50 states Leaf purchase - OPEN TO ALL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdmondLeaf

After 679 days my account status changed, but as expected my April 2010 account/deposit was completely unnecessary. Right now I can establish new account and go directly to RAQ without deposit. Deposit payment for "forgotten states" was discussed so many times and no need to refresh this anymore. Hope Nissan will send checks to all remaining deposit holders. In my case my CC that I used back in April 2010 is long gone, so check will be great to avoid problems, and dealing with CS.

edit
All can order now

EdmondLeaf said:
After 679 days my account status changed

it's time to determine how you will purchase your Nissan LEAF™. you'll work with your with your preferred Nissan dealer, who will take you through that process by providing you payment figures†. then you'll confirm and submit your vehicle order.
and no home assessment needed in order to reserve, or I got this wrong, home assessment was/is after reservation?
once you've reserved your Nissan LEAF™, you can schedule your home assessment right here. the home assessment will determine how best to install the charging dock at your home. you can also book additional home assessments, and manage any home charger installation appointments you've made.

Yep assess is after reserve but before order supposedly - although a quick call to the 877 number will waive that if you have another choice (and another choice will almost always be below Aero's price. $800 for the Schneider and $250 to install for me.)

EDIT - interestingly, the website still doersn't list the "missing" 20 states yet as available to order, but if your dashboard is open at least yours must be.

EvansvilleLeaf said:
Yep assess is after reserve but before order supposedly - although a quick call to the 877 number will waive that if you have another choice (and another choice will almost always be below Aero's price. $800 for the Schneider and $250 to install for me.)
Yes... Have them "enable the waiver". This will permit you to order without an assessment. You can still schedule an assessment, even if you take the waiver.

Interesting - so I've got a "leftover" arkansas reservation still, and I started going through the RAQ process just to see how it looked. Definitely confirm RAQ is open, but here's the interesting thing - on the 'select your dealership' page, every dealership NOT in a previously launched state (OK and AR have certified dealerships I can view) show to have reached their quota of Nissan Leaf orders - while all the previously launched state dealerships (MS and TN for me) show open and selectable.

I guess the ordering is open for customers, but the dealerships have been given no stock quotas?

Meanwhile none of the 7 Nissan dealerships within 100 miles of me (2 of which are within 15) are bothering with leaf certification, apparently... The one certified dealership in Arkansas is actually almost twice as far away as the TN dealership I bought from...

*edit* - just emailed a local dealership and they said they are certified, it's just not updated on the site yet. Not sure how many are in that situation. He also said he expects they'll get some allocation in March, but that it might actually be April, they're not 100% certain yet. I'm guessing that allocation schedule probably applies to all of the newly-launched states. but of course that's 3rd-hand info compounded with supposition, so who knows :D

I guess we have to wait for official mail from Nissan. Wonder if in AR dealers have their evse installed already? What is funny I called a week ago dealer that is not Leaf certified, and salesman said that they have evse, but now no evse. I guess salesman thought if I come to check non existing evse he will be able to sell me car.

According to the guy I emailed one of the LR dealerships has their evse now. Not sure about the other one, or the other 5 in surrounding areas.

In OKC area now no dealers evse, and pretty much all changed to red dealerships (6), 2 still certified but no evse no demo, so 200 miles trip to get software upgrade. What is now interesting that with my OK address I can order in TX without changing anything

Wonder if Yanquetino have his account open for RAQ?

Received thank you email from local dealer for informing them that RAQ is open now

defiancecp said:
just emailed a local dealership and they said they are certified, it's just not updated on the site yet. Not sure how many are in that situation. He also said he expects they'll get some allocation in March, but that it might actually be April, they're not 100% certain yet. I'm guessing that allocation schedule probably applies to all of the newly-launched states. but of course that's 3rd-hand info compounded with supposition, so who knows :D

Does this mean that won't be possible to RAQ from local dealer for another month or so? I have no problem RAQ from TX now. Did you ask them about software update, local dealer told me no, and they not sure when will be possible.
I think reason for delay is, if I am correct, dealers should demo for customers to try before RAQ. This may take some time

Yes!!! :D My RAQ has opened. I "chatted" with Nissan to remind them that I already have my AV EVSE, so hopefully I can skip the home assessment and EVSE installation steps.

I also inquired about delivery time: the usual 90-120 days.

BTW, no word on the Smyrna factory or the 2013 model yet, but apparently there is no time limit on the RAQ, which will remain open until the reservation holder makes a decision one way or the other.

I'll post after I have ordered. Gotta hassle my local dealership first, as they have not exactly been friendly or interested in my business so far. If they don't change their tune now that I can RAQ, I just might have to designate a different dealer in Las Vegas instead.

Ok here's how that goes: hey there is some one on the phone interested in a lease,,,,.....

Ok so put them thru to finance mgr.

No no they want a lease.......

Right what kind of car do they want to lease?

No a leaf.....???.??.

You mean that electri car???.

Yeah that one.........

Ah ....... We don't sell those..... Isn't that a small test market in California?

No we are not certified to sell those...

Oh we are certified.......

Nissan sold 10,000 in the USA already?

Oh ok let's see how much we can charge for this thing..... Come in. And give us a deposit and we will orde one for you.

Online ordering? Website? Leaf journey website? Reservation?

Who do you work for anyway?

$ 500 deposit and we will call you when we get one here............

Reservation? $99 ? 2 years ago?

Look if you want a car we have plenty of versa's come on in!

Edmondleaf - I asked about the software update; One of the local guys said they were certified, could handle orders, and was just waiting on inventory (but shows as not certified on the site) - and I'm waiting for an email response back confirming they can do the software updates. The other called me back instead of emailing, and we chatted a few minutes - they aren't certified, but they're in the process, and expect to be within ~3 months (they're just now getting started), and they confirmed that they'd definitely be able to handle software updates and any other kind of maintenance once the process was completed.

As for allocation and RAQ, from what the dealer told me that's correct: anyone can now RAQ, but the newly launched states just don't have any stock allocated to them yet - so everyone will have to end up waiting for the allocation or buying from an out-of-state dealer; and that's consistent with what I'm seeing in my RAQ as well. Of course, sometimes the info we get from dealerships is not 100% accurate, and it might actually only apply to this region anyway, so I can't vouch for that or anything.

kmp647: I had the whole leaf/lease conversation with the dealership I bought from (in a launch market!) 3-4 times in the course of getting the car in. They were still really good to deal with once I got through to the right person, I just had to learn "the guy who knows about the leaf" and ask for him by name :)

In any case, it's good to finally get this process opened up to everyone. Having some people have to wait a year and a half longer than others who reserved at the same time... well, I've stated my opinion about that repeatedly, and there's no point bringing it up now that it's finally over.

I am not sure if Leaf opening to 50 state is the moment to gauge national demand. Newly opened stated do not have infrastructure and demo cars. As far as deposit holders they already got vehicles or get lost in suspense. Some just have to see to believe, and this may take month or maybe a bit longer,

I'm in Minnesota and we have a dealer that has had a demo for about 6 months, sounds like that may be somewhat unique in the last 21 states.

RAQ has opened up on my dashboard...is there any reason to not fill this out at this time? I am considering waiting for the 2013 model...or at least seeing what the price/changes might be.

So this is what it feels like!

I have no regrets with my '11. Of course always will be something new, and better. Of course 6.6 kWh charger can be tempting, but not sure if this is sure thing for '13. For me what is really missing is something to recharge quickly especially away from home. 3.3 charger not a big obstacle for me because most of the charge is done at night so 6 vs. 3 h is not that important. No time limit to RAQ is no brainier now, because does not make any sense with market open to all.

At least two dealers in my state, which is in the last 21 states, have bought orphans off of ebay from the roll out states. They have had them to test drive. One is a 2011 with no winter package, which seems bad in St. Louis. The dealer did not know about the 2012 having the package. All the certification training was done back when the 2011 was rolling out.

One dealer has it sitting on the showroom floor, not hooking it up to any charger. I believe the manual said you should not let them sit for 14 days or something. They did not get the manual on the ebay buy. I guess this is how Nissan wants to introduce people to EVs, by having one of their dealers brick a car on their showroom floor. :?:

The entire rollout has been such a huge mess from my point of view.

As of right now, deposit no longer needed when establishing new account in order to RAQ. Wonder when Nissan will decide to return our $99, my CC that I use for deposit payment is long gone. Will be great if they will send check just to avoid dealing with CS and simplify process.

Back