50 states Leaf purchase - OPEN TO ALL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kmp647 said:
Ok here's how that goes: hey there is some one on the phone interested in a lease,,,,.....

Ok so put them thru to finance mgr.

No no they want a lease.......

Right what kind of car do they want to lease?

No a leaf.....???.??.

You mean that electri car???.

Yeah that one.........

Ah ....... We don't sell those..... Isn't that a small test market in California?

No we are not certified to sell those...

Oh we are certified.......

Nissan sold 10,000 in the USA already?

Oh ok let's see how much we can charge for this thing..... Come in. And give us a deposit and we will orde one for you.

Online ordering? Website? Leaf journey website? Reservation?

Who do you work for anyway?

$ 500 deposit and we will call you when we get one here............

Reservation? $99 ? 2 years ago?

Look if you want a car we have plenty of versa's come on in!

Now...that's pathetic! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am positive that we are in transition period, my account was open last night, but still no email that I can/should RAQ from Nissan, so I think they will no longer wants us to RAQ and will distribute cars according to their schedule. If I try to RAQ can't do that because my local dealers have no cars allocated. Some states have evse and demos and those will get cars first for regular dealer sale to customers. In my mind big step in general marketing/acceptance of EV by regular customer.

derkraut said:
kmp647 said:
Ok here's how that goes: hey there is some one on the phone interested in a lease,,,,.....

Ok so put them thru to finance mgr.

No no they want a lease.......

Reservation? $99 ? 2 years ago?

Look if you want a car we have plenty of versa's come on in!

Now...that's pathetic! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

That's more than pathetic. It's an embarrassment. I'm sure Nissan/Renault Corporate would be ashamed. They are banking a lot on this car.
You should relay that to some key execs.

EdmondLeaf said:
As of right now, deposit no longer needed when establishing new account in order to RAQ. Wonder when Nissan will decide to return our $99, my CC that I use for deposit payment is long gone. Will be great if they will send check just to avoid dealing with CS and simplify process.
They will likely return your deposit when you cancel your reservation. If you've already got your LEAF, might as well cancel to get your $99 back.

lpickup said:
Hoping that now that all 50 states are open that we'll now see a media/ad blitz for the LEAF!
Of course advertizing have to change/increase reflecting new marketing strategy. Now that Leaf is done with deposit system/RAQ and EV enthusiasts, new strategy is needed to gain market share, wider acceptance, and that is big challenge.

A couple of details to report.

First, because my wife once reserved a test drive, she received an e-mail telling her that ordering for all 50 states (beyond us reservation holders) will open on March 6. So I surmise that my $99 deposit way back when bought me... about a week in line ahead of the throngs to place my order.

Second, as I went through the ordering steps, I was informed that I could not RAQ from my local dealer, even though I had designated them on the very first day. The screen said that they had "exceeded their allotment." :roll: That, of course, is torocaca, because I am the sole reservation holder in this area. What it likely means is that, with only one reservation, Nissan isn't about to give them ANY allotment until they line up more of them. Ergo, I had to designate one of the dealers in Las Vegas regardless, and am now waiting for their reply.

Actually, based on what I'm seeing, I believe Nissan hasn't allotted *any* final-21 state dealers stock yet.

So in other words, if they don't get allocation before open ordering, that $99 reservation bought us absolutely nothing - Sure you can get one from an out-of-state dealer, but that has been easy to do for a while now *without* a reservation.

Thanks for nothing, Nissan! I love my leaf, and Nissan did a great job with the car, but ordering and rollout has been one farkup after another.

defiancecp said:
Actually, based on what I'm seeing, I believe Nissan hasn't allotted *any* final-21 state dealers stock yet.

So in other words, if they don't get allocation before open ordering, that $99 reservation bought us absolutely nothing - Sure you can get one from an out-of-state dealer, but that has been easy to do for a while now *without* a reservation.

Thanks for nothing, Nissan! I love my leaf, and Nissan did a great job with the car, but ordering and rollout has been one farkup after another.
Hmmm. Could be! How 'bout it, you reservation holders in other final-21 states? Could you place an order with your local dealer? Or did your order screen also state that they had "exceeded their allotment"?

My case might be distorting the issue, since the nearest dealers after my local yokels are indeed in a state where ordering was possible since December.

My preferred dealer changed without my knowledge and intervention to Nissan of Mckinney, 3800 S Central Expressway, Mckinney, TX 75069 (214 mileas away) and do not want go back to my OK dealer (10 miles). I see this as suggestion that I should buy from TX if I want in reasonable future, so cars in OK maybe few months away. No evse no demos suggests same. Yes, deposit not required anymore.

I doubt we get a lot of info on that. Nissan will want to sell down on the existing 2012's by this fall

we still dont know if Smyrna is on track.

Normally we would see the first 2013's in october or november

in this case Nissan can run Oppama building 2012's til later in the year than normal if necessary

at some point if Smyrna isnt ready in time they will have to stop the line at oppama and roll it over to make 2013's

it may not be to many changes. all speculation

I see lots of uses for 6.6kw charging. when I arrive home afte rwork with 2 bars, I could top up and be able to take kids to practice in the leaf instead of plugging in and parking for the night and taking the gasser.

kmp647 said:
I see lots of uses for 6.6kw charging. when I arrive home afte rwork with 2 bars, I could top up and be able to take kids to practice in the leaf instead of plugging in and parking for the night and taking the gasser.

If there are just few QC around then problem solved. Of course there is always $ question for this service.

Okay, Last Leaf'ers.

After thinking all day about what may or may not be on the horizon with the Smyrna factory and the 2013 model, I decided to be the guinea pig here, and ordered my Leaf via a dealer in Las Vegas anyway. I have waited long enough to finally be driving on sunshine!

Besides, I figure that, if Nissan announces something truly mouth watering during the 3-to-4 month wait I have ahead of me, I can always cancel the order. That is, after all, how dealers have ended up with "orphans" to sell.

I can report that the dealer's quote stuck to the same MSRP for the vehicle and accessories that the website listed. They will charge me fees of $399.50 for "documentation" and $28.25 for "title transfer," but not the usual $850 "destination charge." Plus, they offered to flatbed my Leaf from Las Vegas to my home over the border free-of-charge. I will, of course, then have to pay taxes and registration in Utah.

Congrats and thanks Yanquetino for taking the plunge! Looks forward to hearing about your experience!

I had a chat with my local dealer today who verified the process, except he thought it would be about a week until we can request a quote. Right now the RAQ will not let me get that far as it tells me I need to pick a different dealer because my preferred dealer is out of allocation.

They have been advised that there will be 90-120 days between ordering and delivery. Assuming an order made in early March, this means delivery in June/July. In my mind the question will be what if anything will we know about the 2013 model at this time? I like the idea of placing an order for a 2012 now with the idea that one could cancel the order when it arrives if it looks like the 2013 will be better in one way or another.

That said, I am still somewhat undecided on whether I will pull the trigger on a 2012 or not.

According to Jocelyn Cash at Nissan we are not quite at the point where everyone can order a LEAF.
"all remaining United States will be able to reserve and place their order for the Nissan LEAF effective 3/12/2012."

scottwilcox said:
According to Jocelyn Cash at Nissan we are not quite at the point where everyone can order a LEAF.
"all remaining United States will be able to reserve and place their order for the Nissan LEAF effective 3/12/2012."

This sounds consistent with what my dealer was telling me. After waiting since day 1 what's another couple of weeks?

I have been waiting from day 1 as well. I am thinking maybe I might as well wait for the 2013 to see if the 6.6 kw charger is real.

Yanquetino you are our leader, what color did you order? Buying time option at this point of time seems very reasonable, hopefully by the time of delivery we will know more about '13 and bigger charger. RAQ system after sale open to all is disappointing, because Leaf is and will be a car that is custom build to order. I think Nissan should bring demo and one car for sale to newly opened dealers to show people what Leaf really is, after all they want all people to buy it.

FWIW they refunded my $99 automatically after I bought the car. As I recall they sent an email notifying me they would. I didn't have to ask for it; they just credited it to my card.

Back