50 states Leaf purchase - OPEN TO ALL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EdmondLeaf said:
Yanquetino you are our leader, what color did you order? Buying time option at this point of time seems very reasonable, hopefully by the time of delivery we will know more about '13 and bigger charger. RAQ system after sale open to all is disappointing, because Leaf is and will be a car that is custom build to order. I think Nissan should bring demo and one car for sale to newly opened dealers to show people what Leaf really is, after all they want all people to buy it.
Heh. Don't know 'bout "leader." Like I said: guinea pig. But that's okay: somebody's gotta do it. :D I stuck with my original color choice: Glacier Pearl. Although I like red or blue, white is more practical in this hot desert. I have a black Subaru Outback, and you could bake bread in it in the summer. Also, I discovered to my surprise years ago, when I owned a white Corolla, that the color stays the cleanest of all. And as gorgeous as black is when newly washed... after two blocks down the street it looks filthy again. :?

Yeah, I think Nissan does encourage dealers (in rollout areas) to keep one, even two, demos on the lot. I know that all four dealers in Las Vegas have them right now. We'll see how long it takes for those in the last states to acquire them.

Someone told me that if you buy black car you should also buy car wash business too, I think that make a lot of sense.

With demo maybe I am inpatient, but Nissan had plenty of time for national roll out preparation. I think I test Volt at local dealer in Oct 2011. Sure relocating cars from other states is not possible, because they are owned by dealers not Nissan. Just wait and see how we progressing here.

Here's a curious twist on the nationwide ordering. If tweeters click on @NissanLEAF's link, it brings up the usual "how to buy a Leaf" video page, but states this at the bottom:
Nissan LEAF™ is available in US markets nationwide**.

**Alaska and Wyoming residents, please call 1-877-NO GAS EV (664-2738) for help with your order.
I can imagine why Alaska orders might require special handling, but... Wyoming? That's odd. I wonder what's up with that...? :?: Maybe Nissan hasn't designed a gun rack accessory for the Leaf yet, like Gingrich's criticism of the Volt in Oklahoma...? :lol:

Yanquetino said:
Maybe Nissan hasn't designed a gun rack accessory for the Leaf yet, like Gingrich's criticism of the Volt in Oklahoma...? :lol:
I heard about that, but thought that was elsewhere, OK again. I will make gun rack (after FL Volt owner specs) to prove is possible. I am not into politics but heard other day that Santorum is leader here. Looks like Gingrich remarks didn't work very well

No Leaf certified dealer in WY

Yanquetino said:
I'll post after I have ordered. Gotta hassle my local dealership first, as they have not exactly been friendly or interested in my business so far. If they don't change their tune now that I can RAQ, I just might have to designate a different dealer in Las Vegas instead.
I had what appears to be a similar experience with 2 of the closest dealers to me over the past year before orders were opened in my state. They showed as Leaf Certified on the Nissan web site, so I wrote to both asking if they were preparing to sell the Leaf. One, the closest to me, which I initially designated as my Preferred Dealer, did not respond at all. The other, which I had switched to become my Preferred Dealer, initially responded with a generic e-mail that did not mention the Leaf and did not respond at all to my subsequent e-mails in which I emphasized that I was interested in the Leaf.

When orders opened in a neighboring state I found 2 dealers within Leaf-range that were certified. The first one that I contacted told me that it could not sell to me, even if I gave an address in that state, and did not follow up thereafter. The second one that I contacted told me the same, but they did continue to follow up and invited me in for a test drive. They continued to follow up from time to time, not pushy, and I did eventually go there for a test drive.

Is there any need to say which of the 4 dealerships is now my Preferred Dealer? :)

Yodrak, there are salesmen that know better than you what you want and need. Once you know more details about your RAQ share with us please.

scottwilcox said:
At least two dealers in my state, which is in the last 21 states, have bought orphans off of ebay from the roll out states. They have had them to test drive. One is a 2011 with no winter package, which seems bad in St. Louis. The dealer did not know about the 2012 having the package. All the certification training was done back when the 2011 was rolling out.

One dealer has it sitting on the showroom floor, not hooking it up to any charger.

Interesting. As I've posted elsewhere in this thread, I've had disappointing responses from two St Louis Nissan dealers with regard to the Leaf. A few months ago I walked into one of those dealers' showrooms and they had no Leaf. Also no available salesperson with whom I could speak.

I've had a good experience thus far with the Nissan dealer across the river in IL, I've designated them as my Preferred Dealer and last night (Feb 29) used my reservation on the Nissan web site to request a quote from them.

defiancecp said:
One of my local dealers showed up on the RAQ screen as having allocated stock as of today.
same here, also email from Nissan, just now

We have some exciting news! You can now request a quote from your local EV Certified Nissan Dealer*. You've been waiting to order, and now you can be one of the first in your state to drive the new 2012 Nissan LEAF™.

What's new for the 2012 Nissan LEAF? Now the most popular optional equipment on the 2011 model is standard on the 2012.

Standard equipment includes a battery heater for cold-weather operation, heated outside mirrors, heated steering wheel, heated front and rear seats and rear HVAC duct. The Quick Charge Port is also added as standard equipment on the Nissan LEAF SL model.

On top of all that, the Nissan LEAF's 100% electric, zero-emission drive system is included on Ward's prestigious 10 Best Engines list for 2011. It is the first time in the 17-year history of the magazine's 10 Best Engines that the selection committee has chosen a power system that doesn't have an engine and will never burn a drop of gasoline.

The 2012 Nissan LEAF is available starting at $379 a month/36-month lease ($2,599 initial payment – excludes tax, title and license)**.

Information about your vehicle's estimated arrival at your local dealer will be provided as you complete the online order process.

Yep...I also just got the email and confirmed I can request a quote (walked through the process all the way to 'submit'.

Now, decisions....

1. Put off the process until MY13 info is available
2. Plow ahead with the RAQ...and if so,
3. Lease or Buy? I had always thought that I would be buying but are having second thoughts now. What's everyone else thinking? I will probably spend some quality time tonight going through older threads on this subject.

I am not sure when the last state will be allowed to place reservations, but in Missouri Nissan has said it will be as early as March 16th. I assume all the remaining 21 states will be allowed by the end of March like Nissan has said.

2010 deposit holders can/did RAQ from yesterday. To my best knowledge 4 people from MNL did that. New people, will be allowed after March 6, according to email that I got 2 d ago. Looks like many dealers not getting on Leaf wagon. In OK 6 not, 3 yes.

Pipemajor was included as RAQ person count, so we still @ 4 MNL members to hit "Submit". What I am thinking is to RAQ to bring car to OKC area, if no one do that than we may not get car for long time, what do you think?

2 months, 3 months?? WTF!!

sold 500 Leafs in Feb, people saying EVs will fail (which just fuels the negativity!)

and we have Cars sitting on the lots all over the West and you have to wait till April??

we dont have a supply problem, its a distribution problem!

DaveinOlyWA said:
2 months, 3 months?? WTF!!

sold 500 Leafs in Feb, people saying EVs will fail (which just fuels the negativity!)

and we have Cars sitting on the lots all over the West and you have to wait till April??

we dont have a supply problem, its a distribution problem!
This is because of the roll-out. Give it another 6 - 8 months and we'll have cars on lots all over the country, actually a good thing, because it means car buyers everywhere in the US will finally be able to buy a LEAF off the lot, which is really the first step to acceptance of the LEAF by many car buyers who are intimidated by the reservation and ordering process.

people can by a Volt off the dealers lot all over the US and they bought 1023 in Feb

it is a problem for a bit with distribution

some cars sitting on dealers lots with no buyers while people wait in other states, no cars

tps said:
This is because of the roll-out. Give it another 6 - 8 months and we'll have cars on lots all over the country, actually a good thing, because it means car buyers everywhere in the US will finally be able to buy a LEAF off the lot, which is really the first step to acceptance of the LEAF by many car buyers who are intimidated by the reservation and ordering process.
True! And having demos on dealer lots will prove the most effective tool of all to increase interest and demand. Nothing sells the Leaf better than actually seeing, touching, driving one. In the vast majority of cases, consumers come away amazed with what an incredible car it is. As my skeptical father-in-law said when I finally got him to take a ride in one: "This sure is no golf cart, is it?!"

Back