Have January Orders Opened Up Yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, just got an email from Nissan today. told me I could suddenly order!!! :D

I was told I could order in Jan, and they just got it in Jan! LA area, and looking to order at Woodland Hills Nissan. Apparently my non-response from Ecotality, was just "OKed" today. I am listed as Ok by them, and green lighted to order.

Now, how long will it take to actually get a Leaf......?

I just ordered today (reserved early July) from Fontana Nissan at $1K under MSRP. Blue SL with fast charge port. Whether I'll actually go ahead with the purchase is in doubt, though. Hoping for fast charger installation announcements. We'd need fast charging to become available below "our" mountain (near the 10/210/215 freeways in SoCal). No longer considering the Ford Focus EV due to initial lack of fast charging ability.

abasile said:
I just ordered today (reserved early July) from Fontana Nissan at $1K under MSRP. Blue SL with fast charge port. Whether I'll actually go ahead with the purchase is in doubt, though. Hoping for fast charger installation announcements. We'd need fast charging to become available below "our" mountain (near the 10/210/215 freeways in SoCal). No longer considering the Ford Focus EV due to initial lack of fast charging ability.

If you need to rely on fast charging for regular use it frankly may not be the proper vehicle for you unfortunately. If it is something for occasional use then it is more attainable. There will be few L3 locations and if it needed for you to get home frequently one must factor time it may be down or not available. I also expect some L3 charging locations to be very expensive to use.

EVDRIVER said:
If you need to rely on fast charging for regular use it frankly may not be the proper vehicle for you unfortunately. If it is something for occasional use then it is more attainable. There will be few L3 locations and if it needed for you to get home frequently one must factor time it may be down or not available. I also expect some L3 charging locations to be very expensive to use.
Ideally, we'd want to be able to use L3 once per week or so, maybe more often on occasion. As I work from home most of the time, the LEAF would not be needed for commuting. That said, I'm tempted to follow through and buy a LEAF because I find the technology fascinating, would have fun owning an EV, and would be supporting efforts to electrify our transportation. Absent L3, I might only be able to drive it ~5K miles/year, though. That makes it harder to rationalize, but perhaps not impossible. The Prius would continue to be used for most of our miles.

bpifer said:
Wholy Sheets!

Nissan just emailed me that my due date has changed from Pending to May!

I ordered Mid January and expected to get delivery in early August. I didn't expect May and I certainly didn't expect to go off pending so soon. Has anyone else with a January order date had thier dashboard change?

Brian
Ordered on 1/25. No dashboard change yet :-(

is there a group of reservationist who are due to be able to order in March?
April?

My question is : When do the orders run out (estimate)

there are only so many tier 1 reservations ~ 20,000 total only so many in areas that can order

many have already ordered since aug31st

so at some point unless Nissan opens tier 2 to order

the orders will stop coming in (no more dashboards to open)
It is at this point if there is capacity and it seems like there is , that nissan would begin accepting orders from tier 2 reservationist (next to be tapped)

Anyone have an estimate on what month that will occur ?

Stanley ?

thanks , Kevin

Kevin, The answer to your question is a hard one. However here is a wag. All reservations in the Launch States will have there dashboards open by the end of February. To my knowlege there are no dashboards to open in March or thereafter. There is a backlog of orders. By the end of February Nissan will have about 5,000 total orders since August 31. ( may not include fleet sales). These orders will be delivered by the end of June or July. Nissan needs to reopen the reservation process in my estimation by March 15 or the latest by April 15 otherwise they will have unsold manufactured cars by the July or August period. So, if they reopen reservations in March ,these reservations will be delivered in the July or August timeframe. Nissan says that when it re-opens reservations it will do it for launch States. Will they also start opening up ordering for none Launch States. I estimate that these reservations represent 40% of the current 20,000 reservations or 8,000 reservations. This depends on how many new reservations they expect from Launch states. My guess is that Nissan will start to open up ordering for non Launch States in the March or April time period inorder to be able to sell 1500 to 2000 cars a month. The cold package availability may also determine the timing for non Launch states

The second Nissan opens up Reservations for the "Forgotten 36" I will be online putting down my $99. However, I wouldn't be surprised if instead of a second batch of Reservations online they (Nissan) just decides to have local Dealers take care of the process. Either way: YAY! :)

stanley said:
My guess is that Nissan will start to open up ordering for non Launch States in the March or April time period inorder to be able to sell 1500 to 2000 cars a month.

Unless Nissan changes the ordering process, they will need to start sending out the "schedule your home assessment" emails now for that to work. That has to happen about 2 months before you can order, correct? No one outside the launch areas have been notified yet.

Also, some of those cars are going to be dealer demos. Any idea how many demos Nissan is going to produce? 1 per dealer?

Back