OMG Carwings !!!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if carwings would work if you did not have cellphone signal at the beginning or destination of your journey (I don't have cell signal at work). I hope it stores the data on-board and uploads it later.

So I've been showing all my "car buddies" the screen shots and how cool it is (Thanks gudy!). Most of them are sports car oriented...here's one one guy had to say..

Yeah thats much more rad than seeing who can dust who at a stoplight, at the dragstrip, or around a track. (eye roll)

Do they have a utility for who can drive the slowest in the left lane before someone puts a bullet into the car?

I thought it was funny. Obviously he doesn't 'get' it...

Perhaps that is what the "comments" field at the bottom of the screen is for?

Is there a screen to see charging location facilities and status?

Is there a screen for updating the status or condition of the charging location/station that you are at, using, or have found?

Do they have a way to report that the e-hose has been stolen? (Thanks to our "standards" guys, the typical EVSE cannot detect that!)

Electric Rate Simulation:

Probably lets you set the parameters for estimating what the used (charging) electricity would cost you.

Of course, it is usually impossible to make an accurate calculation, because the actual cost depends upon total monthly usage, TOU, etc.

But, one can guess.

Take a look at this (now stickied) thread. Has a lot of carwings info.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1742

Wow.. AWSOME! now i want the LEAF even moooore!!! I love statistics!! ;) .. The thing that i can see driven distance every day and power consumption and all this is superb! :)

dhitchtx said:
Can you download the Carwings data to your computer?

u VIEW it on your computer, so sure i would guess you can. i am guessing what your car displays would be an exact copy of what you access from the carwings website. it does provide remote control options

Engadget picked up this thread.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/26/nissan-leaf-rates-you-against-other-drivers-creates-a-high-scor/

turbo2ltr said:
Engadget picked up this thread.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/26/nissan-leaf-rates-you-against-other-drivers-creates-a-high-scor/

Hehe.. Seems to be a lot of people secretly reading on this forum... :)
Better be careful about what is said here... ;)

taztaz said:
Hehe.. Seems to be a lot of people secretly reading on this forum... :)
Better be careful about what is said here... ;)
They picked it vie ABG.

But the funny thing is - they are concentrating on rating & rankings. To me the import thing in the history of trips and miles/kwh.

evnow said:
But the funny thing is - they are concentrating on rating & rankings. To me the import thing in the history of trips and miles/kwh.

Not for me....I'm ready for the competition. As another member put it: "let the games begin!" :p

ecoobsessive said:
evnow said:

Not for me....I'm ready for the competition. As another member put it: "let the games begin!" :p

The ranking is good to get all the drivers aware of how they drive.. We will gain a lot of eco driving because of that i believe :) But yes, as you say.. the important stuff are the kw/100km history.. :)

ecoobsessive said:
Well, few would be able to beat me. Given the temperate climate and mostly city roads I drive on :twisted:

Oh yeah? I'm going to jack the front wheels off the ground and set the cruise, we'll see who gets the best mileage! :twisted: :lol:

Back