2012 VSP Off switch gone?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see it this way. I can't agree that the government acted first, created our paranoia, and that led to "all those lawsuits". As I see it, things worked pretty much in reverse with the lawsuits arising because many people either have an 'it's can't be my fault, it's someone else's fault' attitude, or they see an opportunity to benefit from blaming someone else. Then a trend in popular thought eventually leads to a government action.

There are exceptions, but in general government tends to be behind the curve rather than ahead of it. (In large part because of entrenched, monied interests that prefer the past and status quo to the future.)

SierraQ said:
The core issue is the government telling us whether or not we can be in charge of it. The government has a disturbing tendency to over-protect us as if we were all babies. Thanks to them we now have safety paranoia everywhere and that in turn has led to all those lawsuits whenever someone can convince a jury that something wasn't safe enough.

For those interested: I successfully disabled VSP on my 2012 SL using Phil's circuit here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3296&hilit=vsp+disable&start=150#p148160" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My ears are much happier in the garage now... it was really rubbing on me every time I pulled in and out of the (large shared) garage.

I personally don't even hear it on mine (and I want too) does anyone have a recording of it (as well as turning it on and off with the switch in the same recording??)

maybe its just a sound I can not hear? I hear the backup sound (rather pleasant actually)

why would I want to turn it off? because the government told me not too. that is enough of a reason to want too.

that 50% increase statistic is hogwash without some numbers. 50% of 10 is nothing for any real purposes.

I can imagine JUST how the first hybrid incident happened.

some dumb ass walks out in front of a car without looking and gets whacked. him and his lawyer are wondering how they can somehow ignore his dumb assery and get out of this and suddenly they notice HEY that car was electric. they are quiet right?

AHA. the motto of the USA comes forward again. It is everyone's fault but my own.

THAT must be it. let's say it was too quiet and I did not hear it. Let's ignore the fact that my dumb ass walked in front of a 4000 pound car on the roadway its supposed to be on.

I WOULD however leave it on if I could change the sound to suit my whim. a jetsons aircar sound would be some serious fun!

Back