Your car is f***ing gay!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aarond12 said:
gatedad11 said:
Most people would probably agree that the Mitsubishi I-MiEV is a goofy looking car.
As an i-MiEV driver, I would like to interject. Every woman who has seen my car thinks it's cute. Every man who has seen my car thinks it's kinda gay. My manhood is not dependent on the vehicle I drive, so I really don't care what others think.

Yup. And I never quite understood why I'd concern myself with another man's estimate of my sexuality. Unless we were both gay...

Nubo said:
And I never quite understood why I'd concern myself with another man's estimate of my sexuality.
Precisely. Which is why I could easily resist the disparaging remarks from 'guys' towards my girly red convertible ... the girls who occupied the passenger seat (more often that males!) at various times in my ownership of it only ever had positive remarks to make about it! ;)

So the response to aggressive males is simple;
"Your car's gay."
"Thanks! Have a nice day, now!"
end of 'dialogue'. :D

LOL. These responses are just too funny!

This just happened to me.

I traded in my 15-year-old truck for a new Lease on a 2014 SL. I really like the LEAF. Beautiful car, if you ask me. The gas savings alone nearly make up for the entire lease payment. Never thought I might own one. I really don't fit the stereotypical demographic. Pickups, big dogs, guns, football, drink beer, love my wife, three big sons.

I wasn't surprised when upon asking my goofy brother about the excellent Lease offer I saw on a Nissan LEAF, my brother went through the usual reasons why NOT to get one. It sounded as though he read the "10 things to say why not to buy a LEAF" book:
1) They're impractical;
2) The range is too limited;
3) The battery will explode 1 day after the warranty expires;
4) They're not ready for daily use;
5) A diesel is sooooo much better;

Mind you, he drives a 16 year old rustbucket, because every car he's had he either neglected to the point of killing it or he wrecked. I had a spreadsheet with all the expenses and payments clearly defined, that told me it was a fantastic idea to Lease. He told me nothing new, and nothing interesting.

He got all defensive when I asked why HE doesn't drive a Diesel, if they're so great.

Finally, he pulled out the only weapon left in his arsenal:
"Your nephews may put 'you're gay' stickers on your car"

I retorted:
"Yeah? Well, your nephews may put 'I have my wife do my oil changes, because I'm an imbecile' stickers on your car." (which, by the way, is true: if he ever touched any tools, he'd hurt himself or break something).

That knife cuts two ways, I suppose.

We haven't spoken since.

You paint an interesting picture of what passes for family life in Texas, kipp! :lol:

kubel said:
Picked up my car Thursday night. I got my first random stranger comment today. I was parked enjoying an ice cream. He's behind me leaving the parking lot. He stops. Stares at the car for about 5 seconds trying to figure out wtf it is. I think maybe he saw the world car sticker on the back window (I never took it off) and thought I was being boastful or something and felt he should put me in my place. He pulls his car around and yells, "Your car is f***ing gay!" and then drives off before I could retort with "nice Cavalier". His car backfired as he tried unsuccessfully to do a burn out while leaving, which just made it even more hilarious. :)

I had a similar experience a few weeks ago. I have had my 2013 for over a year.... I heard all kinds of commets before... but it wasnt until recently when a 2005 Explorer full of teens pulled up at a stoplight and one of them shouted 'Gay Car!' as they drove off turning left. I just smiled... it probably took that poor kid 6+ hours flipping burgers to make enough money to fill that explorer up - joke's on him!

Kipp said:
I really don't fit the stereotypical demographic. ...love my wife, three big sons...

Definitely not like typical LEAF drivers who don't really care for their spouses, and have undersized children. :lol:

JK. :) Welcome to the fold.

why would anyone pay any sort of attention to a person who would make such moronic comments?
they and their opinions are useless and irrelevant

Back