when will tier 2 finally get to order?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well 2 things happened today gm announcedVolt sales starting in nc and sc

Plus I think there will be news on orders in Va and other tier 2 states by sometime tomorrow

Anybody know anything ?

kmp647 said:
Well 2 things happened today gm announcedVolt sales starting in nc and sc

Plus I think there will be news on orders in Va and other tier 2 states by sometime tomorrow

Anybody know anything ?

Hopefully that will push Nissan to at least firm up and announce their plans for tier 2.

southeast reservation holders get a special ordering period starting july 25th

just as predicted

http://nissannews.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=96980FC074C25D2CF66D87C8B0E09323?&id=2682&allImage=1&teaser=nissan-launch-all-electric-leaf-upgraded-2012-model&mid=1

I was wondering if they would make the announcement today since its "public" day at the Plug-In 2011 conference in Raleigh. Mark Perry would probably have gotten some questions about this at the Q&A session tonight.

The 2012 SL price has gone up by $3500. I thought the cold weather package and QC port only cost about $1600. Is there anything else that the 2012 model will include standard that the 2011 did not or is this just a price hike?

Yeah, I get the price hike but I was wondering if the 2012 model would include any other changes or features other than possibly updated software.

Really? The price of the SV goes up by $2,420 and all we are gaining is the cold weather package? Which I really could do without? Very unfortunate.

Also are they completely bypassing the "home evaluation" step for this wave, just letting us order and assuming we'll follow up however we want as far as the charging station?

evnow said:
Among the Tier2 states, I imagine not many will have a lot of orders - may be FL & Virginia ? I think rest will be similar or less than TN in orders. If that is the case, I expect other states to open up more quickly. Nissan should be aiming to deliver the first cars in summer or fall rather than winter in these non-T2 states.

Now that we know when ordering in Tier 2 begins, I would point out that FL, VA and MD are all very LEAF-happy states. I'm part of the EVA/DC and I can tell you one of our members in MD already has a LEAF that he shipped in from WA. :)

davetex99 said:
jimcmorr said:
marccbr said:
Why wait for tier 2? not much changes.

Unless we want to search for an orphan and trailer it home, we are stuck waiting for the Nissan invitation to order. And that isn't going to happen until at least August now for tier 2. Those of us in "wave 5" have to wait until spring 2012.

That's exactly what I did. Between not knowing when we could finally order a Leaf, what the price of the 2012 will be, and what interest rates will be when the car is delivered (which is when it will be financed), as well as being tired of waiting and waiting, I got an orphan and had it shipped here. Have had it for just over two weeks, have over 850 miles so far, and absolutely love it. Wish I'd done it sooner.

Dave

Oh, Dave! You're my friend from EVA/DC! I was referring to you! :)

jimcmorr said:
Though they are beginning "Drive a LEAF" events in Hartford and Boston this month! And Philadelphia next month.

I'll be at the West Hartford, CT event the weekend before ordering begins. Anyone have any questions they'd like me to ask?

I HAVE BEEN EAGERLY AWAITING OPPORTUNITY TO ORDER AND GOT MY EMAIL THIS MORNING WITH THE ENORMOUS PRICE INCREASE AND SAYS I CAN ORDER ON JULY 25, 2011 IN N. C. WHICH IS IN 5 DAYS! TOUGH DECISION. AT THE 2011 PRICE I WOULD HAVE JUMPED TO ORDER. I AM IN THE POSITION AS A RETIREE THAT I DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH INCOME TO TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF THE 7500 BUCKS OF TAX LOOPHOLE BACK MONEY AND BUYING THE CAR COMES OUT OF MY SAVINGS. THIS ENORMOUS INCREASE IN PRICE FOR A FEW CHANGES AND NEW BELLS AND WHISTLES THAT PROBABLY COST NISSAN A TOTAL OF 500 BUCKS TO MAKE THE CHANGE FROM A 2011 MODEL TO A 2012 AND THEY CHARGE US ALMOST TEN THOUSAND BUCKS MORE MONEY FOR THE 2012 MODEL DO NOT CUT THE MUSTARD FOR ME.......NOT FOR A CAR I NEVER EVEN SAW ONE YET AND I GOT TO SIT HERE AND WAIT......WAIT.......WAIT FOR IT TO ARRIVE FOR MONTHS. NISSAN HAS BETRAYED ALL OF US WHO HAVE BEEN PATIENT WITH THIS ENORMOUS PRICE INCREASE AND I AM NOT GOING FOR IT. I HAVE HAD MY ON THREAD FOR QUITE SOME TIME AS TOPCATLEAF IN N. C. WANTING TO ORDER THE CAR AND NOW I FEEL BETRAYED BY NISSAN. THE PRICE INCREASE IS JUST TOO MUCH. WE EXPECTED AND INCREASE BUT NOT SUCH A DRASTIC AND CLEARLY GREEDY INCREASE..............AND I FOR ONE WILL NOT BITE AND PAY THE MONEY. SO GOODBYE NISSAN AND HELLO PRIUS!
TOPCATLEAF

Just one comment: Please turn off your caps lock. It is hard to read and is considered to be shouting...

Actually, two comments: How did you come up with 10,000 bucks more??? Certainly not from the 2012 price sheets that the rest of us have seen...

TOPCATLEAF said:
SO GOODBYE NISSAN AND HELLO PRIUS!
TOPCATLEAF

VERY SIMPLE YOU GOT $3,000 PRICE INCREASE AND MR. OBAMA AND THE WASHINGTON CROWD ARE SAYING WE VERY LIKELY WILL NOT GET A PENSION CHECK OR SSI CHECK......... SO I WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE 7500 BUCKS CASH BACK WHICH IF YOU ARE IN A LOWER TAX BRACKET YOU DO NOT BENEFIT FROM THE 7500 TAX BREAK. SO THAT IS TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS MORE COST EASY...... IT IS JUST TOO UNCERTAIN FOR A RETIREE LIKE ME TO PULL MONEY OUT OF SAVINGS IN THIS POLITICAL CLIMATE WHERE IN WASHINGTON THEY ARE LIKELY TO TURN MY WORLD UP SIDE DOWN WEEK TO WEEK THESE DAYS... AND MY CAPS LOCK ON THIS KEYBOARD IS BROKEN AND IF I TYPE AT ALL I TYPE IN CAPS EXCEPT COMETIMES WHEN FOR GOD KNOWS WHAT REASON IT DOES NOT TYPE AT ALL. NISSAN ALREADY SAID NO MORE 2011 PRICES ORDERS SO THAT IS IT FOR TOPCAT. I WILL SHOP FOR SOMETHING ELSE OR WAIT A FEW YEARS UNTIL PRICES GO DOWN. THEY HAVE PRICED ME OUT OF THE MARKET. THE ONLY WAY I CAN SEE TO GET ME BACK INTO THE LEAF MARKET IS IF THEY WERE TO CHANGE THE 7500 BUCKS TO A DEALER DEDUCTION THAT CAME OFF THE TOP OF EVERY SALE RIGHT OFF THE TOP REGARDLESS OF DEDUCTION TAX STATUS OF THE BUYER. NO ONE HAS MENTIONED IF THAT IS EVEN BEING DISCUSSED SO I ASSUME IT IS NOT EVEN ON THE TABLE. I AM GOING TO LOOK AT THE PRICES OF THE 2011 PRIUS ON THE LOTS NOW AT THEIR YEAR END SALE. THERE MAY BE SOME INCENTIVE DEALS ON THOSE. I PROBABLY WILL NOT BE AROUND THIS FORUM MUCH FROM NOW ON AS I AM GIVING UP N PURCHASING A LEAF. IT IS A REAL PROBLEM IN THIS COUNTRY WHEN POLITICIANS IN WASHINGTON TALK ABOUT LOOKING FOR MONEY FROM SENIORS WHILE NOT LOOKING FIRST TO STOP THE BILLIONS IN FOREIGN AID GOING TO OTHER COUNTRIES........LIKE SAY JAPAN.........WHILE NISSAN RAISES ITS PRICES! ONCE AGAIN GOODBYE LEAF. YOU PRICED ME OUT OF THE MARKET. HELLO PRIUS. TOPCATLEAF

TOPCATLEAF said:
VERY SIMPLE YOU GOT $3,000 PRICE INCREASE AND MR. OBAMA AND THE WASHINGTON CROWD ARE SAYING WE VERY LIKELY WILL NOT GET A PENSION CHECK OR SSI CHECK......... SO I WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE 7500 BUCKS CASH BACK WHICH IF YOU ARE IN A LOWER TAX BRACKET YOU DO NOT BENEFIT FROM THE 7500 TAX BREAK.

Many people have leased their LEAFs to get the $7500 credit and bought the lease out.

TOPCATLEAF said:
THE ONLY WAY I CAN SEE TO GET ME BACK INTO THE LEAF MARKET IS IF THEY WERE TO CHANGE THE 7500 BUCKS TO A DEALER DEDUCTION THAT CAME OFF THE TOP OF EVERY SALE RIGHT OFF THE TOP REGARDLESS OF DEDUCTION TAX STATUS OF THE BUYER. NO ONE HAS MENTIONED IF THAT IS EVEN BEING DISCUSSED SO I ASSUME IT IS NOT EVEN ON THE TABLE.

I have heard that this is being discussed. But I bet it is on a back burner with the debt ceiling "discussions" taking the spot light.

TOPCATLEAF said:
...IT IS A REAL PROBLEM IN THIS COUNTRY WHEN POLITICIANS IN WASHINGTON TALK ABOUT LOOKING FOR MONEY FROM SENIORS WHILE NOT LOOKING FIRST TO STOP THE BILLIONS IN FOREIGN AID GOING TO OTHER COUNTRIES........

To the best of my knowledge the Soc Sec system is seperate from the Government's budget and they cannot touch it legaly. IMHO they are just trying to make people scared..

TOPCATLEAF said:
LIKE SAY JAPAN.........WHILE NISSAN RAISES ITS PRICES! ONCE AGAIN GOODBYE LEAF. YOU PRICED ME OUT OF THE MARKET.

Funny you should mention Japan and Nissan with regard to USA foreign aid, presumably in a negative sense

TOPCATLEAF said:
HELLO PRIUS. TOPCATLEAF

and at the same time you are considering buying a Toyota. Isn't that vehicle made in Japan as well?

What ever works for you. Good luck!

[political-rant]Foreign Aid is such a minuscule portion of the budget. I mean, we're talking millions in most cases, billions at best, but when we talk Military, Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid we're talking hundreds of billions if not trillions each year. The same argument goes for taxing the rich a bit more. Neither one is going to balance the budget until you take on Military and entitlements. And I wish seniors would stop complaining about Social Security cuts because Seniors vote so no-one's gonna take that away from you. You know who doesn't vote: Generation X and Y, my people! We're resigned to that fact that when we retire there won't be anything left. No social safety net. Retirement age will be 75 by the time I retire and there'll no doubt be means testing and maybe we could charge FICA proportioned to actual salary instead of capping it at $200,000 income.

Put another way, people retiring now will get more out of social security than they ever put in. People who retire in 2050 will probably only get about half on average of their FICA payments. But that's how you make it solvent. Fortunately Generation Y is a Baby-Bounce, and is nearly as wide as the Baby Boom since it's their children so X will have the income of Y to support them; it remains to be seen if the next generation can support Y.

So pipe down because it's not Nissan's fault you might not qualify for the tax credit. You'd be in the same position with the 2011 model year so we're back to a $3000 overcharge. I wish we could make it a rebate, but of this I'm relatively certain, come 2 August the check will go out and this will all be forgotten. It's an artificial crisis.[/political-rant]

LTLFTcomposite said:
Should you really be looking at new cars if you can't spring 15 bucks for a new keyboard? :lol:

:D :D :D

But seriously, at 00:03 July 25 there's STILL no ordering for North Carolina (yes, wave 2) on the Nissan site.

Back