECO' regen to brake after I've coasted in 'N' a quarter mile or so and still have to brake.
They need to release a software update to the 2011/12 to give us the same thing.
Let's face it, neither cruise control nor power windows are essential; I could live without either of them.
Personally, I could live without a radio in the car, but would hate it! It just seems so barbaric releasing a car this expensive without cruise, or any car for that matter in this day and age. As mentioned, it's software and a few buttons. They don't even need any hardware controlling the throttle cable, as there isn't one. They took it out purely to thrust people into the upper package. I understand that is common in cars, but I'd rather it from enticing rather than removing a "must-have" from a lower package.

Reminds me of the recent Versa for $12k and Nissan touted that it would be a real vehicle, even has AC, not some stripper package. However, it lacked power windows and cruise. Imagine actually turning your windows up and down yourself in a car purchased this century.

Why try to make the Versa something it is not?

lets make it what it is.

a decent car that will be reliable for hundreds of dollars less per month than nearly any other option.

there is no free lunch. to get that, you must compromise. the lack of CC or power windows is a compromise that many are willing to make if they can get a new car with payments under $250 a month. granted they are all under 30 and maybe that is a good thing. Arthritis has not set in so opening the window at the fast food window will hardly be an inconvenience for them.

Now, I have a car with no CC and its really a pain especially when my ability to control the speed while "thinking of other things" has been severely degraded due to my driving the LEAF in eco mode all the time. But there was a budget to maintain and the car was well within that so we took it. (not my car and other than putting gas in it, I almost never drive it)

Either way, I think prices will drop next year for the LEAF again. We have not really seen the benefits of volume production and competition. When there are 30-40 LEAFs on every Nissan lot some being as close as 20 miles apart, that competition will put more downward pressure on pricing.

another reason for the lower pricing tier is that is gives Nissan room to introduce another model in the previous LEAF pricing slot that will have the "better" format and the positioned in a longer range category. My prediction is the same. expect a 100-110 mile range (real 100 this time...)

I would never buy a car without cruise control.
I thought the Toyota Yaris line was very interesting cost effective approach to transportation, but with it not having cruise control I eliminated it from consideration.
I still think high demand for the S is unlikely.
My next door neighbor just did a two year lease on a 2013 LEAF.
He went with the SL (although missed out on around view cameras & Bose, as dealer didn't have one with it).
But with the lease payment only being $239 per month, versus $189 per month for the S, the much better vehicle with heat pump heating, cruise control, navigation, and leather seats was a no brainer choice.
Only cost $1200 for two years. Just the increased functional range in winter will easily be worth it.
Nissan has removed content from the S to where I don't think the S will be more than 20% of sales.
That's probably what they want, as they may be losing quite a few $ on the S.

TimLee said:
I thought the Toyota Yaris line was very interesting cost effective approach to transportation, but with it not having cruise control I eliminated it from consideration.
I still think high demand for the S is unlikely.
My next door neighbor just did a two year lease on a 2013 LEAF.
He went with the SL (although missed out on around view cameras & Bose, as dealer didn't have one with it).
But with the lease payment only being $239 per month, versus $189 per month for the S, the much better vehicle with heat pump heating, cruise control, navigation, and leather seats was a no brainer choice.
Only cost $1200 for two years. Just the increased functional range in winter will easily be worth it.
Nissan has removed content from the S to where I don't think the S will be more than 20% of sales.
That's probably what they want, as they may be losing quite a few $ on the S.

neither would I but the ultimate purchase decision was out of my hands and pocketbook...(I only provided the down payment) I tried to talk her into a used Prius or a lease on a Corolla (both had lower payments) but she absolutely had to buy a car and the Prius had 60,000 miles on it which was way too much in her opinion. (hard to understand since she had been driving my Prius that had nearly 50,000 miles. But she is now starting to admit that she might have been regretting that decision)

TimLee said:

Nissan is counting on folks like you to pay thousands of dollars extra.

I almost never use cruise control, if you plan on hypermiling and wringing the most out of your car cruise is a total waste.

If I could sell my existing cars a leaf would be in my future at current pricing, but I would rather wait for the 2012's or 011's with cold weather package to get nice and cheap (maybe a couple years) and pick one up.

I have been actively looking for a salvage leaf, too bad they sell for $12k+, no way you could ever justify salvage at that price, ah well.

I noticed several 012 MIEVs out east for $11k after rebates, I wasn't able to get ahold of them fast enough to snag one though :( I am wonderin gif the leaf pricing will continue this effect on volts as well ?

rmay635703 said:
TimLee said:

Nissan is counting on folks like you to pay thousands of dollars extra.

I almost never use cruise control, if you plan on hypermiling and wringing the most out of your car cruise is a total waste.

Excuse me? I drove 151 miles on one charge using CC most of the time.

If I could sell my existing cars a leaf would be in my future at current pricing, but I would rather wait for the 2012's or 011's with cold weather package to get nice and cheap (maybe a couple years) and pick one up.

I have been actively looking for a salvage leaf, too bad they sell for $12k+, no way you could ever justify salvage at that price, ah well.

I noticed several 012 MIEVs out east for $11k after rebates, I wasn't able to get ahold of them fast enough to snag one though :( I am wonderin gif the leaf pricing will continue this effect on volts as well ?

Back