Mossy Nissan Kearny Mesa Matches any Local Leaf Offers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mossyleaf said:
Of course I just landed in Kauai to find out we received 18 Leafs today. Hide your kids, hide your clothes and check your email and voicemail. Will west is handling leaf deliveries. 858_565_4411x209. Congrats and Aloha!
A_Red_Car_on_a_Street_with_a_Palm_Tree_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_081114-121730-832018.jpg
Leon, I hope you aren't reading this! Yet... I hope instead you enjoyed a well deserved vacation not thinking about any leafs except the palm variety. You'll need to be very rested upon your return when the LEAF delivery business looks like it will be really busy.

mossyleaf said:
I have heard they have been coming and.going, although I haven't been there to see it myself.
Leon, you'll see it in your paycheck :lol: :lol: ...Great job to you all at Mossy KM. Mossy and Nissan should be proud.

Thank you very much. I am very happy with the job my crew has done in my absence. They have processed and delivered 25 cars since thursday. :p I should take off more often!

mossyleaf said:
Thank you very much. I am very happy with the job my crew has done in my absence. They have processed and delivered 25 cars since thursday. :p I should take off more often!

Nice indeed! ;)

Any chance they can post some of the dashboard dates for those like you sometimes do? Helps to see how Nissan is doing with their catchup...

Leon: Do the Poway store Leaf's first get delivered to Kearny Mesa, and then to Poway, or straight from San Pedro pier to Poway?

My car was sold yesterday at Poway with six arrivals, and when I drove in at 8am this morning to pick up my car, a truck drove right by me with 6-ish more. Busy place, I'm sure.

TonyWilliams said:
Leon: Do the Poway store Leaf's first get delivered to Kearny Mesa, and then to Poway, or straight from San Pedro pier to Poway?
I asked this same question once before and my understanding is that Mossy Poway cars are delivered straight to Poway. I'm actually closer to KM, but signed up Poway as PD because the early threads here had Leon talking Poway. I don't think it matters much, and like hell I'm changing anything now. :)

But.. KM seems to be delivering more cars lately. Maybe they just have more presence here in MNL?

Km has a lot more orders than Poway. Maybe more than Anyone else. Seems to have a been a lightly debated item here on the forum... :p

What are the hours of operation of the L2 chargers?
I was driving home late Tuesday from the Padres game and ran into a CHP traffic break on the freeway. I went on a 10 mile detour and considered stopping in to get a few more electrons. I made it home with two bars remaining, but for future reference, how late can I charge?

For the time being until there are other options I am not imposing a restriction based on hours of operation to my 2 chargers in my customer parking. At this time the lot is not obstructed and there is access to the chargers from 6am until 12 midnight. Won't say it will be this way forever, but right now Nissan dealers are the infrastructure.

Thank you Leon. I have been hesitant to drive from North County to Padres games in my Leaf because there is no infrastructure along I-5 as yet. Knowing that your chargers are available will give me peace of mind

mossyleaf said:
For the time being until there are other options I am not imposing a restriction based on hours of operation to my 2 chargers in my customer parking. At this time the lot is not obstructed and there is access to the chargers from 6am until 12 midnight. Won't say it will be this way forever, but right now Nissan dealers are the infrastructure.

While I won't likely need to use them, and am trying to get Ecotality to put one at our building just across the 163 from you, I really appreciate Mossy doing this. At least until the rest of the world is up to speed the EV community really needs this kind of support.

mossyleaf said:
Thank you for this enlightened policy, Leon. Is this true for all the Mossy locations or only Kearny Mesa? I have yet to charge our Leaf anywhere but home, and have been hesitant to push the range limits because of the lack of infrastructure currently. I find it very disappointing that EVERY Nissan dealer is not taking your attitude towards providing charging opportunities for all Leaf owners, hopefully 24/7, at least until the EV Project gets off the ground with public infrastructure. This is a key issue concerning the increasing utility and widespread adoption of EVs.

TT

So, these are NOT available 24/7.

Are your EVSEs blocked from 12 to 6 am, or are they on a timer that powers them off from 12m to 6am?

Hopefully, you have them labeled so that somebody realizes that they will be unable to get a critical 2-hour charge starting at 11 pm.

mossyleaf said:

Thanks Leon. I was there Monday (5/2) morning getting a little juice while waiting for an appointment down the street. It was before your sales office opened up. Couple of your service guys walked by but I was sitting inside the vehicle reading the newspaper and no one said anything to me. Never did meet you when I picked up my Leaf on April 16th but I was told then it would be okay to stop by if I needed a charge.

Yes, thank you Leon! We picked up our Leaf on May 5 and didn't run into you at the Kearny Mesa dealership, but everything went smoothly. I had some problems at home with my extension cord to our Leaf trickle charging cable overnight on May 6 (our Level 2 is not inspected for use yet), and so we dropped in Sat morning to use the Level 2 charger at Mossy for several hours.

The public access to your Level 2 chargers is much appreciated. What happens before 6am or after midnite - are the chargers turned off?

We picked up ours last Monday. Been so busy driving to post :lol:

The Mossy Nissan crew were awesome. They worked with our schedule and let us come at 8PM. We didn't leave till 10:30PM but had a really pleasant time at the store. Interestingly, the person that did our docs also was involved with our Mossy TOYOTA (Prius) purchase about a year ago!

Congrats! and thanks for your insane amount of patience. Cars are coming in Daily finally! Looks like we will deliver between 50 and 60 from Kearny Mesa this month and 30-40 in Poway, Congrats to ALL! :p

Back