Vanity License Plates ideas???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mark13 said:
I like PASSGAS :lol: Thats going on my want list .. #1 IPASGAS #2 PASSGAS #3 NOGAS #4 NOGASS #5 NOGASSS I guess I can not pre- order the plates until the car actually comes April 12th cough cough..
In California you can order vanity plates from the DMV (online) without having a car. You just need to pony up the $49 (or 98 if you want the special ones). Many on MNL forum have done that. I ordered mine 5 weeks ago and they should arrive the same time as the LEAF. But today my dealer said that he'd have to register my new LEAF anyway and I could just trade the "sequential" plates for the vanity plates when the former arrive.

After seeing my dash change to week of 5/13 today, maybe a fitting one will be:

FINALLY :lol: :roll:

mwalsh said:
mwalsh said:
bye_oil.jpg

Well, I guess it had to happen sooner or later....that some semi-literate idiot would call me out as being an oil company shill because he didn't understand the difference between "buy" and "bye". :roll:
I ordered "BBYE OIL" for my Leaf, and have already had some friends interpret it as "Baby Oil". I suppose some may see "BUY" but that's why I wanted the extra "B" in front... but one suggested that I might put an apostrophe between the two Bs to further emphasize that it's "BUH-BYE". :)

gascant said:
But today my dealer said that he'd have to register my new LEAF anyway and I could just trade the "sequential" plates for the vanity plates when the former arrive.

Not true. You can walk in the DMV (I just did this on a new Infiniti car) with a DMV bill of sale from the dealer, your plates that you want to assign to the LEAF, and a check (or not... if you don't pay, your registration will say "incomplete" until your dealer sends them the money).

Anyway, it can be done, and I'll do it when I get my LEAF shortly. I'll have the plates on it by the end of day one.

TonyWilliams said:
gascant said:
But today my dealer said that he'd have to register my new LEAF anyway and I could just trade the "sequential" plates for the vanity plates when the former arrive.

Not true. You can walk in the DMV (I just did this on a new Infiniti car) with a DMV bill of sale from the dealer, your plates that you want to assign to the LEAF, and a check (or not... if you don't pay, your registration will say "incomplete" until your dealer sends them the money).

Anyway, it can be done, and I'll do it when I get my LEAF shortly. I'll have the plates on it by the end of day one.
Ahhhhh, if only I had the vanity plates already. Although, at the pace at which LEAF deliveries are going, they might just be waiting at the DMV on D day. :lol:

Just ordered mine this morning:

PLGMEIN

In the meantime, the pretty blue plate looks great on her bumper...

I went down to DMV for my IPASGAS plate and they said I had to wait for the official paper work to come in the mail :(

Reserved "(heart)2 REGEN" with the CA kids plate. Had to get in order to use the heart symbol.

The forum doesnt support the heart smiley i guess.

How about "LYTNING"? Works if you drive fast.
"BYBY OIL"
"(heart) AMPS"
"(heart) VOLTS"
"HI VLTGE"
"(heart) SPARKY"
"LECTRIK"
"LEKTRIK"
"ELECTRK"
"LOTSA KW"
"REDY KW" :idea:
"REDDY KW"
"NUKE PWR" For peeple near atomic power plants :mrgreen:
"SUN 2 KW" For solar panel rechargers
"KILOWAT"
"BIG BATT"
"PWR CORD"
"LEEF JOY"
"AM GREEN"
"CLEENER"
"KLEENER"
"LECTRON"
"LEKTRUN"
"TRKL CHG"
"GAS NOT"
"NOT GASY"
"GASLSS"
"GASLYT" (A nod to Boyer, Bergman, Cotten, Lansbury)
Gregg

Mines all ready, now i need the Car :)

file.php

Cool thing in Californian you can get it online and before owning the car..
You don't even need a car for a Vanity plate they just charge you for the plate every year.
So Get it while you can!

My wife and I decided on "ZRO OIL" -

ZaW.png

On my previous car, a Prius, we had "EZ ONOIL", so this was a natural transition. Now Boardwalk and Brendon, please let me pick up my Leaf this week!

Back