when will tier 2 finally get to order?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmp647

Anyone have any new info

last news officialy from nissan was pre-quake , that was the december 2010 letdown email

"late summer 2011"

now I have several different time frames I have heard

does anyone have any news on when tier 2 orders should start?

Well CS has told me "early 2012" with no explanation

just orders in Virginia will begin early 2012

lets hope the accuracy of their statements is consistent (consistently wrong)

:geek:

I tried asking today via chat. Here's what I got:
The Nissan LEAF was made available in specific states last December, including Oregon, Washington, California, Arizona, Tennessee, Texas and Hawaii. Soon more states will be added, including Alabama, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. The Nissan LEAF will be made available across the remainder of the country in 2011/2012.

When I pushed a bit more, all I got was that Georgia reservations will opens towards the end of this year (pretty specific, I guess). No info on model year, just a reminder that I would receive updates when information becomes available.

inevitably there will be a state out of the tier 2 group that is first for whatever reason.

florida? Georgia?, NC? Va who knows

first orders for tier 1 were in CA .

Might be some tier 2 in November / December then the rest in Jan feb or March

One thing we know is at some point they have taken al the orders they can from the tier 1 second wave, then they will need to start opening additional markets.

It should correspond to the availabililty of the cold package IE, end of tier 1 second wave in august, or september, begin tier 2 orders to be filled from december 2011 or January production(2012 models)

kmp647 said:
It should correspond to the availabililty of the cold package IE, end of tier 1 second wave in august, or september, begin tier 2 orders to be filled from december 2011 or January production(2012 models)

My uneducated guess is that it might not have much to do with the cold pack in Tier 2. Most of the states are comparable to Texas in winter climate. I can see where it would come in handy in Northern VA, though!

Does anyone have an updated roll out calendar? The last I heard Tier 1 states would be allowed to order again and tier 2 states may be allowed to order in the Fall of 2011 with tier 3 possibly ordering in late 2011. Is there any official word with this kind of information?

kmp647 said:
inevitably there will be a state out of the tier 2 group that is first for whatever reason.

florida? Georgia?, NC? Va who knows

first orders for tier 1 were in CA .
Not true. All 5 states were allowed to order starting Aug 31.

On the question OP posed - check with your largest local Nissan dealer. They will train the dealers first before starting the order process.

I just got done with an online chat with Nissan customer service, and they said Georgia (a tier 2 state) will be able to order in August with deliveries coming 90-120 days after order completion. A formal email communication is supposed to come out soon.

It was good news for me sitting in Atlanta.

Cool beans! I hope this is true!

We went to the Drive a LEAF event in Atlanta on Feb 22 this year.

I am in NH but seeking to sell my house and move to the Atlanta area near where my daughter lives with her family.

Yesterday, I was looking at a couple of Nissan Dealers (online) in Lawrenceville and Gainsville to see which one would be best to talk with. One of them claims to have LEAFs on the lot. I don't believe it.

Can't wait! But I have to wait for my house in NH to sell. ...know anyone who wants to buy a nice dormered cape style house in southwestern NH? :)

dbassett said:
I just got done with an online chat with Nissan customer service, and they said Georgia (a tier 2 state) will be able to order in August with deliveries coming 90-120 days after order completion. A formal email communication is supposed to come out soon.

It was good news for me sitting in Atlanta.

dbassett said:

Hope you're right but I just talked to them and they stuck to the "you can RAQ in the fall of this year" line for GA, SC and NC. I didn't ask about any of the other states. They did say Nissan would send out an email with more details before the RAQ notifications but didn't know when exactly.

I dont know if its July, august or september for tier 2 , but it does seem likely it gets pushed ahead of "fall 2011" estimate from the earler press release.

I think its more likely than ever that us in tier 2 who are able to order early (july aug sep)

will be into 2011's by November or december at latest.

I just had a response from Customer service to a message I sent yesterday. ([email protected])

This is what they said about Georgia and New Hampshire:

Georgia will be in Wave 2 of our distribution plan, meaning: You will be able to reserve / order end of this August / beginning of Fall. You will take delivery of your LEAF in 90 to 120 days after you accept your quote from the dealer.

New Hampshire will be in Wave 5 of our distribution plan. It will be available for reserve / order end of Spring 2012 / beginning of Summer 2012.

Major bummer for New Hampshire but I hope to be in Georgia well before next year!

Wave 5? This is the first I have seen any differentiation for the 'forgotten 36'. Until now, I thought there was a wave 1, wave 2, and 'the rest of the country'. Interesting....

Anyone know more details here?

lets see we should list wave 1 (tier 1) states California, TN,WA,TX,OR, HI, AZ

and wave 2 (tier 2 ) GA VA NC FL MD did I miss one?

then go from there

Back