Driving range display 'changes' after NTB11038 Svc Campaign

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sdbonez said:
garygid said:
I count the sequencing seconds at signal-controlled intersections, so I MIGHT not be typical! :lol:

Whew... and I thought I was crazy for doing the same - glad I've got company now :roll:
Hmmmm ... why would you do that ?

Nothing new but...

I was trying to estimate the usable battery capacity by using the following formula : Q = ( Miles Driven + Remaining Miles ) / ( Average Mileage of trip x Percentage of charge at start of trip ) before the update. I was planing to use this to see if it would show the gradual loss of capacity of the battery. I wasn't expecting any result for at least a year or two.

Before the NTB11038 update I got an average Q of 22.15 KWh. After the update I get 20.3 KWh. Each value was calculated over 4 trips (same route, but different conditions (speed, traffic)). The value that seem to have changed is the remaining miles: it's lower than before by 7-9 miles over a 36 miles trip.

ericsf said:
I was trying to estimate the usable battery capacity by using the following formula : Q = ( Miles Driven + Remaining Miles ) / ( Average Mileage of trip x Percentage of charge at start of trip ) before the update. I was planing to use this to see if it would show the gradual loss of capacity of the battery. I wasn't expecting any result for at least a year or two.

Before the NTB11038 update I got an average Q of 22.15 KWh. After the update I get 20.3 KWh. Each value was calculated over 4 trips (same route, but different conditions (speed, traffic)). The value that seem to have changed is the remaining miles: it's lower than before by 7-9 miles over a 36 miles trip.
That sounds like a futile approach. Remaining Miles (the guessometer) is going to change every time you drive, and it will probably increase over time as you become a more energy-conscious driver. It will also increase or decrease, as you noticed, any time Nissan tries to tweak its algorithm.

Ray

Back