Spreadsheet : VINs, Delivery Dates, Order Dates etc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, just like many of you, I'm finally excited to say that I've gone from Pending to "Month of March 2011".

Reserved: 4/20 (I don't remember the time)
Order Date: 9/3 @ 3:26pm
Delivery Date: "Month of March 2011"

Now I'm trying to decide on waiting for the EVSE or going cash&carry...

Funny how it stays "Month of March" for most people. Remember how Nissan said RAQ date as Aug and Sep for people and it ended up being 8/31 and 9/1. I am thinking the same is going to happen. March 1 - March 31st. There is a possibility the early March could become Feb but Nissan took the safe approach... I too am curious about the rest of Jan and Feb deliveries as I dont see too many of those.

Wonder if the rest of deliveries end up going to Businesses and not consumers :-(

csriram45 said:
Funny how it stays "Month of March" for most people. Remember how Nissan said RAQ date as Aug and Sep for people and it ended up being 8/31 and 9/1. I am thinking the same is going to happen. March 1 - March 31st. There is a possibility the early March could become Feb but Nissan took the safe approach... I too am curious about the rest of Jan and Feb deliveries as I dont see too many of those.
I'm hoping my Month of Feb is actually end of Jan (unlikely) or early Feb (possible).

Not sure why so few have Feb date (5 in the sheet). My theory is Nissan is getting cars for Japan & Europe in Feb (i.e. Jan manufacture), with Feb Manufacture returning to US build.

Feb US delivery is mostly for people who got left out of Jan delivery.

palmermd said:
evnow said:
Feb US delivery is mostly for people who got left out of Jan delivery.

I got left out of the Jan delivery and I'm in March.... haha. there are thousands of us who got left out of the Jan delivery.
By that I mean those who ordered on 8/31 or eraly 9/1. I don't think there are thousands.

ps : For all I know my dashboard is messed up again and I should be March :shock:

It'll be interesting to see when mine shows up since Fontana is showing a January production date. The math would seem to indicate that it is a late January production and an early March delivery, if those dates are in fact correct.

I, for one, feel sorry for TRONZ. It must be agonizing to sit at the top of the black-ink rows.

On a more germane note, I think Nissan should create a delivery order which tracks "reservation order," rather than "order order" (LOL).

The vagaries of getting a quote and accepting it were for some of us at least as bad as the server crashing (or whatever the problem was) with making reservations on 4/20 because the dealer element got thrown into the mix. I made a huge mistake in trying to work with the first dealer I contacted (who refused to even offer a quote). It took me days to figure out that the dealer was playing games with me and move onto a second dealer.

BlueSL said:
I think Nissan should create a delivery order which tracks "reservation order," rather than "order order" (LOL).

The vagaries of getting a quote and accepting it were for some of us at least as bad as the server crashing (or whatever the problem was) with making reservations on 4/20 because the dealer element got thrown into the mix. I made a huge mistake in trying to work with the first dealer I contacted (who refused to even offer a quote). It took me days to figure out that the dealer was playing games with me and move onto a second dealer.

I agree, it makes me wonder what the point of the reservation was. I couldn't even order until late September for some reason so my delivery is now showing April. I reserved the first day it opened, as quickly as I could after I got the email.

Not a big deal, but it seems strange to me. I'm just thrilled I'll finally have an electric car soon.

bdgotoh said:
I agree, it makes me wonder what the point of the reservation was. I couldn't even order until late September for some reason so my delivery is now showing April.
From our side, there wasn't that much point - except to let us crazy early adopters get our foot in the door. Without more info, I would have to guess that you weren't able to order until late September because there were quite a few people that reserved before you did.

However, I suspect Nissan had quite a number of reasons of their own for the reservations.

I would imagine that the reservation process let Nissan know what kind of real interest there was in the car. It's one thing to put out surveys or sign up pages - it's another to ask for actual cash from people. Going back to the "first mass produced electric vehicle", even if Nissan suspected what the response was going to be (I am not sure it was) - the reservations let them confirm what they suspected.

The reservation process gave them free publicity. I have seen people wonder why they are advertising the Leaf, when there are so few that can be produced right now. I think it's part of a bigger plan to get people aware and thinking about electric cars. And even though other electric cars are coming out, if they keep it up they might be able to be the "electric car" company the same way Toyota (well, the Prius) is the "hybrid company". I don't know about you, but if I hear "hybrid" the first thing I think of is the Prius.

The reservation process gave them $2,000,000. Sure, that's not a lot to a big company like Nissan, but probably made it easier to justify some of the other costs (like, the oh so functional web site - hah)

ANYway, if you want to respond to this, please quote this in another thread -- this could veer off topic very quickly.

BAD NEWS!@!!

just called rairdons to talk to Todd for any update on delivery and he thinks that week of Jan 21 means delivery could be up to the 28th and earliest would be the 21st.

since the 21st is a friday i was hoping for delivery that week or the 17th(monday) UP TO the 21st. well looks like delivery will be more like the 24th or even a few days later

*sigh*

It seems to me, roughly, with some exceptions, that:

The first minute or so of Reservations on 20 April got "enabled" to order on 31 Aug.

The next few minutes of Reservations (from roll-out areas) got to order on roughly the 1st of Sept., and they are getting their cars in roughly January, 2011.

The next 30 (or 60 or so) minutes of Reservations (from roll-out areas) takes us up to about the 8th of Sept Orders, with deliveries through about March.

Reservations (from roll-out areas) in May are Ordering in January (now), and those made later will order in February and ... ?

All the roll-out area orders should be delivered by roughly end of summer, 2011.

I reserved on 4/20 and ordered on 8/31. On 1/3/11 my dashboard changed from pending to week of January 11, 2011.

I just got a call from my PD saying that my car is in and ready for pickup. They have it on the show room floor, locked and roped off. I will pick it up Monday after I get back from Hawaii.

Just found out from Danny at Fontana that VIN #202 is NOT our car. Please remove from the spreadsheet with Danny's apologies. As it now turns out they do not know what our VIN# is at all. Fontana has now delivered all of their Aug 31 ordered cars except ours. The car is now officially back to "missing". Danny sent me the print out of what he see's. The car was supposed to be built in Nov and our Status say's "ONS". I am going to be totally hooked on tranquilizers by the time this ever ends...

TRONZ said:
Just found out from Danny at Fontana that VIN #202 is NOT our car. Please remove from the spreadsheet with Danny's apologies. As it now turns out they do not know what our VIN# is at all. Fontana has now delivered all of their Aug 31 ordered cars except ours. The car is now officially back to "missing". Danny sent me the print out of what he see's. The car was supposed to be built in Nov and our Status say's "ONS". I am going to be totally hooked on tranquilizers by the time this ever ends...

This worked for MalloryK.....I'll cross my fingers and toes for you that your car is found and found SOON! ;)

Jimmydreams said:
TRONZ said:

This worked for MalloryK.....I'll cross my fingers and toes for you that your car is found and found SOON! ;)

Well, since now I am told we were never assigned a VIN then technically there was no car to go "missing". I am pretty much over playing this game....

Peace Out! :ugeek:

So there's this huge gaping hole that is the month of February.

Makes me wonder if Feb isn't 'VIP Delivery Month'.... have to believe a ton are in California so only time and the rebate cash pool will tell I suppose...

TRONZ said:

DUDE! That has to be so irritating and you must be beyond pissed. Sorry you're having to go through this.

Back