Max Discharge Current from 62kwh Pack

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ekohn04

Hi everyone, I have an EV conversion I've done with a 62kwh leaf pack. I was wondering if anyone had any information on the maximum discharge current from this pack so I can implement safety measures, making sure I don't damage it. I've already pulled up to 400amps for a short time, which I know is the most the leaf inverter would have pulled. How far above that number is safe?

It's not one number, because it depends on SoC and temperature. The peak discharge rating of the individual cells is 3C between 10-60C for 1 minute. Given that the pack is nominally 180Ah, that's 540A.

It's not one number, because it depends on SoC and temperature. The peak discharge rating of the individual cells is 3C between 10-60C for 1 minute. Given that the pack is nominally 180Ah, that's 540A.
Understood, thank you for your reply! Do you have a source for the 3C rating where I could do more digging on these cells?

Back