June 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drees said:
Fontana is reporting 2 3xxx VIN cars to be delivered soon - the spreadsheet has a 3xxx car delivered yesterday.

I believe all these 3xxx cars being delivered were on the United Spirit which left port on the 10th - so only 10 days from port to dealer - impressive speed compared to the last batches of cars...

Good news for those of you with VINs!

i think you are right - i've got a vin in the 3300s; the dashboard initially said week of may 30, then changed to week of may 26. i'm pretty sure the car was on the united spirit. we'll just see if it's actually delivered next week - the dealer database originally said june 1, IIRC. it might end up being a june delivery.

Well I was an April delivery (I posted there), then a May delivery (I posted there), and now it looks like I'll be a June delivery..... my DB just updated (again) to 6/17.

I won't get into how irate I am at this point. It would be pointless considering I definitely wouldn't be the only one.

Two weeks ago I've had an engaging conversation with supervisor Brian at Nissan CS. We raised my hopes by saying he would escalate the delivery of my car since it had been at port since 4/19 and no one could tell me why it hadn't shipped yet. Then I was told it was waiting for accessories I didn't order. This is when Brian "took over" and offered proactive help. However, after two weeks of "escalation" my car hasn't even shipped yet, and it looks like it won't for another week. Still no one can ever tell me why there is such a bottleneck with railcar shipment out of LB, and at this point I have 0% trust in anyone at Nissan CS.

So this is a warning for others: even if you think that you are being heard and you think someone's making a difference at Nissan CS, don't believe a word of it. At this point I would advocate folks in our situation to stop calling CS and simply write emails and letters directly to Nissan North America, voicing our frustration at how Nissan is treating its early adopters.

By the way, my VIN changed three times in the last 2 weeks, indicating to me that they are shuffling cars around, even though no one is ever going to admit to that. I think it's time frustrated owners on this forum get a targeted and coordinated response to Nissan North America. Not in the form of a class action lawsuit as some have suggested, but rather as a coordinated, collaborative "PR" campaign targeted at Nissan North America. I am sure they don't read the forums, but they may read the mail they get, especially if someone can dig up the name(s) of top executives there and we can directly detail our experience and their shortcomings directly. Maybe we can even get to write to their board. Not that any of this will make a difference, but I think we have enough facts here that we could easily do this at little cost and there is always a chance that we'll end up being heard somehow.

scharlj said:
By the way, my VIN changed three times in the last 2 weeks, indicating to me that they are shuffling cars around,
Do you think Nissan are doing this to fill in the forgotten Sep-Dec orders? IMO they should have done this as soon as the ordering/delivery snafu was pointed out to them, but it also makes little sense as they are still giving out new VIN#s to unsuspecting lucky-ducks who ordered late February. If Nissan were going to fix their mess, that would be the first place to start.

gbshaun said:
scharlj said:
By the way, my VIN changed three times in the last 2 weeks, indicating to me that they are shuffling cars around,
Do you think Nissan are doing this to fill in the forgotten Sep-Dec orders? IMO they should have done this as soon as the ordering/delivery snafu was pointed out to them, but it also makes little sense as they are still giving out new VIN#s to unsuspecting lucky-ducks who ordered late February. If Nissan were going to fix their mess, that would be the first place to start.
No, scharlj is a lucky duck, ordered on 1/29/11.

My best guess is that the pollen caused enough damage to his first two VINs that Nissan decided to give him one of the Leafs that just arrived in port (namely, a VIN that was most likely to otherwise go to a 2010 order, so Nissan maintains its same misallocation). A good way to test my theory is by what are actual VIN numbers scharlyj got. If my theory is right the first two should be below about 2200, and the third should be in the 4000s.

Has anyone done an analysis of what cars "could" be subject to the pollen damage? What the range of VINs would be?

I guess they could always turn them into demo cars if they were not comfortable with what was left of the paint and clearcoat. Fascinating theory, LA.

My first VIN was 1485, my second was 2250, my third was 1530. I know that I am a lucky duck...but I am not that lucky considering I still don't have my car either..... I totally agree that people who ordered in Nov/Dec should get their cars before mine. However that should not mean that if there's room on a railcar and my car's ready, it shouldn't go, because in two weeks a car from someone who ordered before me will be ready to ship. I think that if there's room on a railcar and there are no cars ready to go on that have ordered before me, I should be getting on. However, my car's been ready to ship since 4/19 and hasn't shipped yet (or so they tell me).

So although I agree that I should have never been promised a car that early in the first place, since I have been promised one and made logistical plans accordingly, now that it keeps getting delayed to fix their SNAFUs, creates two customer problems instead of one. I am not saying this is my point of view, but that's the devil's advocate point of view that Nissan seems to have taken in deciding to continue allocating cars even though they have had an order SNAFU.

I noticed that my estimated delivery date changed from June 8 for the last week or so to June 9 today. One day doesn't make any difference to me, but I'm curious on why Nissan even bothered updating it if it's just 1 day difference. I know the answer is probably "because it's a computerized system, so it doesn't care how many days different" or something like that. But I wonder if anybody else has seen the same thing on theirs and whether it conveys any meaning based on their experience.

Volusiano said:
I noticed that my estimated delivery date changed from June 8 for the last week or so to June 9 today./quote]

The exact same thing happened to me. Maybe that means we're on the same train!

SparkyEV said:
Volusiano said:
I noticed that my estimated delivery date changed from June 8 for the last week or so to June 9 today./quote]

The exact same thing happened to me. Maybe that means we're on the same train!
Yes yes, me too...it changed yesterday, Monday, from
"week of June 8th" to "week of June 9th". :lol:
Pure nonsense...

Then I got an email this morning welcoming me to carwings. Now the carwings site is down....

Bay Area here...

dcarter said:
SparkyEV said:
Then I got an email this morning welcoming me to carwings. Now the carwings site is down....

Bay Area here...
I got an email this morning from Nissan, too, telling me to make sure to visit the Nissan Owner's Portal. I don't know if it's the same as your email or not, but it didn't say welcome to Carwings. But the owner's portal is where you go to activate the Carwings anyway (which I already activated last week).

Guess what? I just checked my Nissan page and it goes back to June 8 now (it was June 9 earlier this evening, and June 8 for the last week). How crazy is that? Well, whatever... As long as it comes that week, I don't care which day. Just so weird that it ping pongs between those 2 days like that though...

I'm from Phoenix, AZ by the way.

Volusiano said:
dcarter said:
SparkyEV said:

Bay Area here...
I got an email this morning from Nissan, too, telling me to make sure to visit the Nissan Owner's Portal. I don't know if it's the same as your email or not, but it didn't say welcome to Carwings. But the owner's portal is where you go to activate the Carwings anyway (which I already activated last week).

Guess what? I just checked my Nissan page and it goes back to June 8 now (it was June 9 earlier this evening, and June 8 for the last week). How crazy is that? Well, whatever... As long as it comes that week, I don't care which day. Just so weird that it ping pongs between those 2 days like that though...

I'm from Phoenix, AZ by the way.

Yep, same email, now back to "week of June 8th".....
I suppose we are somewhat equidistant from Long Beach,
but I have 3 sons born in the last 4 years,
and statistically, the due date is only correct 5% of the time.

...any day now-

dcarter

gbshaun said:
scharlj said:
gbshaun, the Spreadsheet doesn't show a VIN for you yet. Do you have one, with your June expected delivery? Is so, when did the VIN appear? You ordered just after me, in Nov, but I was bumped from June to July over a month ago. I see several orders in late Nov and early Dec that have been delivered, but there are still many, many orders from mid-Oct onward that are not even showing VINs. I sure hope I am not bumped to Aug. It is frustrating to watch "luckyducks" continue to receive their cars.

tbleakne said:
gbshaun, the Spreadsheet doesn't show a VIN for you yet. Do you have one, with your June expected delivery? Is so, when did the VIN appear? You ordered just after me, in Nov, but I was bumped from June to July over a month ago. I see several orders in late Nov and early Dec that have been delivered, but there are still many, many orders from mid-Oct onward that are not even showing VINs. I sure hope I am not bumped to Aug. It is frustrating to watch "luckyducks" continue to receive their cars.

Not only Lucky Ducks, but dealers are getting their Demos..

lzendle said:
Looks like I just moved from May(be) to June 2011 Delivery. I got my 7-day letter on April 14!

that is one crazy signature you have there. i don't understand why the system is so different between us. my "month of" lasted forever, and I've had one change in date until my 30 May estimate.

We reserved 4/20, ordered Oct 2nd, and our dash moved from April 26th-May 2 -May 26-May 18 and our (black) car came in May 18th. So, be patient, my guess is the rest of your cars will be here soon, (and you didn't have to wait as long as we did) it's worth the wait in our opinion. (Our 99$ resevation fee was returned to us via our credit card today). We are loving the car. 250 peaceful to drive miles so far. Once we figured out our Blink it's been working great. No issue with either the blink charger, or the car. Joel Fowler at Wilsonville Nissan in Oregon, was great when we picked it up, and spent 2 1/2 hours showing us the car and it's functions. We did end up buying extras (we asked for them), kickplates, cargo organizer, and this rubber bumper guard for the back end. We also are having the maxguard protection put on the interior and exterior with a 7 year warranty on that.

Back