50 states Leaf purchase - OPEN TO ALL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EdmondLeaf said:
Yanquetino - first proud owner from " Forgotten 22". First official Utah delivery. CONGRATS

my_new_leaf_01b.jpg

Hey, I am in Utah, and had my Leaf since the end of January. But I had it shipped from another state :)

tcherniaev said:
Hey, I am in Utah, and had my Leaf since the end of January. But I had it shipped from another state :)
Right. And there are a half dozen more who shipped "orphans" in from out-of-state. But mine was the first Leaf in Utah (to repeat) officially delivered by Nissan.

Mark, your red carpet treatment is fully deserved, and it is great to know that NNA is reading this forum. We all happy for you.

Yanquetino said:
tcherniaev said:
Right. And there are a half dozen more who shipped "orphans" in from out-of-state. But mine was the first Leaf in Utah (to repeat) officially delivered by Nissan.

Yanquentino,
Read your web page yesterday and that is a nice write up. Any thoughts on how to electrify the I-15 corridor ?

I would love to be able to do a Leaf road trip to red rock country. I need to get out of the smog here in salt lake county.

KJD

KJD said:
Yanquentino,
Read your web page yesterday and that is a nice write up. Any thoughts on how to electrify the I-15 corridor ?

I would love to be able to do a Leaf road trip to red rock country. I need to get out of the smog here in salt lake county.

KJD
Thanks! As for installing a charging infrastructure along the I-15 corridor, my gut reaction tells me it will happen when swine are winging overhead. Since the highway system belongs to the government, and our state officials are notoriously reticent about embracing the EV movement, I can't imagine they will change their tune in the near future. At least not until there are hundreds if not thousands of EV owners clamoring for public charging.

What is needed, obviously, is a system of quick chargers about every 25 to 40 miles, similar to what Oregon is doing with I-5. To travel from SLC to St. George (300 miles), would require about a dozen of them. If they were all Nissan's sub-$10,000 units, the equipment alone would cost $120,000. That actually seems pretty reasonable to me, but... who will foot the bill? The Utah government? EV OEMs? Municipalities along the freeway? EV owners via road tax fees? Private companies like eVgo that limit the service to their own subscribers? Maybe... "all the above"?

Still, we can start writing letters, sending e-mails, meeting with those in power, organizing and consolidating our efforts.

For right now, I'm going to concentrate on trying to get some charging infrastructure installed to allow EV access to the national parks down here. I figure that Enterprise Rental Car would be interested in the idea, since they apparently are acquiring a significant number of Leafs for their rental fleet nationwide.

I'm open to suggestions!

Nissan LEAF™ no longer requires a $99 reservation fee. if you paid a $99 reservation fee, it will be automatically refunded in 6-8 weeks.
http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car

Looks like all 20,000 of original deposit holders are processed. Nissan is dropping deposit, but should also drop RAQ and assessment all together and probably will (about time). My CC no longer available for more than year, how they going to refund my $99 deposit that I paid in April 2011?

EdmondLeaf said:
Nissan LEAF™ no longer requires a $99 reservation fee. if you paid a $99 reservation fee, it will be automatically refunded in 6-8 weeks.

Looks like all 20,000 of original deposit holders are processed. Nissan is dropping deposit, but should also drop RAQ and assessment all together and probably will (about time). My CC no longer available for more than year, how they going to refund my $99 deposit that I paid in April 2011?
Nissan refunded my $99 deposit one week after I took delivery. I assume this has been the case for most early adopters...?

Yanquetino said:
EdmondLeaf said:

Nissan refunded my $99 deposit one week after I took delivery. I assume this has been the case for most early adopters...?

I got an email from Nissan last week saying they had refunded my $99. I took delivery on the 2nd of April.

Now they refunding all RAQ or no RAQ/delivery. Talked to CS looks like they already trying to refund to my non existing CC, so it may take longer for check to arrive to address on file (other option).

Nissan really wants me to order another one. Got that just a while ago but not sure why?
You can now request a quote* from your local Nissan Dealer and place an order for your Nissan LEAF. As part of the online quote process, you will be asked to take a couple of minutes to address your home charging needs.

Estimated arrival of your vehicle will vary. Some dealers have units in stock, so check with them regarding availability. Orders not purchased from dealer stock will be built to your specifications and shipped to the dealership. Information regarding your vehicle, including delivery timing, will be provided on your "my account" screen after you complete your order.

I too had killed the CC with the deposit - but when they (the CC company) got the refund I just had to call them up to send me a check for the credit balance, which arrived a week or so later. May be an option for you.

Nissan CS told me that looks like they sent refund to my RIP CC before I call them. I will call CS within few weeks if no check

EvansvilleLeaf said:
I too had killed the CC with the deposit - but when they (the CC company) got the refund I just had to call them up to send me a check for the credit balance, which arrived a week or so later. May be an option for you.

EdmondLeaf said:

Got an email today from Nissan:
(My first name),

Thank you for reserving a Nissan LEAF™. Nissan is no longer requiring the $99 reservation fee to purchase the Nissan LEAF™, so your $99 will be refunded to you automatically within 6-8 weeks. No action is required on your part. You can still build and order a Nissan LEAF™ online by logging in to your account. Plus, you can now see it for yourself, as dealers will begin having the Nissan LEAF™ on the lot for you to test-drive and purchase right there.

If you have any questions, please call us at 877-NO-GAS-EV, e-mail [email protected] or join the Nissan LEAF™ live chat.

Order your Nissan LEAF™ now
I don't have a Leaf yet. Long story... (that many of you have already heard)

After 2 years and 11 days I received check from Nissan for $99 deposit, because they refund all now. I did not RAQ, or use deposit in any shape or form, and wonder maybe I should keep the check as collectible item. Check have Nissan Leaf logo on it.

defiancecp said:
Woohoo! Just drove my North Point Nissan in Little Rock, they've got a leaf on the lot displayed prominently :)
Sah weet! Funny how some dealers have none ... while others (often those who gouge/charege premium) may have as many as a dozen.

very interesting in OKC, dealer regular stock Leaf arrived earlier than RAQ from 2010 deposit holder (yesterday vs now May 27)

Back