OMG Carwings !!!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gudy

I had not used the dashboard since I got my car, and only played with the iphone app.
Today, to see what the dashboard looked like after delivery of the car, I logged into carwings ....

I haven't had time to look at all the pages yet, but there's a LOT of information there.

Here's a small teaser :
screenshot20101218at546.png

No idea when I'll find time to go over all the screens ...

Whats up with so many # of trips ? Are they counting each traffic light stop as a separate trip ?

Each on / off counts as a trip I think.
They should filter these I guess, but they may not have thought about it ;)
I'd shown the car to a lot of people ...

And while my commute is only 20 miles / day, you'll notice that I've been driving way more (yes, the car is that good) ;)

walterbays said:
How can you be ranked #3 if you own the only leaf in northern California, and one of two in California?

Gudy's #1 from Dec 11 thru the 16th, so maybe the overall score includes test cars Nissan connected to carwings?

AndyH said:
walterbays said:
How can you be ranked #3 if you own the only leaf in northern California, and one of two in California?

Gudy's #1 from Dec 11 thru the 16th, so maybe the overall score includes test cars Nissan connected to carwings?
Region could be US.

No way we can differentiate between 1 & 3 in that graph.

This is an amazing amount of data we can use. I had no idea Carwings would include all of this info. This new car is turn in to quite a project. I might have to retire from teaching just so I have enough time to play with all its toys.

Actually, when you turn the car on, you have to click "ok" on the home screen.
I never read the text, so I always assumed it was the usual legal stuff about not using the touch screen while driving.
.... nope ...
it's the legal text which lets you know that by clicking "ok" you agree to let the car upload all the information it wants to carwings.

Anyway, I'm fine uploading my info there, it helps Nissan, and I get a bunch of good looking stats :)

I've almost already saved my weight in CO2 emissions ... I must say that even if it's stupid, it makes me feel good :)

OMG!! i cant even begin to tell you how badly techies at priuschat want something EXACTLY like this!!

up until today, the plan was tolerate carwings for the free 3 years then say goodbye. i do not feel that way anymore. i would pay plenty for data like this!! heck, i paid over $700 for monitoring equipment for my Prius and it is quite simply a child's toy compared to the information Carwings has.

DaveinOlyWA said:
OMG!! i cant even begin to tell you how badly techies at priuschat want something EXACTLY like this!!

up until today, the plan was tolerate carwings for the free 3 years then say goodbye. i do not feel that way anymore. i would pay plenty for data like this!! heck, i paid over $700 for monitoring equipment for my Prius and it is quite simply a child's toy compared to the information Carwings has.

Yep, Japanese technologists are VERY INTELLIGENT people and we are VERY fortunate to receive this technology such as Carwings! :D

Driving the way gudy has been driving, being ranked 3rd, I'll have no trouble at all being #1! Bring 'em on! :lol: :mrgreen:

gudy said:
I've almost already saved my weight in CO2 emissions ... I must say that even if it's stupid, it makes me feel good :)

One of the things that really impresses me is the little mind games the car plays with the driver to get them to drive more efficiently. I didn't think they'd escalate it to full psychological warfare, though.
=Smidge=

Back