50 states Leaf purchase - OPEN TO ALL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dealers in northern va have had demos since october , november

what we are seeing is the end of the early adopter aquisition period......that rush is over and now inventory will build as it did with the Volt

what comes next is ? who knows , but most americans think electric cars are nutty and make little sense.

maybe when gas peaks out again this summer at $$$ whatever high price in your area, a few more will jump on

I think it will take an electric CUV to get many to purchase

Nissan could take the Leaf powertrain, pump it up a bit and drop it in a Rogue or something?

As expected some deposit holders here simply bought another vehicle, difficult to plan with 2 years wait time. Dealer closest to my place do not have any RAQ, people simply bought Volt's that was available 4 mo ago, or another car. Other dealer have 2 RAQ and EVSE installed they expect to get demo within 30 d.

The dealer I am working with in Minneapolis says they have had 'a lot' of RAQ's, but this was from a salesperson you admittedly did not know a whole lot. Sometime this week I hope to pin down the guy that does seem to have all this info.

Nissan gave me some great news yesterday. There is apparently a Leaf that matches my order already at the port in L.A. If all goes well, it will be delivered to my home in about two weeks. I am ecstatic! :D

Mark, congrats, you getting red carpet treatment. I was hoping that Nissan will do that, try to much cars they already have here. They will probably do that for other "forgotten states" too. That is smart decision, unfortunately to late for some that already bought another car while waiting so long for this day. Hopefully they will be back after few years to buy pure EV. Did you dust your AV Nissan evse already?

edit:

Hurry up 2010 deposit holders, RAQ for all starts today.

lets all hope that the 478 for Leaf sales in Feb is the low for the year

i would bet March sees higher sales # in the USA than 478. how much higher who knows but Nissan sell more in march april and May than 478 per mo

EdmondLeaf said:
Did you dust your AV Nissan evse already?
Heh. Yup, cleaned up the "groj" yesterday. Now nice and shiny to receive an even nicer and shinier new Leaf.

Yes, I think you're right that Nissan is now trying to go the extra mile to accommodate long-time reservation holders in the last tier, knowing fully well how long we have been waiting to order. Such empathy, support, and consideration certainly earns my loyalty in return!

After ignoring you for almost two years while delivering cars to people that ordered a year after you - that's all it takes? :p

Nissan made a great car, but for those of us last-21'ers who ordered nearly day 1, they completely jerked us around. Those two facts will both factor into my next buying decision. Might mean I end up with a nissan, might not, but if so it certainly won't be out of any form of loyalty. They had the opportunity to earn my loyalty - and as much as I love this car, it wouldn't have taken much - and they didn't bother.

From what I have been reading here (on this forum), many have been very frustrated by the changing of estimated delevery dates. Just try to keep it in your mind that these are estimates not promiss dates cast in concrete.

I just ordered my LEAF last Saturday and the web site still says pending for me. I do expect it to be that way for several months and I don't expect to have an accurate date for quite a while. I think the dealer might have a better idea of a date but not until the car is very close to delivery to them. Many folks say the wait is well worth it once they are in their LEAF!

This is what I got yesterday after setting new account 3 days ago. Wonder what they still wants refundable $99
reservation fee?
We are excited to let you know that you can be among
the first in your market to reserve and order the 2012 Nissan LEAF™, available starting
at $369 a month/36-month lease ($2,599 initial payment - excludes tax, title and license).*

to reserve your Nissan LEAF™, simply click on the link below to pay a fully refundable $99
reservation fee. once we receive your reservation, you can then immediately request a quote**
from your local Nissan Dealer and place an order for you Nissan LEAF™.

They are already demos in OK. Dealer offered $100 referral bonus. My closest dealer have no RAQ. Volt was available here 6 mo ago. Only one dealer have evse installed

I can confirm North Point Nissan in little rock has a large array of chargers (I think 6? a lot more than the 1-2 I expected anyway), and was very excited to get a look at my leaf. They handled the software update with no problem. They weren't sure when they would get a demo leaf in, but they seemed very eager to have people start using their chargers (though I believe they chain off their lot after hours, so I'm guessing that only applies to while they are open).

Yanquetino - first proud owner from " Forgotten 22". First official Utah delivery. CONGRATS

my_new_leaf_01b.jpg

EdmondLeaf said:
Yanquetino - first proud owner from " Forgotten 22". First official Utah delivery. CONGRATS
Heh. Thanks, EdmondLeaf for the re-post! I sure am loving this car!

Other EV advocates to whom I've sent a few photos tell me that my Leaf's "Glacier Pearl" color looks stunning in this red rock desert. I'd have to agree! Besides... the white matches its Santa Claus wannabe owner. Christmas came early this year! :lol:

(click to enlarge)

Mark, stunning is correct, I love your pictures. I have a challenge for you. That is what I done yesterday charging to 80%
img9208j.jpg

EdmondLeaf said:
Mark, stunning is correct, I love your pictures. I have a challenge for you. That is what I done yesterday charging to 80%
Wow! :shock: I am impressed! I've only driven a couple hundred miles in mine so far, averaging 5.2 miles/kWh. I doubt I'll ever beat that kind of efficiency!

But I'll have fun trying! ;)

It is fun, and great to know that 100 miles is possible from 80%, all because knowledge from here. 5.2 is great and my starting point so from there only better

Back