Mossy Nissan Kearny Mesa Matches any Local Leaf Offers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leon called just after 3PM yesterday telling me that 6 Leafs had arrived including mine. He said that mine and the other Leafs would be ready by 6 PM. Sure enough they were! The entire process at Mossy was a pleasure. I have never had such a good car buying experience. No Dealership rip offs or gamesmanship. Leon`s word can be taken to the bank. Leon is backed up by capable people . His finance manager Lea was a pleasure to work with. Adrien gave us a great orientation on the functions of the Leaf.

Picking up the Leaf and the pleasure of driving it home made up for Nissan`s ordering snafus. It looks like Nissan`s random delivery process will continue. However, hang in there folks, it looks like the flood gates of deliveries is opening.

mossyleaf said:
This was all Kearny Mesa also known as Leaf Central :D Ok I actully went and looked a the dates and they read as such 4-25, 4-29, 5-2, 5-5, 5-5, 5-5. I know, the May people are going to go crazy now!!! :eek:

Woah! I am a May 5th date. And yes, you are absolutely correct...I'm going crazy with anticipation now! It's close!!

Since I (for no good reason) selected Mossy Poway, I'm curious to know more about the KM/Poway split. Is Leon successfully cloned?

Are similar trucks rolling into Poway? Do they stop at KM first and then on to Poway? Can I change? :)

GroundLoop said:
Since I (for no good reason) selected Mossy Poway, I'm curious to know more about the KM/Poway split. Is Leon successfully cloned?

Are similar trucks rolling into Poway? Do they stop at KM first and then on to Poway? Can I change? :)

Not sure how that split happened, but I had a nice experience with Poway Mossy. James Smaller and Matt Alexander are nice guys and took care of us during the purchase process, and continue to resolve our issue of removing eco-package from the car. Do not think you need to change, might just add complexity to you delivery (last thing you want to do) and give Nissan to delay the delivery of your car.

PK

pksd1 said:
GroundLoop said:

I might have been successfully cloned. :p :p There is a new GM at Poway named Dave Talman whom I have known for over 15 years who is now managing that Dealership. I do not know of anyone who would or could manage Leaf orders as closely to me as him. I am still involved in Poway leaf orders, but with Dave at the helm there I have fantasic support and he is as up to speed with this process as myself. We will notify just as soon as your car lands or we have visibility of it on it's way. No need to think about switching anything we've got you covered!

stanley said:
Leon called just after 3PM yesterday telling me that 6 Leafs had arrived including mine. He said that mine and the other Leafs would be ready by 6 PM. Sure enough they were! The entire process at Mossy was a pleasure. I have never had such a good car buying experience. No Dealership rip offs or gamesmanship. Leon`s word can be taken to the bank. Leon is backed up by capable people . His finance manager Lea was a pleasure to work with. Adrien gave us a great orientation on the functions of the Leaf.

Picking up the Leaf and the pleasure of driving it home made up for Nissan`s ordering snafus. It looks like Nissan`s random delivery process will continue. However, hang in there folks, it looks like the flood gates of deliveries is opening.
stanley - I'm pleased to see that your car came in! :) I agree that the corporate portion of the process can be frustrating prior to delivery, but in the scheme of things, the ownership portion will be much longer - and much more enjoyable. :)

stanley said:

Congratulations Stanley. It's interesting that you and I both reserved on the same day, ordered the same day from the same dealer, are both in the ETEC program; yet, I'm sitting on June. :?

derkraut, Have you contacted CS and asked about when you can expect delivery. At least, I believe they may be able to tell you if your car has been made. If you do not get an satisfactory response, ask to speak with a supervisor to escalate your concern and fairness issue. I would think that you car was at least on a ship that arrived at the Port recently. It looks like deliveries are moving faster. My son ordered from Mossy on February 21 and has a month of June delivery date on his dashboard. When i picked up my Leaf, I asked Leon about my sons delivery. Leon does not believe his car has been made yet but expects it will arrive in June. It appears that Nissan is catching up with orders.

I have only had the car for a day but I am very happy with it. The leaf is perfectly suited for my mostly suburban driving and 30% highway use. Hang in there, but if you want your car sooner than later you need to express your frustration to Nissan

stanley said:
derkraut, Have you contacted CS and asked about when you can expect delivery. At least, I believe they may be able to tell you if your car has been made. If you do not get an satisfactory response, ask to speak with a supervisor to escalate your concern and fairness issue. I would think that you car was at least on a ship that arrived at the Port recently. It looks like deliveries are moving faster. My son ordered from Mossy on February 21 and has a month of June delivery date on his dashboard. When i picked up my Leaf, I asked Leon about my sons delivery. Leon does not believe his car has been made yet but expects it will arrive in June. It appears that Nissan is catching up with orders.

I have only had the car for a day but I am very happy with it. The leaf is perfectly suited for my mostly suburban driving and 30% highway use. Hang in there, but if you want your car sooner than later you need to express your frustration to Nissan

I've never called Nissan CS. I did contact them via "chat" once to request that they remove my ECO package, but they said it couldn't be done, and I accepted that. Guess I should call them on the phone? I don't understand why we should have to call them. They know when we reserved; they know when we ordered; they know what we ordered. Why do we have to call them and whine about where our car is? :?

derkraut -You should not have to call them However, since they have so many breaks in the ordering process It appears that they are focusing their limited available resources( people and cars) on customer that are concerned about their delivery date.

Just got the call tonight and I'll be headed down to Mossy in Kearny Mesa in the morning to pick up my Leaf! Absolutely fantastic...I can't wait! I'll check back later with my full impressions on the purchase experience, but in the meantime I'll try to sleep tonight!

Of course I just landed in Kauai to find out we received 18 Leafs today. Hide your kids, hide your clothes and check your email and voicemail. Will west is handling leaf deliveries. 858_565_4411x209. Congrats and Aloha!

mossyleaf said:
Of course I just landed in Kauai to find out we received 18 Leafs today. Hide your kids, hide your clothes and check your email and voicemail. Will west is handling leaf deliveries. 858_565_4411x209. Congrats and Aloha!

EIGHTEEN LEAFS!!!!

Wish Mossy Oceanside would get a trailer load like that; if they did, mine would most likely be on it!

Aloha and mahalo...

mossyleaf said:

Busy, busy day tomorrow for Will!

mossyleaf said:

Great news.. can you, or Will West, post the dashboard dates for these guys? Helpful to see how nissan is doing with dates!

Enjoy Kauai.. nice place! :)

jjssd said:
derkraut -You should not have to call them However, since they have so many breaks in the ordering process It appears that they are focusing their limited available resources( people and cars) on customer that are concerned about their delivery date.
1+
I ordered in early January and was moved from May to Pending after the earthquake. I haven't bothered to call CS and complain because I figure you folks in CA who drive 80 miles per day need these cars more than I do. If I complained, maybe I would get my car sooner, but why bother. I bicycle 4 miles to work (off street path so it is completely enjoyable) and probably fill up the ICE about once a month. I'm sure plenty of people who reserved or ordered after me will get their car first. Not a problem for me. Let the folks in CA get in line for their rebate. I just want to have my car before I have to bicycle in 6 inches of snow.

Reddy

Reddy said:
jjssd said:
1+
I ordered in early January and was moved from May to Pending after the earthquake. I haven't bothered to call CS and complain because I figure you folks in CA who drive 80 miles per day need these cars more than I do. If I complained, maybe I would get my car sooner, but why bother. I bicycle 4 miles to work (off street path so it is completely enjoyable) and probably fill up the ICE about once a month. I'm sure plenty of people who reserved or ordered after me will get their car first. Not a problem for me. Let the folks in CA get in line for their rebate. I just want to have my car before I have to bicycle in 6 inches of snow.

Reddy

I like your attitude, Reddy. :)

I'm home with my car, and the whole purchase process went very smoothly. Thanks to the forum (thanks guys and gals!), I knew exactly what money factor I wanted and the terms of the lease. The guys at Mossy even took the time to print off my applications for the HOV lane waiver and my CVRP rebate application.

The whole thing only took about 2 hours, and a large portion of that was me playing with the car and its features. I only had about 15 minutes with the car during the special drive event last year, and so I felt like there was a lot to learn. But, we are home now and I'm looking forward to a full day of messing with it! And, sure enough, when I drove home I had the full-out EV Grin....heck, I still do!

A big thanks to everyone at Mossy Nissan-it really was a good experience.

Back