New Leaf unplugged my Volt today!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it could've been worse. Last March my 6-day-old LEAF was keyed by the driver of another LEAF who confused my car for one which frequently tied up a particular L2 EVSE all day. Even though there was strong circumstantial evidence pointing to a certain individual, the security camera footage was too blurry to positively identify her. So I'm still out the $500 deductible on my insurance.

A few months later I saw the suspect's car charging elsewhere and left her a note custom-tailored for the Bible Belt:

"The repairs to my keyed LEAF came to $666. Tell that to your preacher and see what he says!"

Haven't seen hide nor hair of her since...

I think in 5 years this will all be irrelevant. I think in 10 years we will joke about these years of limited range and limited chargers.

we will have 300+ mile range EV's and 30 minutes quick chargers and probably 5 minutes booster chargers at "gas stations" as another "pump" plug in go get a coffee when you come out you got 20 or 40% or whatever.

it is going to be interesting to see this evolve over time.

nerys said:
I think in 5 years this will all be irrelevant. I think in 10 years we will joke about these years of limited range and limited chargers.

we will have 300+ mile range EV's and 30 minutes quick chargers and probably 5 minutes booster chargers at "gas stations" as another "pump" plug in go get a coffee when you come out you got 20 or 40% or whatever.

Agreed. "Forsan et haec olim meminisse juvabit!" ;-)

nerys said:

And they will somehow cost as much to drive as gas by then...I bet due to taxes for road maintenance, which the govt isn't getting from us through gasoline taxes.

beachfitrob said:
nerys said:

And they will somehow cost as much to drive as gas by then...I bet due to taxes for road maintenance, which the govt isn't getting from us through gasoline taxes.
As of right now, the majority of the roads we can't drive anyway due to range and lack of charging facilities, so I don't feel upset not paying road maintenance taxes. When the time comes a fair way would be to add cost to registration fees in conjunction with each EV's capacity.

Back