June 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I wonder if there's any correlation with the quick charge port option since it needs to be installed at the factory. Maybe they overestimated demand for those so people who ordered them get them quicker? Or are they really building each to order? I apologize if this has already been discussed.

SparkyEV said:
Hi, I'm new here. I reserved my LEAF SL (w/ quick charge port) on 9/11/2010, ordered on 2/27/2011, and expecting delivery "the week of June 8" according to the website. My status went from pending to May right after the earthquake (which surprised me), and changed to June 8 just a few days ago. Based on what others have experienced, is June 8 realistic? I've got my charger install scheduled for next week just in case :).

thanks,
Todd
San Jose, CA
My dates are very similar to yours. As I've mentioned before in this thread, my reservation is August'10, order date is late Feb'11, went from pending to May for a few weeks, then June since, and last Friday it was changed to June 8 and dealer confirmed it. I also got the VIN but unable to activate CarWings due to their mess up. Did you get your VIN yet and were you able to activate CarWings with your VIN? I got my free Blink installed last Friday already. My dealer told me he has 2 other LEAFs coming in beside mine, one about a week before me, and one around the same time as mine.

So I think June 8 is realistic, considering that they have already gotten over the earthquake issue and the AC issue that needed a firmware update, so hopefully there won't be any more delay at port. I also got the quick charge port included for free.

Volusiano said:
Did you get your VIN yet and were you able to activate CarWings with your VIN?

I did get a VIN, but Carwings gives me an "unrecognized VIN" error. I called and they said to give it a few days to get into the system. Thanks for the info.

SparkyEV said:
Volusiano said:

I did get a VIN, but Carwings gives me an "unrecognized VIN" error. I called and they said to give it a few days to get into the system. Thanks for the info.
I've finally been able to activate CarWings today on my account after waiting a few days so maybe yours will work soon, too. I asked on the Carwings forum and many people seem to have the same problem.

Just finished a chat with Jasmine @ 6:31AM PDT. She said that my car was indeed on a train heading north. I am hoping that this is true.
If it is there are probably many that will be delivered up the line in the next two weeks. She said mine should be to dealer in Olympia, WA by the end of the month.

downeykp said:
Just finished a chat with Jasmine @ 6:31AM PDT. She said that my car was indeed on a train heading north. I am hoping that this is true.
If it is there are probably many that will be delivered up the line in the next two weeks. She said mine should be to dealer in Olympia, WA by the end of the month.
I wish I could say that my LEAF was sharing a ride on the same train. Just chatted with Jesse now, and he said my car is still awaiting the protection package. This has been going on for well over a month, mind you. I pressed him for more information, and he said they are actually experiencing a supply shortage for the protection package. So, I asked if I could have my car released (knowing this would be in vain) and have the protection package installed by my dealership at a later time. Of course, the answer was no. D'oh! :evil:

Hey Everyone !!
Ordered Dec 2010, then, Pending > April> Apr 26>Apr 28>FOREVER, then, Week of May 05, THAT didnt happen, then I was stuck there FOREVER, then, after a call to CS, I was "in Port" then about May 18, I got the Week of June 03.
So, I will just wait for THEE CALL. Hope to make THIS JUNE a LEAF month !! Any one out here who lives in Houston ordering DEC getting any info? My Carwings is enabled, my charger is installed, and I have VIN #2108. I have seen some recent deliveries in CALIF of a VIN #2138. So... I know I am behind somewhere. I dont think that QUIK CHARGE gets it there any quicker, as I see someone earlier posted they ordered 2/2011, and I ordered 12/2010, and they are getting their delivery date in JUNE just like I am. So, Im 2 months LATER. HA !!

Volusiano said:
SparkyEV said:
Volusiano said:

I've finally been able to activate CarWings today on my account after waiting a few days so maybe yours will work soon, too. I asked on the Carwings forum and many people seem to have the same problem.

I don't have that problem....I reserved over a year ago (3 months before you), ordered a month+ before you....have no vin, no "week of" delivery date; Nissan CS says they have no idea whether my car has been built, is enroute, is in port, or whether the ship sank enroute from Japan. Guess I won't bother talking to customer service again.

Oh well; It'll all come out in the wash, as they say.
BTW---I'm not bitter; I just want to point out that you should consider yourself rather fortunate, actually. :?

Had a long chat with CS today. As everyone knows they forgot to schedule production for many 2010 orders. They have been using demos, fleet orders and orphans to provide cars to the earlier skipped orders (Sept & Oct). There will not be enough of these redirects to satisfy all the lost 2010 orders. For the skipped December orders (I am 12/11/10) and maybe the November orders we have to wait until we get scheduled for production (coming in behind the Jan/Feb/Mar 2011 orders). This has not started yet. They are telling me end of June (to get car), but hard to believe at this point. My dashboard says June, but it will likely slip again. I think we will continue to see Feb & Mar 2011 orders getting VINS before us late 2010 folks do. Nissan does not intend to make any effort to satisfy the December 2010 orders earlier.

WaitingInSanDiego said:
Had a long chat with CS today. As everyone knows they forgot to schedule production for many 2010 orders. They have been using demos, fleet orders and orphans to provide cars to the earlier skipped orders (Sept & Oct). There will not be enough of these redirects to satisfy all the lost 2010 orders. For the skipped December orders (I am 12/11/10) and maybe the November orders we have to wait until we get scheduled for production (coming in behind the Jan/Feb/Mar 2011 orders). This has not started yet. They are telling me end of June (to get car), but hard to believe at this point. My dashboard says June, but it will likely slip again. I think we will continue to see Feb & Mar 2011 orders getting VINS before us late 2010 folks do. Nissan does not intend to make any effort to satisfy the December 2010 orders earlier.

Hi,

It seems I am in the same situation as you are. Did you speak to a manager at CS?
I called into CS and they are telling me end of June (to get the car), but that seems impossible.

See the tracking ships thread. drees posted a theory:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2091&start=420

derkraut said:
I don't have that problem....I reserved over a year ago (3 months before you), ordered a month+ before you....have no vin, no "week of" delivery date; Nissan CS says they have no idea whether my car has been built, is enroute, is in port, or whether the ship sank enroute from Japan. Guess I won't bother talking to customer service again.

Oh well; It'll all come out in the wash, as they say.
BTW---I'm not bitter; I just want to point out that you should consider yourself rather fortunate, actually. :?
Derkraut you may want to consider yourself rather fortunate as well, I ordered almost 3 months before you and I have no vin, no "week of" delivery date. BTW - I am really really bitter and have a nice deep hatred for Nissan now.

WaitingInSanDiego said:
Unfortunately this exactly matches the theory I had developed over the last couple of weeks (through several conversations with Nissan CS, none of which laid it all out like they did for you) . I think that the test will be the next week or so as cars from the two ships last week have their VINs assigned to customers. If the story they gave you is true, then the skipped orders will see very few cars assigned and the 2011 orders will be very happy.
However, in my conversation today with Nissan CS they said that they will be assigning VINs to both the 2010 and 2011 orders at the same time as cars are delivered to the port of Long Beach. So who knows.
BTW - I'm a early Nov order, my dashboard also says June, Ecotality says Nissan gave them an estimate of June 22 for my delivery and my dealer says Nissan gave them an estimate of June 11. So again who knows.

I don't think we (or at least me) are on the recently arrived(ing) ships. EV project told me they saw a June 22 date a few days ago, CS says they see June 27th. They also told me 5 weeks from start of production to delvery - and that the 5 weeks includes mfgr in Japan, ship to Long Beach, prep and deliver to dealer -so that implies I will go into the factory next week. According to their schedule my car would arrive in Long Beach sometime around June 20th (+ or -)?

WaitingInSanDiego said:
I don't think we (or at least me) are on the recently arrived(ing) ships. EV project told me they saw a June 22 date a few days ago, CS says they see June 27th. They also told me 5 weeks from start of production to delvery - and that the 5 weeks includes mfgr in Japan, ship to Long Beach, prep and deliver to dealer -so that implies I will go into the factory next week. According to their schedule my car would arrive in Long Beach sometime around June 20th (+ or -)?

count me in the same group guys.....i get my charger installed this week but that's about it!

Volusiano said:
SparkyEV said:
Hi, I'm new here. I reserved my LEAF SL (w/ quick charge port) on 9/11/2010, ordered on 2/27/2011, and expecting delivery "the week of June 8" according to the website. My status went from pending to May right after the earthquake (which surprised me), and changed to June 8 just a few days ago. Based on what others have experienced, is June 8 realistic? I've got my charger install scheduled for next week just in case :).

thanks,
Todd
San Jose, CA
My dates are very similar to yours. As I've mentioned before in this thread, my reservation is August'10, order date is late Feb'11, went from pending to May for a few weeks, then June since, and last Friday it was changed to June 8 and dealer confirmed it. I also got the VIN but unable to activate CarWings due to their mess up. Did you get your VIN yet and were you able to activate CarWings with your VIN? I got my free Blink installed last Friday already. My dealer told me he has 2 other LEAFs coming in beside mine, one about a week before me, and one around the same time as mine.

So I think June 8 is realistic, considering that they have already gotten over the earthquake issue and the AC issue that needed a firmware update, so hopefully there won't be any more delay at port. I also got the quick charge port included for free.

Same situation here exactly, dates, shifts, and all!!
My CarWings was borked for about a week but just now worked for me. June 8th delivery anticipated, Boardwalk Nissan...
I think I might be the one coming in next to yours.....mine is Black with the quick charge, vin 3565.....

dcarter

WaitingInSanDiego said:
First post so sorry if I screw up the format. I am a Dec 12 order with a June Delivery estimate. Charger install guys (ETEC?) told me their system showed a June 22nd Leaf delivery. Confirmed with CS today that my car has yet to start the production process in Japan and delivery will be 5 weeks after that begins - of course with no estimate. So not on a ship, not at port and no way going to make it in time for the $5000 credit. Sent email to general Nissan customer service to complain and received a prompt reply that all Leafs are being delivered based on order date and there were no out of sequence deliveries. So the lies continue....
Figured I'd amuse myself with a call to C-S, and was told the same thing: "you've not been passed over, and your car is scheduled to be delivered in late June"
Me: So where is it now?
C-S: It's in line for production soon

So, despite more and more Feb orders now receiving delivery dates, Vin#'s etc, as of May 19th our "June delivery" cars are not in a port, not on a boat, not in a factory,... they are not even built. I don't think there is a step before "not yet built" and I no longer have any confidence in anything Nissan brushes us off with.
Thinking my vanity plate should be "BYAFORD" as even if this is my first purchase from Nissan, I'm pretty sure it'll be my last.

seems like there are a bunch of San Diego people on this thread so thought I'd post that i finally got my charger in today - first event that has happened in a long time since my October order!

opencar said:
seems like there are a bunch of San Diego people on this thread so thought I'd post that i finally got my charger in today - first event that has happened in a long time since my October order!
Mine's scheduled to go in next Friday. :)

opencar said:

That has got to be good news, congrats

Back