Vanity License Plates ideas???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jcesare said:
I wish California had an alternate fuel plate instead of the ugly stickers.
The only downside to this plate is it's a "printed" plate. I have no idea what they are doing in other states, but in AZ the plates used to be "pressed" (so the letters/numbers stick out), but now they are printed. The funny thing is when I registered the Leaf they gave me a regular alt-fuel plate that is pressed. I like the pressed so much I almost didn't go with the personalized plate.

OK, I'm still confused. Took delivery on the LEAF on May 13th and PD submitted registration for the car to CA DMV. This past Saturday (5/21), I get "the card" from the DMV saying my vanity plates are in. Can I pick up my vanity plates if I bring the bill of sale and/or copy of registration application? Or do I need to have the sequential plates in hand before going to get the vanity plates?

gascant said:
OK, I'm still confused. Took delivery on the LEAF on May 13th and PD submitted registration for the car to CA DMV. This past Saturday (5/21), I get "the card" from the DMV saying my vanity plates are in. Can I pick up my vanity plates if I bring the bill of sale and/or copy of registration application? Or do I need to have the sequential plates in hand before going to get the vanity plates?

The quick answer is you'll have to wait.

If you already had the vanity plates (transferred from another car), then you would have strolled down to DMV on the day you took delivery with the Bill of Sale and application for registration form (originals only) and a check for the fees, you'd be in business.

If you paid the dealer the fees (who will eventually pay DMV), they will still issue a registration with "incomplete" on it (for lack of fees paid by you at the time of the transaction).

Good luck. Oh, and don't try and do this at AAA. You need to go to a real DMV.

Our LEAF soon will have a personalized license plate (my avatar).

Relief from foreign oil, high carbon footprint, etc.

Also, REE is an old nickname from college days plus LEAF.

As you would expect, it is on the environmental plate background.

Rick

TonyWilliams said:
gascant said:

The quick answer is you'll have to wait.
Then that is what I shall do. Looks like sequential plate deliveries are running at 4-5 weeks, so I only have another 2-3 to wait. DMV will hold the vanity plates through that period.

gascant said:
Then that is what I shall do. Looks like sequential plate deliveries are running at 4-5 weeks, so I only have another 2-3 to wait. DMV will hold the vanity plates through that period.

My plates came two days ago. Purchase date is May 2.

i thought about

"H2He2Me" but not sure that would work. i presented that to my co-workers and none of them got it but i dont have solar so that might have confused them.

i guess i could try "H2OtoMe" we do have a lot of hydro

MHO POWR for me. I wanted MHO FUN but it was taken. In case you don't know, a mho is a unit of electrical conductance.

TonyWilliams said:
My plates came two days ago. Purchase date is May 2.

It took the full 90 days (to nearly the exact day!) of waiting, but I got the notice on Thursday that my vanity plate [0 TPIPE] was ready and picked it up on Friday. Kinda wish I had placed an online appointment reservation on Thursday though -- the queue was 2 hours (thankfully I had brought along a good book to read!)

Back